2015 Skate Canada Autumn Classic International, Oct 12 - 15 | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Autumn Classic International, Oct 12 - 15

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
must be hard to skate after YUZU.. anybody knows more about this Canadian fellow?

FTnoona

Final Flight
Have to admit, I think the summer clips and practice clips got my expectations too high for Hanyu's free. I thought the steps were better in practice but he started coming alive during the end. Seems like his 4T is slipping from him :no:
But it's only the beginning of the season so I can't wait to see the program evolve!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I agree with you and I think he will… it will be his signature piece as far as I am concerned :)
I feel like there could be more done in between some elements, my memory is hazy so I don't remember where the empty-ish moments are but overall what a nice program. Really love the music, I hope he got his early season jitters out of the way and we see some cleaner performances as we go on:yay:

Lindacrow

Final Flight
Someone has the list of all the elements he did and how he did?

4S
4T
3F
4T (fall; planned 4t-2t)
3A-2T (Planned 3a-3t)
3a (Planned 3a-1lo-3s)
3lo-1lo-3s (Planned 3lo but added missed combo)
3lz

A couple of shaky landings and mistakes but smart recoveries :) Its just the beginning of the season and I think he did pretty well despite the hiccups. Cant wait to see it again at SC! One of my favorite programs from him!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
SMART boy, love the choreo stsq this time (and Japanese flute in the later half). seems he changed choreo a bit even from practice improvise?!:biggrin:

I think they tweaked it a bit... from the last time I saw on the show. Utilized the drums to the movement much better... less uncertain interpretation, but I am not sure... something is not there for me yet.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
my stream is pretty smooth when Yuzuru was on, I think his stsq is not as impressive as practice, but definitely very good later half, especially choreo stsq this time.
I am going to find videos links now.:biggrin:
And smart boy!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
When you compare his two costumes, it's like..... he cut slices out of his shoulders... and put them on his hips.....:scratch:
LMAO, that's by far the best explanation I've seen so far for the SP handles :laugh:

That was gorgeous.
Seems he's pretty happy, too, and wow, did he just become talkative with Brian... I bet his English has progressed quite a lot! ;-)
that was totally worth losing some sleep, wasn't it. I'm in :love: (big news)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Are we going to have another situation like at worlds last year, where there were three POTOs in a row in the men's? Only with Who Wants to Live Forever this time?

And what is this rendition?! At least if it was Queen I COULD LISTEN TO QUEEN! Not this east liste-

Ach, irrationally angry at this version. I was rootin' for you, Bennet. You impressed me yesterday but today...:scowl:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well this boy is not going to the WC :)
Are we going to have another situation like at worlds last year, where there were three POTOs in a row in the men's? Only with Who Wants to Live Forever this time?

And what is this rendition?! At least if it was Queen I COULD LISTEN TO QUEEN! Not this east liste-

Ach, irrationally angry at this version. I was rootin' for you, Bennet. You impressed me yesterday but today...:scowl:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
LMAO, that's by far the best explanation I've seen so far for the SP handles :laugh:

:biggrin:

SkaterSP ScoreFS ScoreTotal
Yuzuru HANYU93.14184.05277.19
Nam NGUYEN86.53154.57241.01
Sean RABBITT64.75136.95201.07
Maurizio ZANDRON62.71130.84193.55
Bennet TOMAN64.95114.35179.30
Denis MARGALIK59.13118.18177.31
Mitchell GORDON53.69107.72161.41
Javier RAYA60.2698.92159.18
Patrick MYZYK57.49100.24157.73
Meng-Ju LEE38.6172.24110.85

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
that was totally worth losing some sleep, wasn't it. I'm in :love: (big news)
Yes, it was. Totally with you in the love department. :bow:
And on that note, gonna catch a few more Zs. I bet if there's anything cool like ceremony or something, it'll be available to watch later.

liv

Record Breaker
Loved Yuzu's free. I think with time and more energy put into the step sequences, it'll be fantastic. The steps weren't as sharp as in practice, but it's only October. I have high hopes for this one. Lots of little nuances in there.