Hanyu leads Men in Pyeongchang | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hanyu leads Men in Pyeongchang

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The question is now does he have the stamina to do a LP like he did the SP? One thing is for sure he has the mental toughness of an Olympic champion to be off the ice for over two months and not compete for three months and come out and skate like that.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
The question is now does he have the stamina to do a LP like he did the SP? One thing is for sure he has the mental toughness of an Olympic champion to be off the ice for over two months and not compete for three months and come out and skate like that.
I'm not worried about his stamina. Orser said he trained off ice and his stamina was getting back to normal, perhaps better than before.
From the SP I believe it is better than before. He looked so calm and cool the whole time, he looked rested and in control. If he can keep this mindset for the FS I think he'll get that Gold easily.
Btw, remember when Yuzuru used to look like he was going to die after finishing his programs? [emoji23] Poor Yuzu!
He has come so far! [emoji173]️

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The top five all had great performances. I especially enjoyed Javi and Dima.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yuzu was simply brilliant. This is coming back from an injury? Wow, just WOW. :clap: The Ballade in G Minor is one of my all-time favorites so I don't say this lightly: Yuzu's gorgeous skating did full justice to the wonderful choreography and to Chopin. Can't wait to see his FS and wishing him the very best! :cheer:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not worried about his stamina. Orser said he trained off ice and his stamina was getting back to normal, perhaps better than before.
From the SP I believe it is better than before. He looked so calm and cool the whole time, he looked rested and in control. If he can keep this mindset for the FS I think he'll get that Gold easily.
Btw, remember when Yuzuru used to look like he was going to die after finishing his programs? [emoji23] Poor Yuzu!

One thing is for sure he's not the kid who used to look like he was going to die after every LP he skated 4-5 years ago. He sure built up his stamina and core strength and has much better posture now too.

LandShark

Rinkside
Hanyu last night - that was art on ice , it was oil on canvas , it was the artist's return from a brief exile strengthened and refreshed.

Got to be one of my favourite SP's ever. The musical choice sublime , and the choreography and packaging is masterful. Stillness , reflection , silence , passion , swirling like a dustcloud.

The elements skated as well as ever , the transitions in and out of the axel made to look ridiculously easy , the choreography to musical nuances in the spins is genius.

It's a joy to watch.It always has been and it grows ever more so. Just enjoy the moment.

purpledream

On the Ice

agreed, instead of breathless +++, he is fairly calm in terms of breathing after skating
and in K&C it doesnt look like he's going to pass out too

may his 111 power drive him forward!!!! :hap10:

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
just watched his short program and he was just brilliant. I hate that piece of music, but he brought that boring piece of music to life...he's just amazing, the best male skater ever. Bows down, period.