2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)

Music: Elizabeth The Golden Age (soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong, AR Rahman

White dress, gold front / burnt orange jacket, black pants

4Tw - low catch, she falls/slides (maybe UR)
3S - he stepout, hand down
3STh
FiDs
3T+SEQ - both falls
5RLi
ChSq
3FTh
4Li
FCCoSp3p - bit far apart, travels
5ALi
PCoSp3p - didnt hit last position?

Yikes, shaky skate. Big fall on quad twist, and problems on both sbs jumps, ragged spins... Both throws were nice, though

FS: 52.61+59.67-3.00 = 109.28, 177.42, 2/2

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
Alexa could not catch her foot dung on of the lift. But she landed all throw jumps in this tough program, kudos!g that final spin..... Shocking...

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
What a disaster... (This is shallow of me, but I hope they don't call off their engagement) :palmf:

Since they both messed up, they'll probably be OK. :)

I love them and am so so sad for them. So beneath their potential. They had their worst competition of the year by a mile at the most impt competition of the year.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
I just had a thought.

At Cheng's age, is it possible that puberty would still be affecting her?

I would have thought she would be past this stage. But everything that is happening does seem to me to be the same as what people on here put down to "the puberty monster" for girls a few years younger.

Please forgive my ignorance. Being male, I don't know all the ins and outs of what teenage girls go through.

CaroLiza_fan

I'm not a girl either, but I think puberty must have played a part. I remember when Cheng was with her previous partner a couple of years ago; she was rock solid and reliable on her SBS jumps (which were 3T and 2A). Having those jumps at such a young age is seen as incredible in China, and now she lost her 2A...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I just had a thought.

At Cheng's age, is it possible that puberty would still be affecting her? Or even only starting to affect her?

I would have thought she would be past this stage. But everything that is happening does seem to me to be the same as what people on here put down to "the puberty monster" for girls a few years younger.

Please forgive my ignorance. Being male, I don't know all the ins and outs of what teenage girls go through.

CaroLiza_fan

Puberty can affect girls into their late teens, especially if it's been delayed because her athletic life has kept her % of body fat too low to get the hormones flowing, which is common in top female athletes.

tulosai

Record Breaker
She looked about ready to murder Chris after that. Which makes far too much sense...:slink:

I didn't see that at all? Almost immediately after they skated they shared a long and warm hug. I think she's mad at herself.