2014 Finlandia Trophy | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Finlandia Trophy

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Love the Finnish commentator, she can predict when a jump's going to fail and has so good insight, much better than any other commentator I've heard.

Tuktamysheva is looking super strong this season and I really like that as personally, as a person, I pretty much want her to succeed the most out of all the current Russian skaters, she's just always such a joy to watch and has her own distinct style which I find extremely enjoyable and fun to watch. Comparison to Sotnikova, for example, who's mostly "Wow she's good" but lacks the spark... It's hard to explain.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
That is a good program for Adam, I mean music & costume and the choreography. Hopefully this is just first competition jitters and he will shake them off in time for the GP events.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
That is a good program for Adam, I mean music & costume and the choreography. Hopefully this is just first competition jitters and he will shake them off in time for the GP events.

Wow to me it looked like he was skating in slow motion. Definitely a step below what he is capable of and far below the top contenders. Yes, hopefully it was early season nerves and uncertainty.

TMC

Record Breaker
His jumps were much better in the warm-up :( He looked...unhappy? Like worried.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Nearly flawless LP from Liza. :love: I'm sure she'd go for the 3-3 when she's in a position where she needs it. Her 'tano axel gets the crowd going every time!

Also, something else that works to her advantage: on virtually every protocol, there's never a ! or e or <. Not that I care about those things much, but the system seems to, and this will give Liza an advantage.

LRK

Record Breaker
Nearly flawless LP from Liza. :love: I'm sure she'd go for the 3-3 when she's in a position where she needs it. Her 'tano axel gets the crowd going every time!

Also, something else that works to her advantage: on virtually every protocol, there's never a ! or e or <. Not that I care about those things much, but the system seems to, and this will give Liza an advantage.

I think the priority now is probably to get her confidence back - to convince herself that she can do it. She's entered in Cup of Nice next week:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?52242-International-Cup-of-Nice-15-19-october

(as is Petrov, by the way.) I'm guessing their strategy is to get her back into competing - and get used to performing her programs. Then, when she feels more secure in herself - they can add the tech.

unico

Final Flight
Love the Finnish commentator, she can predict when a jump's going to fail and has so good insight, much better than any other commentator I've heard.

Tuktamysheva is looking super strong this season and I really like that as personally, as a person, I pretty much want her to succeed the most out of all the current Russian skaters, she's just always such a joy to watch and has her own distinct style which I find extremely enjoyable and fun to watch. Comparison to Sotnikova, for example, who's mostly "Wow she's good" but lacks the spark... It's hard to explain.
Tuktamysheva is my favourite of all the russian girls too :) This kind of driving rhythm for her LP works so well for her, she has the command and the flare to get the audience right into the palm of her hand. She's matured so much from the girl in that chartreuse/neon green disaster but still has that youthful and vibrant charm.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think the priority now is probably to get her confidence back - to convince herself that she can do it. She's entered in Cup of Nice next week:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?52242-International-Cup-of-Nice-15-19-october

(as is Petrov, by the way.) I'm guessing their strategy is to get her back into competing - and get used to performing her programs. Then, when she feels more secure in herself - they can add the tech.
So far, the strategy seems to be working. It does leave me very nervous for her every week though. :) I think she's in a good position as long as she remains healthy.

Icey

Record Breaker
Liza is skating is amazingly well, but what is it with the dressing gown type costumes?

mustafakent

On the Ice
How can Elizaveta get that presentation score ? I mean 7.90 for choreography and 8.05 for interpretation ? Is she really interpreting something ? I just don't understand.She starts with something rhythmic and then sad music comes up and rhythmic again.Sorry, I can see no relevance.And her dresses...

TMC

Record Breaker
Worried before he skated? Or afterwards?

Before and during he appeared hesitant and went for his jumps as though he was meaning to slow down before taking off :(

But after the combo he became visibly more relaxed and less tense. After he was still smiling but obviously not so happy. He didn't give up, so he should be happy :)

In the warmup he did a beautiful, just beautiful Rippon Lutz combo right in front of me :love:

TMC

Record Breaker
How can Elizaveta get that presentation score ? I mean 7.90 for choreography and 8.05 for interpretation ? Is she really interpreting something ? I just don't understand.She starts with something rhythmic and then sad music comes up and rhythmic again.Sorry, I can see no relevance.And her dresses...

I did find the choreo in the first half to be a bit on the empty side, but after the half-way mark there was much more substance. As for interpretation, I thought that score was fair. I like her facial expressions; all determination and then suddenly a cheeky smile as if to say "you like? Want more? Well I'll give you some more!" :laugh: and her attention to detail, especially hand/arm choreo, is just wow.

TMC

Record Breaker

I loved that program.

It's like a mature version of the Juke
:slink:

mustafakent

On the Ice
I did find the choreo in the first half to be a bit on the empty side, but after the half-way mark there was much more substance. As for interpretation, I thought that score was fair. I like her facial expressions; all determination and then suddenly a cheeky smile as if to say "you like? Want more? Well I'll give you some more!" :laugh: and her attention to detail, especially hand/arm choreo, is just wow.

It's not an unusual program for Liza and not unexpected, she always uses musics like this but I can't take it anymore.Actually, 62 is not that high in general.I am wondering her scores in big competions.Also, Liza's arm uses are horrible and I've been thinking about that for years

TMC

Record Breaker
I love our version of the BBC for giving us free on-demand access to all of Sochi til Xmas for example, and for giving free on-demand access to FT for a month.

But WHY do they only include Nelli&Alex, Alexandra&Ivan, and all the Finns? Anastasia&Colin are in 4th, and I was really looking forward to seeing their dance again. For me, performance&execution-wise and interpretation-wise it was the best of the bunch. I guess I'll just have to hope that somebody puts a video up on YT :disapp:

TMC

Record Breaker
It's not an unusual program for Liza and not unexpected, she always uses musics like this but I can't take it anymore.Actually, 62 is not that high in general.I am wondering her scores in big competions.Also, Liza's arm uses are horrible and I've been thinking about that for years

Well, all I can say is that what's horrible for one person is lovely for another ;)