Record Breaker
That I-spin at the end was totally unexpected :jaw:

didn't help his score, but it was cool anyway :cool:

...and I thought we were all done and there's still another group? :drama:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Irakli, what to do with you :palmf: he doesnt always hit it but i think he has one of the best 3A among juniors with very little set up, if only he can control himself more we will see him on podiums :dbana: but of course not giving up on him!! :hap10:

i really enjoyed little Majorov too, he is quite a performer :luv17:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I really like Park Sunghoon. Wish he did better at qualifications and was assigned two JGPs.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow, great job Graham, most composed i have seen him and that 3A was awesome! new PB for sure :clap:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
By 9 points!

he had some disatrous skate last season so it makes me happy to see him skate to his potential! hopefully he will stay calm at LP too

and i love Yan's music , i wish we hear different kind of music like this more often

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Protocols are up. http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpest2016/jgpest2016_JuniorMen_SP_Scores.pdf

Apparently Zhao's point off was a time violation. Hmmm.

He started at 0:15 into the Youtube video and ended at 3:07, which 2 minutes and 52 seconds. I thought the time limit was 2:50 +/- 10 seconds, but apparently the 2016 Special Regulations and Technical Rules PDF (at Rule 502) states it's 2:40 which would put Vincent more than the allotted 10 seconds over time. Hence, the deduction.

http://static.isu.org/media/1003/20...ce-and-technical-rules-sandp-and-id_final.pdf

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Protocols are up. http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpest2016/jgpest2016_JuniorMen_SP_Scores.pdf

Apparently Zhao's point off was a time violation. Hmmm.

He started at 0:15 into the Youtube video and ended at 3:07, which 2 minutes and 52 seconds. I thought the time limit was 2:50 +/- 10 seconds, but apparently the 2016 Special Regulations and Technical Rules PDF (at Rule 502) states it's 2:40 which would put Vincent more than the allotted 10 seconds over time. Hence, the deduction.

http://static.isu.org/media/1003/20...ce-and-technical-rules-sandp-and-id_final.pdf

Vincent's SP was "only" two seconds over the limit, if its length was 2:52.

An additional part of the rule is:
The Skater/Pair/Couple is allowed to finish the Short Program, Short Dance, Free Skating or Free Dance within ten (10) seconds plus or minus the required time.
(from page 75 of the PDF)​

Not saying he did not deserve the deduction.
But the discrepancy was small -- and thus easy to correct by next time, I would hope.

Congratulations to Vincent for winning the SP :yay:.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Interestingly 2 of the skaters (Glebs Basins and Harrison Bain) both have "Costume/Prop Violation (___ out of 10)" listed in their Deductions sections with no actual deductions taken for said violation. Hmmm.

http://static.isu.org/media/1018/sandp-deduction-chart-2016.pdf seems to indication that the number out of 10 is a vote among the referee and the 9 judges, with a deduction only occurring if more that 50% vote for it (so more than 5). Wonder what the violations those few judges pointed out that not everyone would agree was a violation.

Rissa

Record Breaker
The way Samarin gets into it at the end of the program is awesome. Even though he knows he's screwed up the beginning, he didn't let it affect the end. I so like this SP. Needs a better costume, though.

Speaking of costumes, Sadovsky stepped it up. Majorly. The entire program looks better with it, even the fall.

Impressed by Koshiro. He reminded me bit of Shoma Uno.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Vincent's SP was "only" two seconds over the limit, if its length was 2:52.

An additional part of the rule is:
The Skater/Pair/Couple is allowed to finish the Short Program, Short Dance, Free Skating or Free Dance within ten (10) seconds plus or minus the required time.
(from page 75 of the PDF)​

Not saying he did not deserve the deduction.
But the discrepancy was small -- and thus easy to correct by next time, I would hope.

Congratulations to Vincent for winning the SP :yay:.

Yes, I did mention the +/- 10 seconds bit. That's why I said he was more than the allotted 10 seconds over. It was hard to spot initially because the range used to be 2:40-3:00 rather than 2:30-2:50

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, I did mention the +/- 10 seconds bit. That's why I said he was more than the allotted 10 seconds over. It was hard to spot initially because the range used to be 2:40-3:00 rather than 2:30-2:50

Sorry, it is my fault.

It was confusing to me :hopelessness: that you did not repeat the +/- 10 seconds for the 2:40 ... and somehow some of your other wording also got garbled in my head.
But I should have read more carefully. Apologies.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Interestingly 2 of the skaters (Glebs Basins and Harrison Bain) both have "Costume/Prop Violation (___ out of 10)" listed in their Deductions sections with no actual deductions taken for said violation. Hmmm.

http://static.isu.org/media/1018/sandp-deduction-chart-2016.pdf seems to indication that the number out of 10 is a vote among the referee and the 9 judges, with a deduction only occurring if more that 50% vote for it (so more than 5). Wonder what the violations those few judges pointed out that not everyone would agree was a violation.

BTW, same thing happened to Jorik H. at Nebelhorn.
Costume/Prop Violation noted on the protocol, but no deduction in points.

In the TSL This and That, Dave Lease seemed to think that the issue was that Jorik's pants were too tight.
I don't know whether it was only Dave's speculation or whether he knew it to be actual fact.

(Disclaimer: I did not see the costumes of these two men competing in Estonia, so I have no idea what the issues were in their cases. Watched only Vincent's and Camden's SPs.)

Last edited: