2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

BostonFan2016

Rinkside
not the best score though this german skater will be good in the future. very good:biggrin: look for big combinations from the Russians. a new jump layout from Kostner and Yu Na Kim to be the best out there no matter the medal :D:bow:

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Its sad to say , but i actually want the russian girls to bomb i really cant take anymore disgusting judging tonight!!

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Nathalie Weinzierl (GER)....FS = 89.73
Total = 147.36 (into 12th)

AnneC

Rinkside
The people at german broadcaster ARD are real professionals. While the FS is rolling they show first a medal ceremony without german participation, then a report about elder athletes' successes in Sochi. Then they remember there is a figure skating competition planned for today and show Witt's old FS from 1988. Next a report about the Kerrigan/Harding incident and an interview with Witt. And while the Great Mao Asasa performs the comeback of the evening including the last Ladies's Triple Axel for maybe many years, they show a report about a german Ski-Alpine athlete who does not compete today, only to finish it right when the ice resurfacing break begins. Now they need to fill it with nordic ski jumping. Oh those geniuses!!! :bang:

Anyway, Kudos to Mao! What a way to end a career. Well done, and thank you!
Thank you so much for saying that! I thought exactly the same and feel somewhat comforted by the fact that I am at least not alone with that perspective.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm all for Mao's headcount to be enough to give her bronze :biggrin:

I find the head count kind of hilarious. It will be a MASSIVE jump in the standings... possibly the greatest jump ever in the standings in any figure skating competition, let alone the Olympics?

Any other examples?

tempus

Rinkside
For the couple of posters who mentioned that Edmunds resembles the young Kostner, yes indeed. Had a friend who could not abide Kostner--referred to her as 'the CRANE'--:laugh: She now loves Kostner's skating. Edmunds could well grow into those arms, which just now have an unfortunate similarity to an octopus' tentacles...She did well for someone so young, though, and I think her jumping shows considerable promise.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can Mao get a medal???? if julia falls all over the place she can, plsu adelina i suppose.

I respect your opinion but I think it feels better to root for them all! Then no one thinks you're a hoo ha.

purpledream

On the Ice
Okay guys. Here we go. Here we go!

Yuna - Caro - Mao 1 2 3 pleasssssssssssse.

secretly with you on this one... although still an uphill task for Mao :(

on a side note, Polina's amazing! I thought nationals was probably just nationals but dear me, she seems good for big events too! :D

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Totally stirring the drama pot...

Gracie finished 9th at Skate Canada in her senior international debut...Polina will likely finish 9th at her senior international debut AT THE OLYMPICS. ;)