2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I'm still worried about Victoria. I hope she's getting checked for a concussion.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
The Japanese fans seem so welcoming and supportive of all the skaters. Wonderful sportsmanship! Love that.

Congrats to the medalists!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I'm thrilled for Kaitlin and Jean-Luc! They were magical today and show a ton of promise!

When they walked onto that carpet I heard Kaitlyn W. say "get over here!" It was sweet.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Am I correct that W/P's FD score is less than what C/B have gotten at their events?

Indeed. They both had a 171. something at their first events, but C/B got a 174.28 in Russia after the inflation of the entire final flight.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
:laugh2: Yeahhhhhhhh! :cheer2: I can't believe that. :cheer:

OMG Alba a dream has just came true :cheer: I wish I didn't fall asleep watching the competition. I woke up with the voice of laptop falling down and when I take it the first thing I've seen is M/K standing in the 2nd place, not C&B. That means I/Z qualify, right? :cheer:

slider11

Medalist
Kaitlin and Andrew have some work to do but I think the foundation is there. They tend to build so let's hope the best is yet to come. I like the costumes but was is that fuzzy black stuff with rhinestones imbedded on Andrew's shirt? Spider webs? Storm clouds? Oh well, it's ice dancing! I am thrilled for Kaitlin and Jean-Luc but so sad for Penny and Nicholas. 77 seemed a harsh score. He had one weird fall but, sadly, did not recover quickly. Was the other deduction also a fall (it seemed he slipped as he was getting up from the fall and maybe that was considered a second fall?) or was there a lift deduction. What a penalty to not only get pushed off the podium here but also lose out of the GPF! Very sad!

lady_bee

Medalist
Nobu & Akiko are going to perform soon.
Is ISU going to keep streaming?

edit:
The answer is "No":cry:

Last edited:

caitie

Medalist
This was such a weird event. I feel so disoriented. Congrats to the winners, tho.

Looking forward to the W&P vs. C&B showdown in two weeks. (And of course it will be interesting to see how the judges score P&C relative to those teams too...)

What a penalty to not only get pushed off the podium here but also lose out of the GPF! Very sad!

I know, it's so sad. :(

Last edited:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Nobu & Akiko are going to perform soon.
Is ISU going to keep streaming?

edit:
The answer is "No":cry:

I think the gala starts in about an hour, so the camera may have just gone offline temporarily. I hope they stream it (I want to see H/B's gala!)

slider11

Medalist
Just checked the bios of Hawayek and Baker. I see that she is 18 and he just turned 21. Hopefully she's fully grown and maybe he has some time to fill out. I'm a little concerned that their closeness in size could be a problem with lifts. They really caught my eye!

lady_bee

Medalist
I think the gala starts in about an hour, so the camera may have just gone offline temporarily. I hope they stream it (I want to see H/B's gala!)

Thank you for your reply.
Actually, they performed between Free Dance and Gala.
I was wrong and correct. They streamed Nobu and Akiko from distance without sound.
Now, I am looking forward to watch Gala, and curious who are going to perform in the show.