2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm impressed with Mura. Very good skate from him. Jeremy is looking great -- but maybe shave??
At least Hanyu was not given ridiculous scores for a flawed program as some posters were saying must happen in Japan. He has the wherewithal to make it back in the free if he can.
-If he doesn't make it to the final, it is also good because he can have a rest and more time to train slowly. Win-win.
Everyone, do you best tomorrow. :cheer:
Am I the only one who doesn't want Yuzuru to go to GPF? I mean all the injuries on his body... :hopelessness:

foruiz

Final Flight
Wishing a good rest for the men... Battle it well tomorrow boys!!! I am going back to my research presentation. Oyasuminasai everyone!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
So I guess the next 24 hours are going to be nerve-wrecking... :-( Better get some work done, get my mind off things.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think it would be fun for Daisuke Murakami to get a a GP medal! Would match the pattern of 3rd place medalists finished off the podium in their other event event. (SA: Nguyen (4th at Cup of China); SC: Aaron (7th at Rostelecom Cup); COC: Dornbush (7th TEB); Rostelecom Cup Brezina (7th at SC); TEB: Ten (4th AT Skate America). In Daisuke's case he just didn't have another event..

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Sure... delusional right? So a guy that underotates and falls on a quad and botches his combo is 2 level higher than the guy who lands his?
What levels are you talking about?

with all due respect, obviously he isnt at top form, as much as i love jeremy, i would love to see him try 3A as yuzuru does then we cam compare them, dont think none of the men can

Icey

Record Breaker
Sure... delusional right? So a guy that underotates and falls on a quad and botches his combo is 2 level higher than the guy who lands his?
What levels are you talking about?

The poster said at his BEST, Hanyu was two levels above Abbott. I think that is an accurate statement. He obviously wasn't at his best today.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Who was the awful woman commentating on British Eurosport?! She was terrible! I kept yelling "shut up!" at my phone!

(In case you couldn't tell, I found a video of Josh's skate.)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Right now I feel the same. He needs some rest. Isn't Japan Nats like 2 weeks after the GPF, too?
;) now I am kind of relieved that I am not the only one. No GPF for Yuzuru, no need for him to force his battered body too soon. Longer rest for him. Let's hope.

krispy

Rinkside
with all due respect, obviously he isnt at top form, as much as i love jeremy, i would love to see him try 3A as yuzuru does then we cam compare them, dont think none of the men can

having a difficult entrance to a jump doesn't excuse 2 other major mistakes

Icey

Record Breaker
In Japan, is the Olympic champion not given a bye to the world team the following year? Of course, Hanyu probably would still compete even if that were the case.

xabia

On the Ice
I think it would be fun for Daisuke Murakami to get a a GP medal! Would match the pattern of 3rd place medalists finished off the podium in their other event event. (SA: Nguyen (4th at Cup of China); SC: Aaron (7th at Rostelecom Cup); COC: Dornbush (7th TEB); Rostelecom Cup Brezina (7th at SC); TEB: Ten (4th AT Skate America). In Daisuke's case he just didn't have another event..

Yes, I had never seen Murakami skate and I was pleasantly surprised. Also Elladj Balde - I would have had him above Reghini.

Meoima

Match Penalty
In Japan, the Olympic champion is not given a bye to the world team the following year? Of course, Hanyu probably would still compete even if that were the case.
Well, from all the things I've heard from JSF, I wouldn't be surprised that even Yuzuru's health were worse they still want him to compete. :drama:

mjj

Rinkside
In Japan, is the Olympic champion not given a bye to the world team the following year? Of course, Hanyu probably would still compete even if that were the case.

I want Hanyu to withdraw and skate for Canada from now on or retire. Let Japan have Machiba, Mura, Dai, Shoma for representing them and the 50+ ice shows.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
having a difficult entrance to a jump doesn't excuse 2 other major mistakes

i gave the 3A as exapmle because thats the usual quality we get from him when he is healthy, yes he did mistakes on the jupms and suffered consequences, but other elements are still good , and at his best is 101.45 so obviously better than jeremy :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Who was the awful woman commentating on British Eurosport?! She was terrible! I kept yelling "shut up!" at my phone!

(In case you couldn't tell, I found a video of Josh's skate.)

Joanne Conway, 6 time British Ladies Champion

Here's her Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanne_Conway

And yes, she was awful. Talked too much, and was way over-critical (often undeservedly so). She barely had a good word to say about anybody!

As was suggested in the Pairs thread, if Eurosport wants a female commentator, get Sinead Kerr.

CaroLiza_fan

elee63

Final Flight

It doesn't matter how good he is, what matters is how he's doing at the competition. You know, or, Kwan might have an Olympic gold. But she doesn't. Everyone knows what a prodigy your dear Hanyu is, but the fact of the matter is, this wasn't his greatest showing.