2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, I don't know about that program... But as for the dress, presumably she hasn't had the time to get one specifically for this program. After all, she's been in training camps for the last months, hasn't she? Also, as for black - there are worse things than black; remember that green thing she wore in... 2012, I think?

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Russia just doesn't do a good job of developing its ladies skaters. They have only had one female skater who was truly at the top level, competitively--regardless of what one thought of her skating.

I agree with your general point here. However, to be fair, I think we need to include Maria Butyrskaya as a top-level Russian lady, in addition to Slutskaya. Although I was never a huge fan of Butyrskaya, the fact is she is a World champion, won two other World medals, and was, overall, top 5 at Worlds for six straight years. (And this during the Kwan/Lipinski/Hughes/Slute era.) Not to mention several European titles. I think you have to consider that a top-level career.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Well, I don't know about that program... But as for the dress, presumably she hasn't had the time to get one specifically for this program. After all, she's been in training camps for the last months, hasn't she? Also, as for black - there are worse things than black; remember that green thing she wore in... 2012, I think?

The dress can and probably will change but it is not something that is truly representative of the problem.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I honestly believe the russian FED has little or any hopes of high placements for Liza this Olympics. They have a wealth of ladies. They're going to focus their energies on the teams that are most likely to give them medals like V/T, B/L, and B/S maybe Plushy. The list isn't really that long. But if I were Mishin, I would have hidden this programme until at least she got into much better shape and a DIFFERENT DRESS, it looks SAD.

Don't get me started on Adelina's waving flags programme. The only person to have done that well in the past was Ekaterina Gordeeva, and she used ribbons. Adelina doesn't have the maturity or skating skills to pull off these programmes. I hope what comes out of test rentals look better because with the exception of Artur and Plushy the others don't look or sound promising yet. However I want to be proven wrong, maybe its just July. Maybe Liza's skate had me worried for the team. Seriously, why would she more or less put out the same programme for two years straight for the OLYMPICS!! My word would I have loved to be the fly on the wall when Queen Tat saw this, oh well one can only dream :) Hopefully she just had a good laugh.

bramweld

Record Breaker
^^ Then she called up Mishin and it went like this;

Tat: Really, really dear? Come now show us the real programme at rentals, because this most definitely is not it. Is it? Is it really? Also why is Liza so out of shape? Why? Really? (evil laugh)) Waits for Mishin to answer..

Mishin: (Somewhat nervous) Liza, is going through a difficult transition period,..one has to be..

Tat: Hangs up phone !!

bestskate8

On the Ice
It is only august 03, and everybody are writing off Elizaveta :laugh:

As long as her program is more difficult then others, and it looks difficult now, she will have a chance to medal in Sochi, but she will have to skate clean as anybody else. What the point to talk about dress and jumps when Olympics in February.:p
Actually this program suits her personality really well, even LP music sounds much more promising for her.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It is only august 03, and everybody are writing off Elizaveta :laugh:

As long as her program is more difficult then others, and it looks difficult now, she will have a chance to medal in Sochi, but she will have to skate clean as anybody else. What the point to talk about dress and jumps when Olympics in February.:p
Actually this program suits her personality really well, even LP music sounds much more promising for her.

Maybe she does get back all her jumps but how is doing this good for PCS? In her comfort zone her PCS is terrible!! Only at euros 2013 was it ok but her pcs in doing these programs is no good at all! She should be working somewhat on pcs and and since fall 2011 it would be very accurate to say all her Sp's and lp's have been exactly the same!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
to be fair Russia has limited good ladies coaches most of them were men and pairs/dance; Tarasova mostly works with men
most of teh cocahes are still young and new like Tutberidze and Volchkova

it would be sad if Tuk makes the team if she will have a terrible season just because of a samsung sponsorship
I think this sp is worst than Sotnikovas wailing LP burlesque

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*sits on hands*

Don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls...

LRK

Record Breaker
^^ Then she called up Mishin and it went like this;

Tat: Really, really dear? Come now show us the real programme at rentals, because this most definitely is not it. Is it? Is it really? Also why is Liza so out of shape? Why? Really? (evil laugh)) Waits for Mishin to answer..

Mishin: (Somewhat nervous) Liza, is going through a difficult transition period,..one has to be..

Tat: Hangs up phone !!

You have a very lively imagination. I thought I did, but personally, I cannot imagine Mishin nervous.

Krislite

Medalist
I just realized this was Osmonds SP music right ? :mad:

Seems like it. It never occurred to me they were the same given Liza's choreography and skating... She needs Osmond's speed, frenetic energy and charisma to pull this off, but it's not working. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt here and say it's too early.

bramweld

Record Breaker
^^ I can't begin to imagine what beautiful programs they have for their other students. I sincerely hope P/B have excellent programs because Krylova and Carmelengo, look to be on fire this year, as always :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for posting the A/E FD. When I heard "Bollywood" I thought "Poor Man's D/W." That was wrong; it's not how I felt watching it.

I'll leave it to the more learned to address the technical aspects... but I will say I loved the edging in the circ steps.

The feel of the program was fresh and new. Something different. I liked it. A lot.

They are quite a good-looking couple, aren't they? I suppose they don't make ugly ice dancers.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Okay, how much farther do you guys want to go on discussing like this in 'Programs for 2013-14 season' thread? :disapp: And if you guys remember what you did and/or how you thought about your lives during your teenager days, don't write off anybody just yet, especially those who are merely 16, 17 yo young and promising athletes, please! :sarcasm:

Apology in advance cause it's slightly off topic. But I have a question. What is DOA?

This is DOA. It's not even funny. Her season is DOA.

deedee1

Record Breaker
DOA = Dead on Arrival.

oh...:slink: poor Liza... But thanks for answering so quickly, Moment!

GS Forum is so resourceful with such depth both on figure skating and on English words/usage/idioms to me, normally, but I would rather not want to learn this particular idiom. 'Ignore' button clicked in my personal dictionary.

giulia95

Medalist
oh...:slink: poor Liza... But thanks for answering so quickly, Moment!

GS Forum is so resourceful with such depth both on figure skating and on English words/usage/idioms to me, normally, but I would rather not want to learn this particular idiom. 'Ignore' button clicked in my personal dictionary.

:thumbsup: