2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate

Laurelise

On the Ice
The ice dancers have put a curse upon the arena--"No one but us shall skate well here."

I wish that when skaters skate poorly, they would at least fake it for a few minutes at the end of the program. Scimeca and Knierem's immediate "Oh well, that sucked" faces rubbed me the long way. Save the depression for the Kiss and Cry.

But yeesh, those synchronized falls were amazing, though not in such a good way.

Ekm

On the Ice
I just had a thought.

At Cheng's age, is it possible that puberty would still be affecting her? Or even only starting to affect her?

I would have thought she would be past this stage. But everything that is happening does seem to me to be the same as what people on here put down to "the puberty monster" for girls a few years younger.

Please forgive my ignorance. Being male, I don't know all the ins and outs of what teenage girls go through.

CaroLiza_fan

Pretty unlikely, she's 18, and should be past puberty by now, even if it had been delayed a bit.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Peng and Zhang don't look that harmonious sitting backstage.

I also don't see this at all? maybe I'm too naieve about the terrible things skaters allegedly think but he looks cheery as he always does, and she looks contemplative... there is a big age gap, I doubt they are best friends or have much to discuss outside skating but they seem perfectly at peace sitting together.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I thought she looked mad, but not necessarily at Chris.

Bingo.They both looked pissed at themselves--but not at each other. In fact Chris was quite lovely in the K&C towards the divine Ms S.

They're getting there, but hitting every bump in the road on the way.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Can't handle more disasters. Please, Y/J. And I guess I can count on S/B's consistency(hope i didn't jinx anyone >< ).