2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 287 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
them: *complains about Russian ladies*
me: *brings up the clip of SYTTD: "it's okay, you don't have to like the most beautiful dress I've ever seen on you"*
--> it's okay, you don't have to like the best skaters in the world (yes you do, who am I kidding?)

tars

Record Breaker
Some eye-witness from Russian forum saw Eteri standing in the rink, starring intensively at the panel for the whole time of Alina being judged and 30 seconds before the scores appeared, she spread her hands and shrugged.
Supposedly, she was communicating with someone in the panel and he/she let her know Alina prevailed. :think:

Quote:
Ну и самое любопытное для меня было, когда ждали оценок Загитовой. Этери стояла у выхода из подтрибунных помещений, напротив судей и все время смотрела на них, как гипнотизировала, и в какой-то момент, секунд за тридцать до оглашения оценок, как бы обращаясь к кому-то из судей, она развела руками и пожала плечами. Я думаю ей дали понять, что Алина сейчас обойдет Женю. Очень показательно на мой взгляд в плане приоритетов тренера.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Hm.. most likely she doesn't want Zagitova to win - as ridiculously as it sounds. As I recall Eteri considers Medvedeva practically as her second daughter while with Zagitova she keeps professional distance.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Poor sotskova, less than 70 in the sp. Though I have no reason to worry for her; no way would the federation replace her with another Anna Karenina program! So, as interesting as it’d be if Konstantinova went to the Olympics, we can all bet that sotskova will be the third team member. Right? Even with a 4th place finish?

charlotte14

Medalist
Poor sotskova, less than 70 in the sp. Though I have no reason to worry for her; no way would the federation replace her with another Anna Karenina program! So, as interesting as it’d be if Konstantinova went to the Olympics, we can all bet that sotskova will be the third team member. Right? Even with a 4th place finish?
Both Flip and Lutz were UR and I have no idea why she was not called for it.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Some eye-witness from Russian forum saw Eteri standing in the rink, starring intensively at the panel for the whole time of Alina being judged and 30 seconds before the scores appeared, she spread her hands and shrugged.
Supposedly, she was communicating with someone in the panel and he/she let her know Alina prevailed. :think:

Quote:

boy.... someone has big imagination ....
I'm so tired of these haters trying to come up with new nonsenses.... :disagree::disagree::disagree:

Grin

Medalist
boy.... someone has big imagination ....
I'm so tired of these haters trying to come up with new nonsenses.... :disagree::disagree::disagree:

For me it was like: someone saw Eteri blowing her nose when Alina was waiting in the K&C corner. Eteri is so cruel. Bla bla

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_-mrcu8OQ&t=7m7s

Interviewer: We congratulate you wihth your return to the ice. How do you feel about it and about your short program? Looking at your reaction at the end of your skating, it wasn't quite ideal.
Evgenia Medvedeva: It was far from ideal, there were many flaws. But first of all, I want to thank everyone who is rooting for me. My recovery was much better thanks to my fans who supported me every day. This support gave me a lot of strength to recover my health. Now the only thing I feel - I missed the competitions so much. You can't imgane how hard it was to sit... [sob] sorry... to sit on an armchair and watch it all happening without me. I really missed the competitions.

Interviewer: We congratulate you, it was really great, the scores are huge. Was it an ideal skating of this program?
Alina Zagitova: Thank you. I think there is still room for improvement, but so far in this season it was my best short program.
I: What were you thinking about while preparing for your first Europeans?
AZ: I was trying to calm down; after all, this is the first time I participate in the Europeans. Well, I coped with that, I guess, and I did everything we prepared with the coaches.
I: Does the atmosphere here differ from the Nationals' final?
AZ: Yes, it feels easier here. The audience bursts into applause each time a Russian athlete steps on the ice. It was very nice.
I: Thanks a lot, good luck in your free skating.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
I think Evgenia's puberty awaiters will be converted into Alina's puberty awaiters soon enough.

I think they will be disappointed because (as I can see) Alina is in the process right now and she will not suffer from it in the future.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
But let them not worry, there are still Polina Tsurskaya, Alyona Kostornaya, Daria Panenkova, Anastasia Tarakanova, Alexandra Trusova and Anna Scherbakova, so their hopes can still come true.

After all, hope dies last, right?

Resa

On the Ice
I also think that Alina won't have a "puberty crash". She already has a very female body I think. She matures little by little, so that there are never big changes and she can easily adjust to the little ones. Her body is a bit like Adelina's. Not super slim but very athletic from the beginning on.

Congratulations to Alina, Masha, Caro, Zhenia btw.

Resa

On the Ice
I wish they would put the Ladies comp right at the beginning of every comp so we don't have to wait that long :pray:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I wish they would put the Ladies comp right at the beginning of every comp so we don't have to wait that long :pray:

Wrong. Right at the end, that will be correct. Such a beauty will die under ugly skating from men, ice dance and pairs. The ladies events are the most interesting and the most tasty. So it should be at the end.