Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron) | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
is this about her scratchy second lutz?
It wasn't as UR-worthy as some people said/riled up about it here. Mad respect for her on landing it in a controlled manner since this type of situation will usually cause the skater to put a hand or foot down for balance.

thanks for the video though :)
I agree:thumbsup:
There is something to be said for holding onto a jump.

Great video....Yuna's jumps are so easy to watch. Even the scratchy ones:yes:

hurrah

Medalist
I have to laugh that FINALLY someone is questioning under-rotations of skaters besides Mao. Now, please, please do Mao's under-rotation calls at Sochi, please!

Also, I think there were other jumps of Yuna's besides the 3-lutz that were suspicious. (Hint, hint...)

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wow... The replays available for Yuna'a are much better. :drama:

I totally hung you out to dry on this....instead I made a DREAMix of Zijun Li's 2013 WC that is currently rendering :slink:

The Yuna replays are from a Chinese broadcast. NBC didn't show any replays, they stayed locked on Yuna in the K&C (and Adelina backstage).

Nah, you didn't hang me out to dry... you hung out Judge Wapamatron.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I have to laugh that FINALLY someone is questioning under-rotations of skaters besides Mao. Now, please, please do Mao's under-rotation calls at Sochi, please!

Also, I think there were other jumps of Yuna's besides the 3-lutz that were suspicious. (Hint, hint...)

You will need to give Judge Wapamatron suggestions, and he/she does not get too involved in conspiracy theories to understand the accusations out there.

Although, I have heard that Judge Wapamatron will be featuring Mao next.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The People's Court music and coloring edits for these videos are brilliant, ahaha.

No honey, those were clean clean clean. If we are so paranoid as to question those, the sport is in a very bad place.

As for the questionable 3Lutz, this is why we need exact rules that define the rotation of jumps. If you are looking only at her landing it would appear to be short, but the fact is that she pre-rotates much less on the takeoff (it's textbook) and starts the rotation in the air much sooner. That's harder than turning all the way to forward on the takeoff and needs to be accounted for. It wasn't a perfectly rotated jump but in terms of what's allowable it was okay.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
If we get some decent video, I wouldn't mind seeing Max's 4S-1Lo-3S from the Freezer Challenge jump-a-ma-tron'd, but I doubt we'll get any decent video, so...

I really appreciate the Wapamatron work though... especially the hilarious music which is the perfect anesthesia to such exasperating matters. It should be mandatory viewing at every ISU judging conference, follows by dozens of palm forehead smacks at each viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayW

Final Flight
I agree:thumbsup:
There is something to be said for holding onto a jump.

Great video....Yuna's jumps are so easy to watch. Even the scratchy ones:yes:

I feel the same. Yuna's video angle is clear, and the frame rate is quite crisp.

Are there any other footages on Adelina's? The camera angle on the Lutz wasn't a great one, plus the frame rate seems low.

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I feel the same. Yuna's video angle is clear, and the frame rate is quite crisp.

Are there any other footages on Adelina's? The camera angle on the Lutz wasn't a great one, plus the frame rate seems low.

I'm just gonna leave this here

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

Took almost 10 re-edits and re-uploads to YouTube to finally get this video by the IOC's worldwide block...

As a result, the intended/ideal footage was unable to be called into evidence. Judge Wapamatron considers this an obstruction of justice.

Via honorable Judge Wapamatron's YT channel:

Mao Asada - Sochi UR calls (Case #3)

https://youtu.be/sXuwRvuOWrQ

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Took almost 10 re-edits and re-uploads to YouTube to finally get this video by the IOC's worldwide block...

As a result, the intended/ideal footage was unable to be called into evidence. Judge Wapamatron considers this an obstruction of justice.

:bow: And I strained my eyes to see the landings of the jumps. They were mostly borderline to me....but then, aren't judges supposed to give that the benefit of the doubt?
Bless you for posting this. So interesting!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

love the captions btw :laugh:

anyway, about the video.....

oh gosh....oh no, I think Mao deserved those calls :hijacked:

I really don't want to say that but I diiiid. However, they will always be fully rotated in my dreams.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
oh gosh....oh no, I think Mao deserved those calls :hijacked:

I really don't want to say that but I diiiid. However, they will always be fully rotated in my dreams.

That's exactly how I feel :slink:

BTW, here's some pristine quality footage of the top scoring Sochi FS performances https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fA9o2sBis
It was uploaded by the Taiwanese TV network that had broadcast rights in Taiwan... I'm not sure how they've gotten away with the upload until now :confused2:

Last edited:

hurrah

Medalist
Well, I would say Mao's triple toe is as rotated as Adelina's and Yuna's toe loop and lutz, and her 3-loop was even more rotated than their's. It was positively rotated.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Well, I would say Mao's triple toe is as rotated as Adelina's and Yuna's toe loop and lutz, and her 3-loop was even more rotated than their's. It was positively rotated.

Lol, well, that's probably true.

I still think the 3Lo should have gotten the benefit of the doubt, but the 3T was definitely URed. Anyway, thanks for making these videos, the editing is really awesome :rofl:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I think that Mao's 3A kind of causes those injustices. When the tech controllers doubt the first jump in a program they doubt every other jump as well. And that 3A was < imho. Her PCS were too low, it was the best program of that night!

JayW

Final Flight
I think that Mao's 3A kind of causes those injustices. When the tech controllers doubt the first jump in a program they doubt every other jump as well. And that 3A was < imho. Her PCS were too low, it was the best program of that night!

Agree with the PCS, it is too low. Mao's program is best composed of the night, it deserves the highest PCS!

The 3T looks suspicious to me. I can't tell the 3loop though.

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
I'm not sure what to say for Yuna's lutz (the solo one), but the flip and the toe loop were nicely and fully rotated.

Meanwhile, Adelina's 3Lz-3T was pretty flawed. I'd give it a ! at least. But then I heard that !s counted as normal edge calls at that time so I guess I'd give an e. The toe loop was URed.

I think Mao's loop deserves to not be called URed. But it can really go any way. If I was the caller I would say that it's fine. As for the toe loop I really don't know what to say :slink:
I'm starting to get a bad feeling for her toe loop :hopelessness:

Last edited: