2016 JGP Germany Ladies FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Germany Ladies FS

Shayuki

Record Breaker
For Gubanova's prettiest jump, I'd go with Salchow. She actually does a proper one which is pretty rare to see these days.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Well before I say anything about this event I just wanna thank Ted a million times for making this possible via Youtube, we enjoyed it so much!!!

Layback11

Record Breaker
So, the final is Tsurskaya, Gubanova, Sakamoto, Kihara, Honda, and Zagitova, with Nugumanova, Lim, and Konstantinova as alternates?

It's over, but fear not! Skate America is in thirteen days! :laugh:

(Not to mention, Finlandia isn't over, and I still have to watch all the things that aren't ladies for my blog post. :slink:)

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
:cry:

But another random trivia: if you remove everyone Russian or Japanese from the standings at every event, the highest finisher is Korean in 6/7 of them.

Hm...

That doesn't bode well for certain figure skating superpower(s). What happened?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
True.

Her jump layout is very ambitious. This one even was an easier version of her layout.

But honestly, the "eye test" is against that being a comfort jump for her. Tsurskaya's is one I'd call a comfort jump. Labored vs effortless.

Oh, I agree with the "eye test". But you can see how she fights with the lutz, and that's why I think it's her comfortable jump, not that's pretty or effortless, but probably her other jumps are harder to salvage. Props for her with that TES, though.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
So, the final is Tsurskaya, Gubanova, Sakamoto, Kihara, Honda, and Zagitova, with Nugumanova, Lim, and Konstantinova as alternates?

It's over, but fear not! Skate America is in thirteen days! :laugh:

(Not to mention, Finlandia isn't over, and I still have to watch all the things that aren't ladies for my blog post. :slink:)

where is your blog?:)

mish

Match Penalty
Eunsoo with medal, bravo! :clap:
Princess Anastasia magical as always, still those jumps are a bit worrying... :bow:
Congratulations Marin for getting to the GPF! :yahoo:

Thx TED! :luv17:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I think giving +2 on Gubanova's jumps is a little too generous. Her jumps are a little wild, I'd give +1 at most. And Judge no.6 gave her 8.25 for skating skills...?

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
I think giving +2 on Gubanova's jumps is a little too generous. Her jumps are a little wild, I'd give +1 at most. And Judge no.6 gave her 8.25 for skating skills...?

She has the weirdest jump technique. Long legs like radionova. I can tell she will lose her jumps soon. She already is fighting so hard on her combos.

I think eunsoo got rattled by gubanovas huge score. Too bad, because imo, eunsoo is >>>>>> gubanova both technically and artistically.

Last edited: