Happy moments on Figure Skating | Golden Skate

Happy moments on Figure Skating

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Because why not? :agree::agree::agree::agree:

Any moment from figure skating that mades you happy, or programs that you watch to pick you up after a hard day of work.

Go first:
The moments in kiss and cry on Team Event are very sweet.
Romeo & Juliet 1.0 from Yuzuru Hanyu
Indian Folk Dance from Meryl Davis and Charlie White
Last group of men event in Pyeongchang (Shoma, Yuzuru, Javier, the definition, the embrace, the plushy ceremony...)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
So many of them...usually I cry when a skate emotionally touches me , and they're tears of happiness for sure. Like Aljona and Bruno during their Free Skate at the Olympics, and afterwards also with all those tears of joy. But Carolina's Bolero in Sochi, that's a skate that just made those tears well up once again. Strangely, Yuzu's Prince short programme also made me feel happy, even if it wasn't the best SP he ever did. And, always, Natalya and Artur at the OG in 1994...now that was a powerful Rachmaninov if ever there was one. Made me really happy (and tearful). And yes, that lovely Indian Folk Dance by Meryl and Charlie also never fails to cheer me up.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Plushy in the Team Event at Sochi!

It was amazing he could even skate, but then he went out and threw down those epic quad toes in both programs and it was awesome. :biggrin:

kresslia

Medalist
When V/M won their second individual Olympic gold.

I've loved them so much since 2010, when they won their first gold and got me into figure skating. They were my figure skating "first!". I didn't really think this time 'round was all that possible, with the scores P/C were getting leading up to the games. I resigned myself to another silver, as I did 4 years prior. That was the happiest I've ever been about being wrong. Screamed and jumped around my house when everyone was sleeping!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Nobunari Oda crying his eyes out after Yuzu's short program at the Olympics - he was also ecstatic after the free but for the short it seemed more personal, less about winning and just sheer joy that Yuzu was okay, was healed, was back... it's beautiful.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The Olympics, after the free skate. Yes, Evgenia looked so crushed, but she also seemed to be happy for Alina and pleased with her clean skate as well. And Alina and Kaetlyn were just overjoyed - it was adorable.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
The camaraderie and admiration between skaters as a whole.

Vadim Voronov, the adorable little flower boy from the Rostelecom Cup who's a huge fan of Yuzuru Hanyu, and all the other junior and novice skaters who have been inspired by Yuzu and done tribute programs, especially the Russian ones.

Also, this girl's reaction to Vadim hugging Yuzuru.

Evgeny Plushenko inspired Yuzuru so much, and now he is inspiring so many young skaters in return, many of them Russian. It's like a big cycle of love and respect.

I'm sure there are more examples of this, too, I just only know of this one so far.

Also, Vadim is a very talented skater already, and Yuzu's influence should be pretty obvious to anyone familiar enough with his skating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ24HCmZlWw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek88GByAO-8

alpaca

On the Ice
One of my favorite recent moments is definitely Aljona & Bruno's reactions to realizing they had won Olympic gold. After a mistake in the SP and a 6 point deficit, the gold definitely seemed like an uphill battle in quite a deep pairs field, but they pulled off one of the most beautiful FS imo, ever. Aljona's reaction is priceless and really is an Olympic moment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3VolkKn51A

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
These are the ones I go back to when I'm feeling down.

Rudy Galindo winning the 96 National Championship, with Uncle Dick calling!
Ryan Bradley winning the 2011 National Championship.
Sarah Hughes' OGM skate (I know a lot of yall don't like her. I do). The skate and the hanging out backstage and ..a cameraman? Security guard? Someone is like "You won" "What?" "You won" and this almost visible wave of joy knocks both of them over. I live for stuff like that.
My Gracie's short in Boston. I came back to the hotel room and watched it over and over. My sister was like "are you watching that AGAIN?" "Yes, it's THAT good." I don't speak of the long.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
One of my favorite recent moments is definitely Aljona & Bruno's reactions to realizing they had won Olympic gold. After a mistake in the SP and a 6 point deficit, the gold definitely seemed like an uphill battle in quite a deep pairs field, but they pulled off one of the most beautiful FS imo, ever. Aljona's reaction is priceless and really is an Olympic moment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3VolkKn51A

Yes! All the feels, right there. So many of them at the Olympics last year. Also, Meagan Duhamel’s loving hugs and sincere congratulations to Aljona and Bruno, then when Aljona’s husband and Bruno’s fiancée arrived rinkside and both couples leapt into each other’s arms.

The ending of Meagan and Eric’s free program and their elated reactions on ice also teared me right up with joy.

Tessa and Scott - already mentioned above, but I’ll reiterate that there were so many great moments from their second OGM win: their reaction on ice after the program was done, the flower collectors going wild along with the crowd during their final spin; Marie-France skating the program along with them on foot, bobbing up and down while watching, in direct contrast to Patch standing as still as a stone; Scott practically ripping the exit boards off its hinges when getting off the ice; and finally, Scott’s open mouthed stare as their scores were being announced, you could literally see the wheels turning in his head, trying to add up the points, then slamming his hands on the boards and jumping up while grabbing Tessa into the air when their first place win was officially announced.

Ahhhh. Such wonderfully happy memories all around. :love: