2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD

Layback11

Record Breaker
Kavita Lorenz/Patagionis Polizoakis

Music: Amelie
Costumes: Red sweetheart neckline dress/white blouse and black pants

Good twizzles (extended leg and then traditional)
A move that looks like a mini death spiral is repeated over and over
Serpentine StSq in hold-nice form and edge quality but nothing special
OKAY, THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!
They did Kaitlin and Jean-Luc's signature lift :mad: in a program that is so much like H/B's Amelie that it's obvious they were copying it...:scowl:
Rotational lift with her on his shoulder-looks like H/B's R&J rotational lift! POSERS! :mad: :laugh2:

Scores: 79.94 for a total of 127.30

cleo2070

Final Flight
Standings after first group:

1. Kavita LORENZ / Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS (GER) 127.30 (FD: 40.94 TES + 39.00 PCS = 79.94)
2. Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA (CZE) 117.04 (FD: 37.30 TES + 33.78 PCS = 71.08)
3. Victoria MANNI / Saverio GIACOMELLI (ITA) 103.78 (FD: 31.96 TES + 30.36 PCS = 62.32)

auser

Record Breaker
I was much more impressed by the German couple last time, I don't know why because I thought they did look much better? Anyway, I still think this program looks an awful lot like H/B's in 2014. Idk if that's just me but I see a lot of the same movements.

I was trying to remember why it seemed so familiar.:yes:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I was much more impressed by the German couple last time, I don't know why because I thought they did look much better? Anyway, I still think this program looks an awful lot like H/B's in 2014. Idk if that's just me but I see a lot of the same movements.

Not just you.

As this forum's official unofficial H/B Uber, I must protest this program. Guys, there are 300,000 other things you could've done and you chose to copy H/B?

Grr. :scowl:

JK, it's rather flattering. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
T/C look gorgeous but this program isn't doing it for me either... maybe I'm just in a sleepy mood lol.

LisaM

Medalist
Liked the last lift, and the kiss he planted on her cheek after the last pose was very sweet :) The rest didn't keep my attention.

Plisskin

Medalist
Can't wait for the Shibs and G/P. I hope they have more notable programs than what we've seen so far at this comp.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Federica Testa/Lukas Csolley, CZE

Music: Absolutely No Idea by Why The Heck Did I Delete Shazam?!?
Costumes: Black sweetheart neckline dress and pearl necklace/brown vest over white button-up and black pants with scarf
Scores:
FD: 85.58 (Numerical palindrome! :party2:)
Total: 138.66

Getting very into their serpentine StSq...I like it!
Good grief, this StSq NEVER ENDS!
Goose lift (?)
Fairly generic dance spin
Also very into their circular(?) StSq to droning music cut that drives me out of my mind
Very cool hydroblade lift

tulosai

Record Breaker
Can't wait for the Shibs and G/P. I hope they have more notable programs than what we've seen so far at this comp.

Yes I've pretty much just been bored with the programs so far... I usually like watching lower ranked ice dancers since often they have creative and fun programs even though they lack the technical skills, and I can still appreciate them because of this, but these today have just been so blah for me.

cleo2070

Final Flight
Current standings:

1. Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) 138.66 (FD: 41.68 TES + 42.90 PCS -1 = 83.58)
2. Kavita LORENZ / Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS (GER) 127.30 (FD: 40.94 TES + 39.00 PCS = 79.94)
3. Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA (CZE) 117.04 (FD: 37.30 TES + 33.78 PCS = 71.08)
4. Victoria MANNI / Saverio GIACOMELLI (ITA) 103.78 (FD: 31.96 TES + 30.36 PCS = 62.32)

Sackie

Medalist
Problem is G/P usually have very notable programs. Just they can be somewhat off the wall at times and take a while for the judges to warm up to.

TMC

Record Breaker
Ugh there's so much skating this weekend and so many schedules....I thought this started at quarter to! Did I miss anything really cool?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I loved the Shibs!! Their programs are really fantastic this year, I think they have TONS of potential!! THis is so exciting for them :cheer:

charmblade

Final Flight
Just gorgeous. The song, the program, Maia and Alex, everything. :love:

They are one of the few couples that I can't figure out which of them to watch. They are both great.