2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 131 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
If it's Med's mother, then it's absolutely appalling that the video was uploaded for the world to see. Imagine the humiliation Med must have felt. If it isn't Med's mother, it's still pretty shocking behaviour on the part of the kid who recorded the video (Eteri's daughter isn't it?). It's obviously a conversation that is taking place in a private setting, to record that and put it online is incredibly rude.

I don't speak Russian. What did the video say, if I may ask?

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
If it isn't Med's mother, it's still pretty shocking behaviour on the part of the kid who recorded the video (Eteri's daughter isn't it?). It's obviously a conversation that is taking place in a private setting, to record that and put it online is incredibly rude.

Eteri's daughter Diana has hearing problem from her childhood. She was probably live in chat and didn't hear what they were talking about. Someone else has posted it online.

moriel

Record Breaker
That's what I'm trying to tell you. Something is being cooked. Stasya "The Olympian" Konstantinova. :yay:

Nah, she didnt move to seniors this season, so no Olympic games.
Basically, without doing senior GP and winning something there, and ideally going to the final, i´m pretty sure no Olympic chance. Whatever happens at nationals will be scored according to how well each skater does internationally.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Has Mikhailova competed this season so far? Do we know anything about her current shape?

lavoix

Match Penalty
Has Radionova changed her FS music? Because I really didn't like her program at the Nepella challenger cup. I'm just not feeling Radionova at all this season.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Has Radionova changed her FS music? Because I really didn't like her program at the Nepella challenger cup. I'm just not feeling Radionova at all this season.

I think she's very talented, but for me she has maybe the worst choreography and music choices of any Russian lady. Not only this year, but several years.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I think she's very talented, but for me she has maybe the worst choreography and music choices of any Russian lady. Not only this year, but several years.

I agree. They were almost good in 13-14, not that bad in 14-15 and then just became absolute trainwrecks. She has the worst music choices I think I've encountered.

The sport would be so much better if they again started to protect the skaters from themselves and banned sung music. It's like 95:5 in favor of miss vs hit. Though, unfortunately, that'd remove the 5% that I really do enjoy. Perhaps there should be a "music choice" PCS category to punish these so that the skaters would pick something bearable to listen to. It's a sad state when you actually have to watch some programs muted.

moriel

Record Breaker
I agree. They were almost good in 13-14, not that bad in 14-15 and then just became absolute trainwrecks. She has the worst music choices I think I've encountered.

The sport would be so much better if they again started to protect the skaters from themselves and banned sung music. It's like 95:5 in favor of miss vs hit. Though, unfortunately, that'd remove the 5% that I really do enjoy. Perhaps there should be a "music choice" PCS category to punish these so that the skaters would pick something bearable to listen to. It's a sad state when you actually have to watch some programs muted.

Well, this is a bit of your personal taste. For example imho, Lena's program until last year were great, things derailed last year, specially in the SP, because its when she stopped looking like that charming Lena we always knew and loved and lost connection with audience.

Same for sung music - maybe you dont like 95% of it, while other people like 95% of it. Just saying.
Folks, please stop projecting your personal tastes such as "no music with lyrics", "they should ban pop music from FS" and so on. If we ban everything that some fan doesnt like, skaters will have to skate without music.

Country
Russia
Has Mikhailova competed this season so far? Do we know anything about her current shape?
1st Event of Russian Cup, 15-19 Sep.
She was third, 182.57 (1st Gulyakova, 2nd Gubanova both are not age eligible for Senior International)
http://www.fsrussia.ru/results/1718/1etap/index.htm

In SP 3Lz+3T< FCSp4 StSq2 3Lo 2A CCoSp4 LSp3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi5XqxVB9Dc

In FS 2A+3T 3Lz! 3Lo+2T FCSp4 2A+1Lo+3S 3F 3Lo CCoSp2 SpSq1 3S StSq2 LSp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhQgw6A8cOg

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Apparently Evgenia fell in practice. I’m shocked.
Nothing much about Elena, but I heard she’s doing a 3sal-3toe.
Is there practice video up yet?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
How many times did Zhenya fall? If it's just once, then I'm not TOO concerned....
Dear Zhenya, you are a goddess 😍