Stars On Ice US Tickets On Sale | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice US Tickets On Sale

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lucky west coasters get multiple dates. The Northeast pretty much was ignored again, no NYC area or Boston shows? Come on SOI, get it together.

http://www.starsonice.com/get-tickets.html
Password: STARS (from Instagram)

Performers include Ashley, Gracie, Jeremy, D/W and more TBA.

Apr 13, 2017 GERMAIN ARENA FORT MYERS, FL
May 4, 2017 GIANT CENTER HERSHEY, PA
May 6, 2017 ALLSTATE ARENA CHICAGO, IL
May 13, 2017 HONDA CENTER ANAHEIM, CA
May 20, 2017 KEY ARENA SEATTLE, WA
May 21, 2017 TOWN TOYOTA CENTER Wenatchee, WA
TBA SAP CENTER, San Jose, CA

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lucky west coasters get multiple dates. The Northeast pretty much was ignored again, no NYC area or Boston shows? Come on SOI, get it together.

http://www.starsonice.com/get-tickets.html
Password: STARS (from Instagram)

Performers include Ashley, Gracie, Jeremy, D/W and more TBA.

Apr 13, 2017 GERMAIN ARENA FORT MYERS, FL
May 4, 2017 GIANT CENTER HERSHEY, PA
May 6, 2017 ALLSTATE ARENA CHICAGO, IL
May 13, 2017 HONDA CENTER ANAHEIM, CA
May 20, 2017 KEY ARENA SEATTLE, WA
May 21, 2017 TOWN TOYOTA CENTER Wenatchee, WA
TBA SAP CENTER, San Jose, CA

I feel your pain, but Hershey is not the Midwest either. Two hour drive from Philadelphia and/or D.C. (And me:)) Three hour drive for you. Boston is shafted.

My nephew is now in Harrisburg, if they add Jason, I shall see....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What's insane for me that I'm within driving distance of TWO dates -- 2 hours from Wenatchee AND Seattle. Crazy. Wonder the logic for doing two shows in Washington state.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I have no one who will go with me, I may go to the Aneheim CA one but I don't know enough skating fans.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Go by yourself! :yes:

I still think they have gone about SOI all the wrong way. They got good sales and good attendance at the plentiful dates for the post-Olympic tour, and people wanted to go because they'd seen so-and-so skater on their TV during the season. Then the next season a lot of these casual attendees were left confused when almost none of the skaters they had loved the year before came back and none were current competitors.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I still think they have gone about SOI all the wrong way. They got good sales and good attendance at the plentiful dates for the post-Olympic tour, and people wanted to go because they'd seen so-and-so skater on their TV during the season. Then the next season a lot of these casual attendees were left confused when almost none of the skaters they had loved the year before came back and none were current competitors.

It sounds like they went back to current competitors last season --Ashley, Gracie, Polina, The Shibutanis and Chock/Bates, ---and it seems they're doing so again.

KatGrace1925

Medalist

I am hopefully moving to LA next year so it might be easier for me to go next year but I don't want to miss out this year. I really wanted to go to nationals next year in san jose the ticket prices are just much more than I have ever paid for an event and once again I'd be alone.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am hopefully moving to LA next year so it might be easier for me to go next year but I don't want to miss out this year. I really wanted to go to nationals next year in san jose the ticket prices are just much more than I have ever paid for an event and once again I'd be alone.

You shouldn't let going alone discourage you. There are always opportunities to meet up with other GS posters throughout the whole event including at formal and informal meetups.

Also if you're only interested in the championship events, might be worth waiting for single tickets, so it wouldn't cost as much.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
You shouldn't let going alone discourage you. There are always opportunities to meet up with other GS posters throughout the whole event including at formal and informal meetups.

Also if you're only interested in the championship events, might be worth waiting for single tickets, so it wouldn't cost as much.

I know nothing about how ticket pricing works. I have been a fan of figure skating since I was 11 but it's only in the past few years that I have become invovled with the online community. I have been told that figure skating is something that you have to see live if your a fan at all. 2018 is just such a great opportunity.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I know nothing about how ticket pricing works. I have been a fan of figure skating since I was 11 but it's only in the past few years that I have become invovled with the online community. I have been told that figure skating is something that you have to see live if your a fan at all. 2018 is just such a great opportunity.

Along with single-session tickets, they often sell Championship weekend packages that are pretty reasonable.

I definitely recommend going to Nationals in an Olympic year...there's a definite buzz in the air. I went in 2014 and it was a wonderful experience! I'm planning to go again though there will be major logistics since I'm bringing my husband and my 2 year old with me.

temadd

Final Flight
I have no one who will go with me, I may go to the Aneheim CA one but I don't know enough skating fans.

I don't know any skating fans at all! I went by myself last year and sat on the floor right in front of the ice and loved it.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

If you have the chance to go, then go. There are usually many other GS board members at skating events, plus I know how much of a Gracie fan you are and you really need to see her skate live if you have this chance.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
You're all awesome! I think I am settled and set on going now. Those single session tickets will help for sure for nationals. Stars on Ice will be fun to!

R.D.

Record Breaker
I've always gone by myself to skating shows. No shame in doing so. If anyone has the chance to attend and they can afford it, I'd recommend going. If finances allow, I'd also highly recommend picking up a M&G pass as well, particularly if you are a big fan of one or more of the performers.

I did SOI every year from 2008-2011, even going to 2 shows in 2009 (fluke happening, really - long story)...then when they stopped coming to DC/Balt area, I stopped going. I did make the journey to the Tri-State area for the 2014 show, but they haven't even been back up there. Hershey is well out of the way, plus it's on a weekday (two strikes). If the cast was convincing enough, I was going to consider seeing if I could make it work, but I've already seen (and met!) all the skaters they've announced - many more than once. No one yet to make it worth such a trip.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

As someone for whom the opportunities to see live high-level skating are thin on the ground, I would say take the opportunity! You won't regret it.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel your pain, but Hershey is not the Midwest either. Two hour drive from Philadelphia and/or D.C. (And me:)) Three hour drive for you. Boston is shafted.

My nephew is now in Harrisburg, if they add Jason, I shall see....

I hope you get your wish with Jason.

My whining and complaining mostly goes to the fact that a few years ago, the tour came to Newark, NJ and I think they also used to go to Nassau Coliseum on Long Island which is also a quick train ride away. They used to do 2 dates in the tri-state area and now nothing.

They no longer go anywhere in the northeast except Hershey. A three hour drive on a weeknight just isn't doable and I'm not taking off work to stay overnight. Perhaps the attendance wasn't so great for those shows. I just think it's odd with sellout crowds at Worlds in Boston with many people who came from the NY/NJ area to attend, they don't see a market in the northeast for SOI.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I hope you get your wish with Jason.

My whining and complaining mostly goes to the fact that a few years ago, the tour came to Newark, NJ and I think they also used to go to Nassau Coliseum on Long Island which is also a quick train ride away. They used to do 2 dates in the tri-state area and now nothing.

They no longer go anywhere in the northeast except Hershey. A three hour drive on a weeknight just isn't doable and I'm not taking off work to stay overnight. Perhaps the attendance wasn't so great for those shows. I just think it's odd with sellout crowds at Worlds in Boston with many people who came from the NY/NJ area to attend, they don't see a market in the northeast for SOI.

Seems their choices are really random. Like having a stop in Wenatchee. For those not familiar, Wenatchee is a small city in Central Washington. It's basically 2-3 hours from any of the larger urban areas it could draw from (Seattle/Spokane) and not even near a major interstate (you can access it via some really speedy U.S. Highways, but still). Granted, the arena there is really nice and perhaps they got a good deal from the venue.

FWIW, Washington state had ZERO Dates last year and now we have two. Maybe NY/NJ will end up with a few next year. ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
It'll be the post-Olympic tour for crying out loud...they'd better!!

The only thing I can think of is that these smaller venues in smaller towns are cheaper to rent out than the major stadiums - and therefore the tour can still survive even with the greatly reduced audience it has now. Because as badly as we want the tours to come here, I don't remember the arenas being more than half full when I did go (and even that would be a generous estimate in some cases). Guess it's still better than no tour at all. Or perhaps they can take a page out of gymnastics and only do the tour in Olympic years - but expand it greatly in exchange.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hershey is usually a given, because years ago Scott Hamilton said it was always the favorite stop on the tour for the skaters every year.