Country
United-States
Oct 27 - Oct 29, 2017

Brandt Centre
Evraz Place.
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Saturday, 28 October 2017, 11:04 UTC -6

Time in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

StN.NameNationRankPoints
Warm-Up Group 1​
1Marin HONDA
JPN
2Alaine CHARTRAND
CAN
3Larkyn AUSTMAN
CAN
4Kailani CRAINE
AUS
5Laurine LECAVELIER
FRA
6Ashley WAGNER
USA
Warm-Up Group 2​
7Karen CHEN
USA
8Rika HONGO
JPN
9Courtney HICKS
USA
10Maria SOTSKOVA
RUS
11Kaetlyn OSMOND
CAN
12Anna POGORILAYA
RUS

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Kailani CRAINE
SP: Dream a Little Dream of Me performed by Ella Fitzgerald, One Day (Swingrowers Remix) performed by Caro Emerald; choreo by Alex Chang (last season's program)
FS: Moulin Rouge (soundtrack); choreo by Alex Chang
AUS
2Larkyn AUSTMAN
SP: Mein Herr from Cabaret, performed by Liza Minnelli; choreo by Mark Pillay
LP: Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schoenberg; choreo by Mark Pillay
CAN
3Alaine CHARTRAND
SP: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Sunset Boulevard soundtrack by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by David Wilson
CAN
4Kaetlyn OSMOND
SP: “Sous Le Ciel de Paris” and “Milord" performed by Edith Piaf; choreo by Lance Vipond (SP)
FS: Andante Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski, No. 24 Scene: Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski, Stumbled Beginnings (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell, Nina's Dream (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell; choreo by Jeffrey Buttle (FS)
CAN
5Laurine LECAVELIER
SP: "Shining Silver Skies" by Ashram; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
FS: "Bye Bye Baby" from the Some Like It Hot soundtrack and "My Heart Belongs to Daddy," from the Let's Make Love soundtrack, both sung by Marilyn Monroe; choreo by Fabian Bourzat
FRA
6Marin HONDA
SP: "The Giving" by Michael W. Smith); choreo by David Wilson, Jeffrey Buttle
FS: Turandot by Giacomo Puccini (Vanessa-Mae violin version & Sarah Brightman vocals); choreo by David Wilson, Jeffrey Buttle
JPN
7Rika HONGO
SP: O Fortuna (from "Carmina Burana") by Carl Orff; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Kenji Miyamoto
FS: Frida (soundtrack) by Elliot Goldenthal; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Kenji Miyamoto
JPN
8Anna POGORILAYA
SP: Esperanza by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Viktor Adonev, Sergei Pliskin
FS: Swan Lake by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Adonev, Sergei Pliskin
RUS
9Maria SOTSKOVA
SP: Waltz from "Swan Lake"; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev
FS: Clair de lune by Claude Debussy; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Petr Tchernyshev
RUS
10Karen CHEN
SP: El Tango de Roxanne" from Moulin Rouge, sung by Jose Feliciano; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS1: Carmen Suite by Rodion Schcedrin; choreo by Mark Pillay
USA
11Courtney HICKS
SP: Nocturne from La Califfa (The Lady Caliph), composed by Ennio Morricone and performed by Yo Yo Ma. choreo by Rohene Ward
FS: Amazing Grace performed by The Tenors, ft. Natalie Grant; choreo by Jonathan Cassar
USA
12Ashley WAGNER
SP: Hip Hip, Chin Chin (2016 program) by Club des Belugas; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Moulin Rouge (2015-2016 & 2016-17 program): Damonds (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack), One Day I'll Fly Away (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack), The Show Must Go On (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
USA

Last edited:

pearly

Record Breaker
Ashley was at FS practice during the warm up, but had left before her music started. Hope everything is ok.

pearly

Record Breaker
Unlucky draw for Anna. She skates right after Osmond. Anna's Swan Lake cut includes only the overture and the finale. Osmond has one or two other pieces in her program, but opening and the end are the same. Both in black dresses. Osmond on home turf.

Kaetlyn looked better, more solid and more focused in practice. Pogorilaya looks annoyed by everything her coach tells her.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Unlucky draw for Anna. She skates right after Osmond. Anna's Swan Lake cut includes only the overture and the finale. Osmond has one or two other pieces in her program, but opening and the end are the same. Both in black dresses. Osmond on home turf.

Kaetlyn looked better, more solid and more focused in practice. Pogorilaya looks annoyed by everything her coach tells her.

I watched some of her practices on youtube and damn Anna Tsareva never looked happy. I think she is one of the reasons why Pogo is always so nervous.

Anyway i don't think the draw is that bad: first of all Anna was in this position at Worlds 2016, skating last in the short program where i remember people like Christine Brennan and Dave Lease were so ready to see her failing, and then she ended up having a great skate.

Plus honestly i've never seen Kaetlyn skating a clean free skate, maybe this is the one for her who knows (she was closer this summer), but even with a clean skate, we aren't comparing Mirai with Evgenia, the gap here is much closer: they are both great skater, so i don't think Anna's Swan Lake will look that much worse anyway.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I am ready for redemption! This short program was so off so I am ready for the FS!!

Alifyre

On the Ice
I watched some of her practices on youtube and damn Anna Tsareva never looked happy. I think she is one of the reasons why Pogo is always so nervous.

Honestly I've wondered many times why Pogo sticks with Tsareva, she doesn't seem to do much for Anna's psychological state which I really think is her biggest weak point.... I know they've been together Anna's whole career but sometimes I wonder what a coaching change could do for her.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Anna could be amazing with another coach! I'm thinking along the lines of Goncharenko, Mishina, or Eteri

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
There are two distinct groups in this LP segment,as a result of the SP performances. The first group is comprised of redemption seekers - the under-performers from yesterday, regardless of their current placements and overall expectations. In the second group are the medal chasers, all, except perhaps Kaetlyn, subject to a melt down or rising up to a game changing performance. The medals are still up for grabs. And Ashley straddles both groups, with hope to redeem herself all the way to a medal.

I hope to see big smiles at the K&C today.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Spirals, I know it might create controversy but, I think Anna could use a coach like Kori. Imagine her with the calm that Kori has instilled in Jason Brown and Rohene's choreography. I have always had a soft spot for Anna because she reminds me of Maria Butyrskaya. A seemingly stoic yet, fragile diva and I always want to see her skate well.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I have always had a soft spot for Anna because she reminds me of Maria Butyrskaya. A seemingly stoic yet, fragile diva and I always want to see her skate well.

Well said. Except for the resemblance to Maria, this is pretty much how I feel about Anna, a seemingly stoic yet fragile diva. She is gorgeous yet vulnerable. Her skating is that of a grown woman, sophisticated, sensual, and alluring, yet there is a childlike innocence and approval seeking. She is the beautiful talented woman child many can't help but have a soft spot for.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I know it might create controversy but, I think Anna could use a coach like Kori. Imagine her with the calm that she has instilled in Jason Brown and Rohene's choreography. I have always had a soft spot for Anna because she reminds me of Maria Butyrskaya. A seemingly stoic yet, fragile diva and I always want to see her skate well.

Isn't it almost impossible for russian skaters to leave Russia for a foreign coach? Isn't the Russian Federation paying and if she changes coach to outside of Russia she will have to pay herself? So...it would be wonderful, but I don't think it's popular to go to the West for coaching.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Isn't it almost impossible for russian skaters to leave Russia for a foreign coach? Isn't the Russian Federation paying and if she changes coach to outside of Russia she will have to pay herself? So...it would be wonderful, but I don't think it's popular to go to the West for coaching.

You're correct! I remember Plushy saying that the Federation paid ALL of his expenses when he was younger. In fact, I think they even paid for his housing which included his Parents. It's just a pipe dream, I guess.

BTW, I hope Courtney Hicks can stay in the top 6. To see her in 4th place is quite a surprise especially since she defeated two, one former, and one current, US Champions to do it.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Spirals, I know it might create controversy but, I think Anna could use a coach like Kori. Imagine her with the calm that she has instilled in Jason Brown and Rohene's choreography. I have always had a soft spot for Anna because she reminds me of Maria Butyrskaya. A seemingly stoic yet, fragile diva and I always want to see her skate well.

Hmm, interesting. Out of the US coaches, I'd like to see her with Tammy or Todd... both not as well known but good coaches who really support their skaters. All of them seem to have relatively good technique as well. I'm not a fan of Anna's skating but even I think that something needs to change with her coaching dynamic.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Honestly I've wondered many times why Pogo sticks with Tsareva, she doesn't seem to do much for Anna's psychological state which I really think is her biggest weak point.... I know they've been together Anna's whole career but sometimes I wonder what a coaching change could do for her.

I think it was confirmed that in spring of 2015 Anna did try to switch but no one else would take her. I think she did have one actual try out with another coach that didn't work out at that time too. So she returned to Tsareva, who was willing to still work with her. Probably if Tsareva hadn't been the fed would have stepped in to find some solution for her but that obviously didn't happen. Interestingly following that she did have her best season with the World medal and all.

Alifyre

On the Ice
I think it was confirmed that in spring of 2015 Anna did try to switch but no one else would take her. I think she did have one actual try out with another coach that didn't work out at that time too. So she returned to Tsareva, who was willing to still work with her. Probably if Tsareva hadn't been the fed would have stepped in to find some solution for her but that obviously didn't happen. Interestingly following that she did have her best season with the World medal and all.

No one would take her?? That's wild to me, I know she wasn't the most stellar skater when she was younger with her consistency issues but honestly her ability to thrive with a coach like Tsareva tells me she's got the raw talent even if her coaching isn't 100% spot on. I suppose that's just what happens when you live in a place with so many talented ladies skaters.