2015-16 Grand Prix Final Free Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Free Dance

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Until I saw Chock/Bates skate in person at Skate America, I didn't understand the love they get from judges and fans. They are just more dynamic in person than they appear on the web. But they will never be my favorite US team.

Lexiglass

On the Ice
W/P are great but I just don't get drawn into their skating at all. Also is there something wonky about kaitlyn's twizzles or is it just me? Upset for the Shibs but I have high hopes for nationals. They can perform that FS even better than that. If Madison can't get her tech under control the U.S. judges may have their hand forced by the Shibs who have been consistently excellent this season.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm dissapointed like a number of you cause I wanted the ShibSibs to medal. But I'm not mad at the judging. I'm not mad at anyone. It's just unfortunate. I'll look at the protocol. As someone who competed in a judged sport myself (Competitive cheerleading), I've seen reasons why my team didn't beat another team etc....and we see what the judges said and comments.

Sackie

Medalist
I again am in shock - 109 for W/P! WOW!
But so afraid things will turn out the same as last year. Big win at the GPF then less then their best at worlds!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
At this point I'm hoping P/C come back at Worlds with another gorgeous flawless program and beat everyone else.

The status quo of ice dance is very disappointing.

haha yeah I can't wait for Gaby and Guillaume to come back!! These top teams are so underwhelming

MIM

Medalist
Yes andrew messed up the last twizzle. But the rest was superb!!!
W/P are really strong this season. I love this program for them. Powerful!
Congratulation for winning GPF!

DannyCurry

On the Ice
Bobrova & Soloviev : First time I watch them this season. I didn't get into the program but he's still cute (not the best haircut he's had though) ^_^

Hubbel & Donohue : good twizzles, and I enjoyed the program, despite the fall.

Shibutani & Shibutani : I love Coldplay. Great songs to skate on, but IMO they call for a better choreography. Still, not awful a program. It has some nice moments in it. And the performance was really really good. So, good for them!

Cappellini & Lanotte : I don't like the program and thought they did not look so sharp today, even though the performance was not awful.

Chock & Bates : WTH is that version of Rachmaninov? Not good tonight, not sharp. Just no. With that performance, they deserved to place below the Shibutanis imo.

Weaver & Poje : I love that music selection. They're not my fave but I truly enjoyed their performance and I think the opening and last part of the program are very effective.

Dots

Final Flight
I get that the Shibs are forum darlings, but they are not the only team this happens to, even in this event. H/D had problems today, but I think they were definitely underscored yesterday (and have been many times in the past), but they aren't as popular so it doesn't seem to matter much to most.

Hmm maybe you should read the SD thread. People were definitely pissed H/D were put in fifth, especially after the Capellini/Lanotte fiasco.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I'll watch the videos before jumping on the wuzrobbed train. :slink:

(Although, I'm not sure if one of the reasons I like W/P's FD is that I really like the song it's to...)

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I'm dissapointed like a number of you cause I wanted the ShibSibs to medal. But I'm not mad at the judging. I'm not mad at anyone. It's just unfortunate. I'll look at the protocol. As someone who competed in a judged sport myself (Competitive cheerleading), I've seen reasons why my team didn't beat another team etc....and we see what the judges said and comments.

This is not unfortunate, this is serious overlooking of mistakes. Otherwise how could W/P and C/B with their mistakes have higher scores? With PCS like candy? When no one except the judges seem to love them?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I just CAN'T with scoring, so you can make mistake on twizzles & still be second when you're Madison Chock? I like how she's selling a program, but the TES was just WRONG. I feel sorry for this discipline, it seems like the podium was decided before competition started....:noshake:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I just cannot shake away my disappointment that the Shibs didn't medal, going to drink tea and calm my nerves, so I will be able to watch the ladies FS later.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congrads to W/P and C/L. Thank God, C/B with the critical error is not the winner of the competition.
I hope this kind of absurd things will not repeat at Nationals and Boston Worlds.

My heart goes to Shib the most though.

robredo40

On the Ice
i am sick of the double standard when it comes to Weaver and Poje last year the french and the americans flubbed their twizzles at worlds and their scores were not affected , while Weapo got relegated to third they deserve that world title.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I get that the Shibs are forum darlings, but they are not the only team this happens to, even in this event. H/D had problems today, but I think they were definitely underscored yesterday (and have been many times in the past), but they aren't as popular so it doesn't seem to matter much to most.

I agree. The Shibs and H/D were great in the SD. I just don't understand...

Maybe the judges are tired of serious programs and found C/L refreshing? Madison Chock has enough charisma to sell anything, but... I just... :shrug:

I'm at a loss.

slider11

Medalist
I think the Barcelona crowd said it all. They are a knowledgeable and courteous group. They were enthusiastic with the Shibs, Cappellini and Lanotte and Weaver/Poje. Appreciative of the Russians and Hubbell/Donahue. Crickets with Chock and Bates. That FD should have had C/B in 4th.