Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron) | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
What amazes me is, that it took this thread 24 pages to finally come to the most scrutinized combo in the history of FS. Reminds me of Godwin's law.
I liked the music!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
What amazes me is, that it took this thread 24 pages to finally come to the most scrutinized combo in the history of FS. Reminds me of Godwin's law.
I liked the music!

Oh god- Sochi's law? :slink:

Anyway, I appreciate that this thread is still active & that great videos are still being posted :cheer2:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The Lutz was ! for sure, but there was no ! back then. So, given that benefit of the doubt goes with the skater, that's fine. And the 3T was borderline; you could have given it either way.

The rules at the time were that any "!' jump receives an 'e' and the judges were supposed to decide on their own exactly how much penalty to give. It should have received the edge call.

The 3T was not borderline, it is CLEARLY and without any doubt whatsoever underrotated. Look at where the toepick leaves the ice at 0:43 in the video - the skate is facing about 80 degrees to the left of the camera. Now look at where she lands - about 45 degrees to the left. She did about 2.1 rotations in the air on that jump.

A slow-motion high-def shot would be most ideal but unfortunately this video doesn't have one...although there is a Youtube add-on you can get that allows videos to be taken down to 1/4 speed or sped-up.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Also, this is a perfect example of why underrotated jumps should be able to get +GOE. Despite it being underrotated, it was still high and very smooth.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A slow-motion high-def shot would be most ideal but unfortunately this video doesn't have one...although there is a Youtube add-on you can get that allows videos to be taken down to 1/4 speed or sped-up.

It is available in up to 720p 60fps HD if you adjust the setting but I didn't do 1080p. If anyone has a higher resolution I'll certainly redo it but I'm keeping the same music.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
It is available in up to 720p 60fps HD if you adjust the setting but I didn't do 1080p. If anyone has a higher resolution I'll certainly redo it but I'm keeping the same music.

Removed already.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Ugh! Nevermind.

How'd you manage to get past the Olympic blocks Sam? :confused:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
It actually was unlisted, and no accurate descriptions on the video. But it was blocked worldwide immediately by IOC. Wonder if only certain visual content is tagging, for whatever reason.

That sucks, I spent like 2 hours putting that together. Maybe I can change part of it and get by the YT filters...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
This is so odd... I can re-upload your original Top Secret video just fine (only matches to the People's Court content), but my own edits are blocked worldwide even after altering video with crazy effects, replacing some clips with others, etc... I wonder if the length of the video has anything to do with it? Still, I am curious how some stuff can get through and other stuff is flagged. I guess I will keep testing a bit more until I start pulling my hair out.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I liked the music!

If we get some decent video, I wouldn't mind seeing Max's 4S-1Lo-3S from the Freezer Challenge jump-a-ma-tron'd, but I doubt we'll get any decent video, so...

Last edited by a moderator:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I used the bottom link if that might shed any light on the subject.

Yeah, I was using different footage, live NBCSN video. Unfortunately, I edited my entire video using this source, so I can't exactly re-do the project without starting over from 'scratch' with a different source video...

Seems there was something in my first minute that the IOC didn't like, so after several failed attempts to re-edit and re-upload successfully, I had to grab your video's intro as a lead-in to my 'alternate version'.

I put in the typewriter sound effects and on-screen descriptions, plus most of my jump edits (slow mo, reverse, SBS) seemed to have been saved now. So I hope you don't mind me 'borrowing' a bit of your footage to get this thing to work (and the entire thing is 90% your idea anyway)...

Uploaded to honorable Judge Wapamatron's YT channel:

Adelina Sotnikova 3z-3t (Case #1)

https://youtu.be/4foLnbhV2UQ

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I never go to the other forums but I can't imagine they have as much fun as we do:laugh:

The video is great btw.

I'm off to search for a Yuna clip of her lutz that was in question and see if we can completely ruin this thread. :drama:

Hey Freezer Challenge folks.... Someone post or pm me some clips so we can start editing those jumps. We're still a full go over here at GS;)

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I never go to the other forums but I can't imagine they have as much fun as we do:laugh:

The video is great btw.

I'm off to search for a Yuna clip of her lutz that was in question and see if we can completely ruin this thread. :drama:

Thanks! And obviously, learn from my frustration when it comes to editing Olympic videos... may want to periodically upload bits of it to YouTube during editing so you don't spend hours on finalizing something, just to have the IOC block it worldwide, without giving you any indication of what specific piece of footage is doing it. I even replaced most of your video with the original NBC YouTube video in my edit, and YouTube STILL flagged the freakin thing!

I may try a Yuna video, now that Judge Wapamatron can take the heat of the IOC, or anyone else for that matter. ;)

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
is this about her scratchy second lutz?
It wasn't as UR-worthy as some people said/riled up about it here. Mad respect for her on landing it in a controlled manner since this type of situation will usually cause the skater to put a hand or foot down for balance.

thanks for the video though :)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow... The replays available for Yuna'a are much better. :drama:

I totally hung you out to dry on this....instead I made a DREAMix of Zijun Li's 2013 WC that is currently rendering :slink: