2015-16 Grand Prix Final Free Dance

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalist.

*cries in my little corner* :sad4:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Only 0.1 points difference between the two US teams. A virtual tie that nonetheless favors C/B. I feel sorry for the Shibs.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Can someone explain me why C/B with that serious error and other things got 0.1 FD points more than the Shibs?

This judging is disgusting.

And the worst thing is that the fans or Shibs or Marina...can't do nothing with this. I know that everybody is trying and everybody works hard...But Shibs create the original program, while some others just do something similar that they already had, or mediocre program. Shibs have 4 different twizzles in both of their programs and they perform it with a great quality and superb speed. And then they are beaten by someone who made a mistake on twizzles...I agree with you it is disgusting. I want to write a petition to ISU but I know it would be for nothing. Mr. Cinquanta and judges and everybody just do everything like they want, ignoring fans..I guess it is pointless to talk about this topis again because nothing will change and I'm sorry if I write maybe too bad things, but I'm just so disappointed and mad and angry right now.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, just saw the protocols and one thing to be happy about the ShibSibs is that all of the GOEs they got were at least 1.00. AT LEAST. No 0.something. 1.something AT LEAST.

So hey! That's a reason to celebrate!

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
OMG i seriously can't watch the victory ceremony without the shibs

Vili67

On the Ice
Kaitlyn and Andrew i have love this pair for years but they have been in shadow.
But in this season they are real queen and king of ice dance.
And Kaitlyn is like angel on ice she just shines:clap:
They deserves the first place today

Lindacrow

Final Flight
Until I saw Chock/Bates skate in person at Skate America, I didn't understand the love they get from judges and fans. They are just more dynamic in person than they appear on the web. But they will never be my favorite US team.

Shouldn't be the other way around. If the Shibs look so awesome on the web I assume they are stellar live? Im just really sad they didn't medal.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is not unfortunate, this is serious overlooking of mistakes. Otherwise how could W/P and C/B with their mistakes have higher scores? With PCS like candy? When no one except the judges seem to love them?

I like to respectively disagree with you. In my mind I don't process the judging as unfair. Because in my mind, it's not something to focus on. In my opinion, I try to think of logical explanations and try not to whine about it and take in stuff well. You know?

Lota

Record Breaker
At this point I'm hoping P/C come back at Worlds with another gorgeous flawless program and beat everyone else.

The status quo of ice dance is very disappointing.

haha yeah I can't wait for Gaby and Guillaume to come back!! These top teams are so underwhelming

I completely disagree. Yes, I'm really looking to P/C coming back, but I found the competition here very exciting. I enjoyed 5 of the 6 teams here thoroughly (and the 1 team was absolutely great (won the event for God's sake), I just didn't enjoy them as much), but I would say the teams are getting better and better with each competition and I for one am very excited for the discipline. Great stuff! Unless Men and Women turn out to be spectacular, quality-wise this will probably be the event of the competition for me.

Ekm

On the Ice
Hmm maybe you should read the SD thread. People were definitely pissed H/D were put in fifth, especially after the Capellini/Lanotte fiasco.

I only read live, so I missed the aftermath. I typically like to avoid the drama and all the so and so were robbed, just happened to come into this before the event was over. I just hate the so and so was robbed stuff. I'm not the biggest C/B fan, but I feel like even had they skated perfectly people would react in the same manner.

desertskates

Medalist
W/P are great but I just don't get drawn into their skating at all. Also is there something wonky about kaitlyn's twizzles or is it just me? Upset for the Shibs but I have high hopes for nationals. They can perform that FS even better than that. If Madison can't get her tech under control the U.S. judges may have their hand forced by the Shibs who have been consistently excellent this season.

Kaitlyn seems to hunch her shoulders during her twizzles. I really noticed it today.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Absolutely. I have crazy respect for all these athletes. I just personally feel the Shibs are held down - Chock and Bates just got the same score with a major error on the twizzles.

On the one hand the Shibs also had a glaring error in the step sequences and I think they were better at NHK. No one was super clean. C/B also lost points for their twizzles, but I don't think their program is as intricate as the other teams. Lesson learnt, judges have their favourites, and if you aspire to move up you have to be almost head and shoulders above the other team. I don't really know what to think, because if this were any other couple other than C/B I just have this sneaking suspicion they wouldn't have been held up so. :giveup::shrug: Sometimes you wonder why call this a sport.

keasus

On the Ice
Hmm maybe you should read the SD thread. People were definitely pissed H/D were put in fifth, especially after the Capellini/Lanotte fiasco.

C/L are a fun couple to watch, but their technique and material are bland. It's like watching a TV show that's been on too long.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well I got my time zones mixed up and missed the entire FD. Ended up going running and listening to a podcast instead. Sounds like it was probably for the best?

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Sorry but I can't stomach W/P. They don't have nearly the talent or the body movements to interpret such a dance and that score was almost criminal.
For me the Italians were the winners of this competition, really sweet and full of charm. BTW, does anyone know when the French will be back?