2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems to me that the ladies who really performed, not so nervously yesterday, have switched roles so that the ones who were nervous yesterday are actually enjoying performing today. It's interesting! Maybe related to who likes SP better or FS.

I enjoy these early competitions, to see skaters I'm not familiar with yet.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yikes!

Right, I have to go now. I lost track of time, and didn't realise that it was after half past 3.

Supposed to be watching British Superbikes now.

CaroLiza_fan

bluelutz

On the Ice
I noticed last year too, but the quality of this live feed is much lower than one from JGP Yokohama,
color, sharpness, general camera works and also no play back during the waiting time for the score.

I seriously wish one of challenger series will be held in Japan in the near future.
Or more like wondering why ISU does not do that immediately.
They can make money with ticket sale and TV coverage if they have one there.
Also skaters can perform in front of much larger appreciative audience.
And people in other countries can enjoy the live feed with better quality.
Well, only one downside is the live feed with bad time zone for North American fans.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Yikes!

Right, I have to go now. I lost track of time, and didn't realise that it was after half past 3.

Supposed to be watching British Superbikes now.

CaroLiza_fan

:thank: Thank you for everything! Have fun with your superbikes (I have no idea what that is, but it sounds cool)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
9 Tanja ODERMATT (SUI)

Black long-sleeve dress, sparkly sweetheart, gloves

Music: Exogenesis Symphony Part 3 by Muse (last season)

3Lo - fall
3S+2T
3S
FSSp
StSq
3T+2T+1Lo - bit wonky
3T - fall, at least <
2A - turnout
CCoSp3p
ChSq
2A - stepout
FCCoSp3p

Bit messy skate with 2 falls and several stepouts.

41.35+42.88-2.00 = 82.23, 124.84, 4/9

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I guess I will hear a lot more of Muse's music this season...:slink:

And now we have another Winner Takes All. Isn't it weird how obscure or less popular songs will suddenly get chosen by multiple skaters at the same time? How does that happen? At least with Muse we know it's because other people have skated to it previously, but Winner Takes All?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
10 Antonina DUBININA (SRB)

Blue ombre dress, flower details

Music: The Winner Takes it All

2A+3T - ok, looked 3T<
3Lz - looked <
3Lo<< - fall
2S+1Lo+2S
FSSp
CCoSp3p
ChSq
3S - ok, maybe <
2A - stepout
3T - stepout, at least <
StSq
LSp

Lots of her jumps looked underrotated

31.74+38.32-1.00 = 69.06, 113.67, 6/10

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ok I'm tuning in for real now... I'm very hopeful that some of these performances are going to be awesome :)

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed. Unless she wants to become a next Kristi, her time will be useful spent to develop her pair skills and basic SS.

Kristi thrived doing both until she got to the top five at worlds in both disciplines. I think her mother was quoted as saying "the busier Kristi is, the better she does."

But then, it was too hard on her and she had to choose. In her last year's TSL interview, she said some things about that situation I'd never heard before. Very interesting, and also Rudi's viewpoint in his TSL interview.

Best to Anna! .... tho' I like her better in pairs too.:)

bluelutz

On the Ice
And now we have another Winner Takes All. Isn't it weird how obscure or less popular songs will suddenly get chosen by multiple skaters at the same time? How does that happen? At least with Muse we know it's because other people have skated to it previously, but Winner Takes All?

Yeah, it is weird, but I do not complain because one of my favorites from ABBA's :)

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It's mysterious. :yes: These things are in the air, in the collective consciousness. Imagine twilight zone music here. :eek: :cool: :drama: :scard8:

Otherwise, so many skaters wouldn't have chosen Exogenesis this year. They wouldn't choose it if they realized.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm hardly a fan of ABBA, but if it's a choice between their music and yet another Buble or 2010s James Bond song... yeah.

Really missing the instrumental and classical music, though. And why does it have to be that same song by Piazzolla all the time? The good man wrote a lot more music than just that one piece.

LRK

Record Breaker

Well, I grew up with ABBA (I'm born in 1971 - in Sweden - need I say more?;)), so I can take a lot more than two The Winner Takes It All.:) Especially since that is one of my more favourite songs of theirs - in fact, I started to feel quite sentimentally nostalgic even during that less than stellar skate.;) In fact, I'd probably be able to take a few Dancing Queen:s as well - which may be my least favourite.

Somebody should skate to Money, Money, Money, though.:)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Kristi thrived doing both until she got to the top five at worlds in both disciplines. I think her mother was quoted as saying "the busier Kristi is, the better she does."

But then, it was too hard on her and she had to choose. In her last year's TSL interview, she said some things about that situation I'd never heard before. Very interesting, and also Rudi's viewpoint in his TSL interview.

Best to Anna! .... tho' I like her better in pairs too.:)

Because of Kristi, I've kept a wildest and unachievable dream of watching a magnificent skater winning Olympics and Worlds both in ladies and pairs someday ever since I saw her compete at Albertville. :laugh: However, none could even reach to her legacy yet. Thanks for introducing the interviews. I will look into that soon.

I also wish all the best for Anna who are also making history for her country. :)