Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron) | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
yup! it now does

thanks
did IOC blocked the videos this time? :disapp:

Not sure. I was about 2 seconds away from flying into a rage, but evidently Judge Wapamatron's account suddenly needed 'verification' due to 'suspicious activity', so a dummy phone number was given to obtain the requested Google 'verification', which suddenly made all the videos available again. But for how long?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Not sure. I was about 2 seconds away from flying into a rage, but evidently Judge Wapamatron's account suddenly needed 'verification' due to 'suspicious activity', so a dummy phone number was given to obtain the requested Google 'verification', which suddenly made all the videos available again. But for how long?

fingers crossed.

JMJ2015

Rinkside
This questions is going back a couple of years now but I've been trying to find an answer for that time and never did. How did the Davis/White pull through and then fly up onto his back lift work? I know Charlie said it hurt when not done perfectly. Who was bearing the brunt of that?

Also, I've seen various ice dancers do this and the Shibutaines do it entering the lift at the end of their SD this year: the female comes up slightly behind the male and is kind of scooped up onto his shoulders. How does that move work?

I've tried to figure this out but it is completely beyond me and my cats are reluctant to let me try my theories on them :).

Thanks!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone give me a specific event that I should get footage from or offer an HD link please.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is the completed Davis and White project. Hope it is what you guys had in mind. Sorry if the remix is a little too weird....I started off and just kept pushing forward without a plan :slink:

Davis and White Liftamatron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRU12r2osSA
Available up to 720p HD

Davis and White Remix
https://youtu.be/FrwoPED38qc
Available up to 720p HD

ETA: I'm experiencing some weird fast motion at times on my phone? Anyone else seeing that? I may need to re-upload it. :curse: I'll check it out in the morning when I'm actually awake :bed:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That works great!

The key here, as it so often is with Davis and White, is perfect timing. Charlie turns after the pull through and Meryl jumps (not really visible without slo mo!)

Thank you!

humbaba

Final Flight
Thanks for the D/W liftamatron, Sam. I now appreciate even more how incredibly difficult that lift was. It's amazing that Meryl manages to jump from the position she is in.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It looks to be a real strain on him too. I noticed he is doing his best to hold onto a spread eagle while he holds her up. I'd say her strong core and his upper body strength are pushed to the limit.

I'm really impressed by their spins and also their ability to slow a program down for short bursts. It's like they are painting a mental picture for all to remember for a brief second.

JMJ2015

Rinkside
Wow, thank you! I am so glad to finally understand. I read an interview where Charlie said that it was painful if it wasn't perfect. I bet that was quite true; I can't imagine that felt good when it went perfectly. I also bet Meryl took some really painful falls learning to do that leap. I need to watch this more to continue being amazed.

The video is great. There is so much in it and yet that's not even all the elements of that program. It definitely shows how great they were/are at the sport. I knew but this is a new way to view it an I'm amazed all over again.

Thanks again. That's a neat skill you have.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It looks to be a real strain on him too. I noticed he is doing his best to hold onto a spread eagle while he holds her up. I'd say her strong core and his upper body strength are pushed to the limit.

I'm really impressed by their spins and also their ability to slow a program down for short bursts. It's like they are painting a mental picture for all to remember for a brief second.

What a lovely insight into their dance! I also was glad you included the entry to their spin and twizzles. Everything goes by so quickly in the real time performance that I lose the detail, and don't appreciate it properly! The way you do slo mo is an awesome gift to the rest of us!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Can someone upload a slow motion of Satoko's alleged UR or pre rotations, especially the jumps caught by the judges and those not? If she indeed has many pre-rotations, and judges are ignoring that, it does not sound fair. It is the technical aspect of skating and clearly rotated jumps should be objectively distinguished from those are not.

SuzushinaYuriko

Rinkside
Can someone upload a slow motion of Satoko's alleged UR or pre rotations, especially the jumps caught by the judges and those not? If she indeed has many pre-rotations, and judges are ignoring that, it does not sound fair. It is the technical aspect of skating and clearly rotated jumps should be objectively distinguished from those are not.

I think this was posted in the Short Program thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBY837tqaoA

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Thanks. I can clearly see the under rotation or "after" rotation. But for pre-rotation, I cannot tell from the video if she does or she does not. And mine, she rotates lightening fast and even with the slow mo, she looks so fast, and white boots on white ice does not help with my judgement.

I think this was posted in the Short Program thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBY837tqaoA

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks. I can clearly see the under rotation or "after" rotation. But for pre-rotation, I cannot tell from the video if she does or she does not. And mine, she rotates lightening fast and even with the slow mo, she looks so fast, and white boots on white ice does not help with my judgement.

The video is pretty poor quality because I downloaded it before I found a good quality version and on top of that the dang camera angles were bad and super shaky. I kind of want to do one that shows Mao's UR's that get called and Satoko's that don't. I'm just crazy busy this weekend so I'm not sure when I can find time.

Last edited: