Skater to meet | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skater to meet

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
She doesn't live anymore, but for me would have been Sonja Henie. She pushed the figure skating in a direction which influenced till now and she made films during the Golden Age of Hollywood. Must have been very interesting to meet her!

freeman21

On the Ice
Meet? Medvedeva.

Have a fun lunch with? Any of the top juniors. Most of the kids are fun or funny, especially at the table :biggrin:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On second thoughts ... Tamara Moskvina. She's so knowledgeable and has great anecdotes.

Also, I noticed in her TSL interview, she turns every possible negative into a positive. Including questions, she'll turn them around to the person who asked her a question, and convert it to a positive.

sillylionlove29

Rinkside
I'm split between Mishin and Eteri.

I actually met Mishin and he was really nice. Even drew me a cool picture when I asked for an autograph! Not at all what I expected. Yuna and Brian Orser were really nice too. Looking at my albums I canā€™t believe how many skaters I did meet. (Thanks to my ridiculous stalking skills at skate America 2005, 2007 and 2009.)

But one that I never met...Michelle Kwan!!!

noskates

Record Breaker
I would like to have lunch with Kurt Browning and Jason Brown. The energy would be infectious and I imagine the conversation would be hysterically entertaining,

enzet

On the Ice
Mao.

And Jean Francois Ballester...I'd love to talk to him. Still can't believe he's gone.:no::cry:

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Javi :love: We'd talk about cats because that's the most important thing in the world, I'd embarrass myself by trying to speak Spanish and would stare at his eyelashes forever. I'm sure it would be fun.

dobrevaria

Rinkside
Yuzuru Hanyu or Evgenia Medvedeva for me ! :) I would also like to meet Shcherbakova, Eteri, Arutunian, Yuna Kim...so many people!

Weathergal

Medalist
Dick Button ;)

If Dick can't make it, Jason Brown, because he seems to have a lot of patience with fans.

I second the call for Dick Button. Oh the stories Uncle Dick could probably tell:agree:

Although if Toller were still here :)

Dick Button is the first person that popped into my mind. But I didn't mention it because I know I'd want to talk with him for way more than an hour! :biggrin:

Casual

On the Ice
Dick Button is the first person that popped into my mind. But I didn't mention it because I know I'd want to talk with him for way more than an hour! :biggrin:

LOL! I posted first, then started reading. GMTA.

Dick Button for sure. Because he KNOWS.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If I am totally honest, I have already spent an hour in a restaurant with the skater that instantly popped into my head when I saw this thread:

Giorgia Isabella Sechi

<<< If you want to see us together, just look at my avatar! :)

She is just the loveliest person you could ever meet! A real pleasure to spend time with. To the extent that you don't even notice that time is passing.

But, I'm not sure if this counts, because we didn't have a meal. For the simple reason that the restaurant was closed at the time (the restaurant in question is her family's business, so it was a handy place to arrange to meet).

So, if we return to the hypothetical, there are loads of skaters that I would like to spend an hour with. But, if we are talking going to restaurants, there is no question as to who my answer would be:

Liza Tuktamysheva :love:

As if I could choose anybody else to go on a date with!

CaroLiza_fan

EyesOfLove

On the Ice
Yuna Kim. Not least because she has been so chary of publicly revealing herself (e.g. letting slip her private sentiments).

lady_bee

Medalist
Of all the skaters, who would you like to meet and have lunch with for one hour? Please select one. šŸ˜€

Midori Ito!
At first, Robin Cousins came in mind, but I changed, because I would be terribly nervous/excited in front of him and could be totally stupid. One houris too long:noshake:

I love Midori as much as I love Robin, and I could be nervous, but she is like my younger sister with sunny personality, so, I think one hour is too short:biggrin:.

Nimyue

On the Ice
Probably Michelle Kwan as she's actually my age! I was thinking of current skaters, but they're just kids so it'd be kinda weird. Maybe Jason Brown...

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Brian Orser - during one of his classes at TCC, so I also meet all his students and Tracy ;)