Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who you want to win Oly medals in S.Korea?

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I’ve pestered the figure skating gods enough to make sure Javi wins a medal!

tureis

On the Ice
My one and only wish is for Javi to win. I have big sentimental favorites in all disciplines but I would let go of every other wish in a heartbeat just for this one thing. :) But I will be happy already if he somehow ends up on the podium.

slider11

Medalist
Team: 1) Russia 2) Canada 3) USA

Men: 1) Shoma Uno 2) Javi Fernandez 3) Nathan Chen
Ladies:1) Evgenia Medvedeva 2) Alina Zagitova 3) Katelyn Osmond
Pairs: 1) Sui/Han 2)Savchenko/Massot 3) Tarasova/Morozov
Dance: 1)Papadakis/Cizeron 2)Virtue/Moir 3) Shibs

Can't wait!!

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Ladies:
- Hoped: 1 Medvedeva, 2 Zagitova, 3 Kostner ( so difficult )
- Feared: 1 Zagitova, 2 Medvedeva, 3 Osmond

I want Medvedeva to gold, A LOT. If Carolina don't take this medal is not the end of the world, it's in our heart anyway.

Men:
- Hoped: 1 Hanyu, 2 Uno, 3 Fernandez
- Feared: 1 Chen, 2 Boyang, 3 Uno

I love Chan, but he just can't take a medal here and have already missed his chance of gold. Fernandez deserve an Olympic medal, Yuzuru is GOD but who knows if is ready...
Chen and Boyang, to my eyes, are still more extraordinary jumpers than performer, and at now i like them less.

Pairs:
- Hoped: 1 Sui/Han, 2 Savchenko/Massot, 3 Duhamel/Radford ( impossible )
- Feared: 1 Savchenko/Massot, 2 Sui/Han, 3 Tarasova/Morosov

If S/M win the gold i’m happy for them anyway, but if i need to make a choice i like more Sui/Han’s programs. Third place seem predictable, it’s a russian medal.

Dance:
- Hoped: 1 Virtue/Moir, 2 Papadakis/Cizeron, 3 Cappellini/Lanotte ( they can't, i know... )
- Feared: 1 Papadakis/Cizeron. 2 Virtue/Moir. 3 Shibutani

Last worlds i have cheered for P/C, but this year i like more V/M’s free skating. I bring bad luck ? :sarcasm:
Third place concern me more, but italians and russian pair can’t do it ( i also love Bobrova/Soloviev’s free skating ), i think it is a place for one of the US pairs.

Team:
- Hoped: 1 Canada, 2 Russia, 3 Italy
- Feared: 1 Russia, 2 Canada, 3 USA

Obviously i cheer for Italy, but this time also for a gold for Canada, mostly because of Virtue/Moir, Patrick Chan and Duhamel/Radford.

With all said, i’m not a fanboy. I hope to see memorable performances, not hoped results with a lot of falls and discussions :drama:

Good luck to all :handw:

temadd

Final Flight
My WISHES, I know I'll need a genie or a fairy godmother with a magic wand for some of them:

Kaori Sakamoto, Bradie Tennell, and Ashley:tantrum:

Nathan Chen, Jin Boyang, Adam Rippon

Papadakis/Cizeron for gold, Chock/Bates, Shibs

anyanka

Record Breaker
This is completely out there, and I hope that everyone skates well and are healthy, and I am NOT slagging any of the competitors, but if you ask me who I want to medal, here goes ... and it requires a confluence and combination of highly unlikely events for this to happen ...

The men's gold and silver medalist out-class the field. Pick from Shoma, Boyang, Javi, Nathan. Two of them splats, let's pretend Yuzu's injury isn't healed and he has to pull out after the team event, then Patrick after winning team gold unfortunately hurts himself and has to pull out of the men's event in the SP a la Plushy in 2014. That leaves the door open for skaters who have a lesser technical arsenal to make it into the higher ranks. One of them doesn't even have a single quad, but the gorgeous skating and clean triples push him to a shock 3rd place.

In that scenario, ladies and gentlemen, I give you: Olympic bronze medalist Misha Ge of Uzbekistan.

Realistically, placing in the top 10 will be a huge accomplishment, but it'll be amazing if he does medal! I could watch him all day, and quite frankly I've seen his clean FS's a lot more on YouTube than I have winning FS's with multiple falls (i.e. Misha, Yuzu).

I'll show myself out now ... :slink:

mrrice

Record Breaker
This is my Wish list......

Men: Patrick.....Hanyu.....Nathan

Ladies: Evgenia.....Kaetlyn......Zagitova

I'll post what I think will really happen once I see some practice videos from Korea.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The men's gold and silver medalist out-class the field. Pick from Shoma, Boyang, Javi, Nathan. Two of them splats, let's pretend Yuzu's injury isn't healed and he has to pull out after the team event, then Patrick after winning team gold unfortunately hurts himself and has to pull out of the men's event in the SP a la Plushy in 2014. That leaves the door open for skaters who have a lesser technical arsenal to make it into the higher ranks. One of them doesn't even have a single quad, but the gorgeous skating and clean triples push him to a shock 3rd place.

In that scenario, ladies and gentlemen, I give you: Olympic bronze medalist Misha Ge of Uzbekistan.

You...want...skaters to be injured and have to withdraw from the biggest event of their lives...?

Skatestraight

Rinkside
The French Gabriella and Guillaum without a doubt. It certainly will not be the Spanish National Champions as due to a cheating issue by a JUDGE OR JUDGES in the ZAGREB GOLDEN SKATE 2017, that apparently has not been addressed as one of the alleged cheating judges has conveniently resigned. Because of the resignation neither the ISU nor Spain are following up the allegations. Concequently the Spanish Champions will not go because over the two deciding competitions to decide this place, bearing in mind the scoring at Zagreb was highly controversial to certain couples, the difference was .95 so the number two pair will represent Spain be in the Olympics. Bizarre or what?

GGFan

Record Breaker
These are tough choices and some of mine are highly wishful:

Women:

Carolina, Satoko, Kaetlyn in any order (I know ice is not THAT slippery)

Pairs:

1. Sui/Han, 2. Savchenko/Massot, 3. James/Cipres (this is the strongest I feel about someone getting gold)

Ice Dance:

1. Virtue/Moir, 2. Papadakis/Cizeron, (I'll be fine if 1 and 2 are reversed) 3. Hubbell/Donohue or the Shibs (prefer the latter's short and the former's free)

Men: (this is too difficult and they should just give out 6 medals!!) :biggrin:

Nathan, Yuzu, Javi, Patrick, Shoma, Boyang (If you put a gun to my head I'd pick the first three over the latter three, but it would still be a tough choice!)

At the Olympics and on the podium in my heart: Laurence and Nikolaj :love:

ETA: I just noticed that my wish list has Americans getting one lone bronze. So to save some patriotic face my team medal preference is 1. USA :biggrin: 2. Canada, 3. Russia :slink:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
My WISHES, I know I'll need a genie or a fairy godmother with a magic wand for some of them:
The most unlikely scenario i can dream of is a last minute call for Jason Brown and then see him on the podium... :bed:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Wishes only.

Ladies:
1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Satoko Miyahara
3. Kaori Sakamoto/Carolina Kostner

Zhenya is not my favorite skater on this list as I tend to prefer the Japanese ladies a bit more, but she's the one who I think deserves to see her 2 year long efforts as the top lady rewarded so I'm hoping for a gold for her. For bronze Carolina is far more likely than Kaori but, well, it's a wishlist anyway. If Wakaba had been here, she'd be my number 1 wish for gold. :(

Men:
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Javier Fernandez/Shoma Uno
3. Javier Fernandez/Shoma Uno

Men is the hardest, because my only certain wish is who stands at the top, but the rest of the podium is more fluid since I quite like all the men. For sentimental reasons, though, these are my choices since GPF 2015 was the first competition I remember seeing videos of after becoming more interested in figure skating and that podium stuck in my mind. Plus it's not a true podium to me if Yuzuru and Shoma don't get 'married' and I want Javi to retire with his Olympic medal. Nathan, Patrick and Mikhail could then also get a medal, in the team event. In this scenario, Boyang would be the only one left without a medal so I guess he'll just have to win in Beijing 2022 (and repeat his Worlds bronze later this April).

Pairs:
1. Sui/Han
2. Savchenko/Massot
3. James/Cipres

I'd be fine with the first two reversing but my true wish would be Vanessa and Morgan standing on that podium too.

Dance:
1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Virtue/Moir
3. Hubbell/Donohue

Same as above in terms of 1/2 but slight preference for Papadakis/Cizeron. Hubbell/Donohue's free dance, though, has really impressed me this season and caught my attention so they'd be my bronze choice.

nekun

On the Ice
I pray for them to medal

Men:
1.Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Boyang Jin

Ladies:
1.Evgenia Medvedeva
2.Gabrielle Daleman
3.Mirai Nagasu

Ice dance:
1.Virtu/Moir
2.P/C
3.Shib/Shib

Pair:
1.Sui/Han
2.J/C
3.S/M

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Ladies:
Mirai Nagasu (She's a fighter. She could have retired)
Satoko Miyahara (Yeah tiny jumps but so underscored in PCS)
Gabrielle Daleman (With a 4T please. Far more interesting than Osmond)
Likely it won't be the podium but i would be very glad if it's not the biggests three illustrations (Medvedeva, Zagitova, Kostner) of the actual disgusting and scandalous judging bias who make the podium.

Men
Yuzuru Hanyu ('cause he's clearly the best)
Nathan Chen (He really brings the challenge)
Boyang Jin (perpetual underdog who knows when to shine)

Pairs
S/M (So Aliona will retire in peace)
Sui/Han (They will win at home)
D/R (For a good career ending)

Dance
V/M (That would be glorious)
Shibs (Would ne awesome)
P/C (Well, i really don't like their programs this year)

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I would like Mirai Nagasu to win a medal, in team and/or individual. I would like the German pair to win gold. Chen to win an individual medal.

corynna

On the Ice
Men:
1-2. Yuzuru or Javi (Love them both, can't decide)
3. Shoma

Ladies:
1. Medvedeva (she really deserves it, for dominating the past seasons)
2. Zagitova
3. Osmond or Kostner

Pairs:
1. S/M (Aliona's dream will finally come true)
2. S/H
3. J/C (though probably it will be T/M or D/R)

Dance:
1. P/C
2. V/M
3. H/D, C/B or B/S (it will probably be the Shibs, but I am not a big fan)

anyanka

Record Breaker
You...want...skaters to be injured and have to withdraw from the biggest event of their lives...?

You forgot my original disclaimer:

"This is completely out there, and I hope that everyone skates well and are healthy, and I am NOT slagging any of the competitors, but if you ask me who I want to medal, here goes ... and it requires a confluence and combination of highly unlikely events for this to happen ..."

But yes, I can see how one can misread malicious intent into my comment. I could have worded it better.

Misha is unlikely to medal. The original question remains "who do you want to medal?" and I gave an answer. My post was not some sort of voodoo curse or a vendetta against any of them personally.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Hey everyone, I am kinda new here... i’ve been reading stuff in the forum for a while already and finally I took a step further to register and write... so welcome everyone ;)

So now here we go...
my wildest dreams:

Men:
1: Yuzu
2: Javi
3. Deniss Vasiljevs (ok... maybe in another world... so my second choice for the Bronze is Shoma)

Women:
1. Carolina (ok dreaming myself very far away again)
2. Kaori
3. Evgenia

Reality, what i think is most likely to happen:

Men:
1. Yuzu
2. Nathan
3. Boyang/Shoma

Women:
1. Alina
2. Evgenia
3. Carolina or anyone from the Ladies from Canada/Japan/Usa

I don’t know too much abour Pairs/Dance , i would only wish and pray for Aljona to finally fulfill her Olympic Dream :)