United-States
This last group put me in a really good mood :cool2:

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Well done Hyang Mi RO! :love:
Great smile:thank:
Creative/original costume :cool2:
For the mistake...:sad46:
Music is Ryonggangginari: folk song representing the hard-work of Koreans. Minyo (style of Korean accompanied folk singing). Something new on ice:yes2:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Judge number 6 was not impressed with Anastasiia :whack:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
So, looks like Gubanova is all but in while Konstantinova is all but out. What else is to be decided on Saturday?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Ladies as it happened short

Just a few notes,

Wasn't our Lutricia just lovely today? Cmon, give Germany some credit, we have good ladies too! ;) This is her best program so far, in my opinion at least. Gubanova, yes what a lady, off ice she is a kid, but on ice she becomes something more, she must have a very strong connection to the sport, as it´s not acted, but something that comes from her heart. To sit directly at the ice and seeing her skate, completely kills you, so amazing it is.

For a writer and spectator who does see her now since about four years, each time is special and her choreographers really know what they are doing and she sells each program with attitude, but a calm one, almost as if she plays an instrument with her blades.

I was also happy for Elizaveta, she finally did it and skated her program, well done young lady and that Latvian girl Diana Nikitina, has put a spell on me, since the first practice session, I don´t know what she does, but I like watching her skate, same can be said about the Austrian girl Sophia, in practice nothing but a shirt and in competition, she rocks the red carpet and what about Holly?! Tiny girl, one of the first and so big already. What a kid, the Arena is huge I tell you and the first skater, Abigail Samuels, from South Africa, did you see at home, how proud her eyes were, when she was allowed to open the competition? What a great expression, she enjoyed every second on ice, it takes guts to open such a big event, that people world wide can see and she went for the double Axel, Flip toe and Loop, maybe some UR (I didn't check protocols yet) but she gave it all tonight!

Nastia, sadly had a few falls today, but she will strike back on Saturday for sure and that girl Tania Margarido from Andorra, she looks so shy on ice, but I have a soft spot for those, she fell on the Axel, but everything else the double loop and flip - toe, looked great and we know from our lovely Swizz Tanja, that these kids can grow into confident women and this she will do in future I am sure.

Overall,

each one of them, gave their best and it´s a big achievement to skate at a JGP and such a big venue like here. When the music was playing, my seat was vibrating and now imagine how these little girls must feel, when they know people on YT (8 million in total this season) are watching. Words can´t describe, how much respect I have for all of them.

Last but not least, Agi did amazing, she proves that you can grow into a skater, even if you start late and have not the best "blade" early on. To see her land the double Axel was amazing and she also had a triple Sal and double Toe, just great. Or Yuna, with the split jump, my heart stops each time she does that, it´s directly under my nose, what a character and what height she gains there, incredible. The South Korean lady was ace too, the Korea DPR lady with the colors and the great coaching team as well, just wonderful speed and she looked so proud and happy too, isn´t it nice that they both skated together today, no politics and stuff, wonderful!
I like how the DPR coaches kind of check for feedback all the time, it already happened at the practice, maybe they read along here? If so, you have a great skater, with tons of charm and charisma, very energetic and joyful, great team they are in general, very open minded and kind people, oh man, it was a blast to see 38 skaters all giving their best and all being so unique and Mr Orsers apprentice, how she skates for everyone, amazing! Will be great fun to write about this more at some other time, more than the dance report was sadly not possible today.

Thanks ladies, I could say something nice about all of you, good luck on Saturday, see ya then!

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
I just watched Anastasia and she was as precious as ever, but that combo was so scary, she reminded me of Radionova, basically she got the rotations out of will power:hopelessness:..... I don't want her to be buried in the depth of the Russian ladies behind a bunch of girls with mediocre SS, empty meaningless programs and jumps landed only because of fast rotations (I swear I don't have one particular skater in mind), but she needs a miracle... Please Skating Gods, take care of her!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
The top four ladies were very impressive. Lutricia Bock was very solid and nice to watch. She can score 60+ during the season if she keeps skating like that. Stasya was fierce. She came to win here and she was close. Alas, she is not consistent - it has always been and still is. Only the miracle can bring her to the final - a cristal clean FP skated with the same passion as her Swan's lake tonight. Eunsoo is the Korean best long-term hope bsed on what I have seen this season. She can be among the top if she keeps developing. Her jumps are impressive same as energy and projection. She lacks smoothness but she is just a kid - very bright future indeed. And Nastya is the queen. She and Marin have the best fluidity in movements among the juniors.

FP is going to be very interesting.

piona

On the Ice
So,I just got home from the rink. It was pretty impressive. Mainly, because there was no promotion for this event and the main audience is/was mostly of participants/officials/helpers/etc. So, taking a place I allways run into a skater stretching, running, warming up, whatever. At the beginning the pairs were trainig and the guys throw their girls in the air. (I just saw that zombie-eyed Russian girl. No idea what her name is.) So it was more like being in the changing rooms/training area than at an event.

However, the most impressing girl was Konstantinova. It wasnt her day, but her presence was unique. It was as if she were twice as big on the ice than the others. I hade the feeling that she was pretty nervous. At warm up she got back to the trainer 3-4 times ...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
A very impressive SP. She seems to be well trained and her attention to every detail is unbelievable! Her coaching Team put together a breathtaking program and she executed most elements perfectly and those that were not perfect, were very well executed.

I think that it's somewhat OK for the other stuff but her Lutz is not going to stick and her Axel is suspect as well.

I definitely agree that she'd benefit greatly from getting proper training for her jumps. It'd be a shame if that held her back as I think that artistically and skating skills-wise she's the most promising Russian lady lately(Perhaps after Medvedeva).

mish

Match Penalty
The top four ladies were very impressive. Lutricia Bock was very solid and nice to watch. She can score 60+ during the season if she keeps skating like that. Stasya was fierce. She came to win here and she was close. Alas, she is not consistent - it has always been and still is. Only the miracle can bring her to the final - a cristal clean FP skated with the same passion as her Swan's lake tonight. Eunsoo is the Korean best long-term hope bsed on what I have seen this season. She can be among the top if she keeps developing. Her jumps are impressive same as energy and projection. She lacks smoothness but she is just a kid - very bright future indeed. And Nastya is the queen. She and Marin have the best fluidity in movements among the juniors.

FP is going to be very interesting.
This post is the most accurate thing ever. Energy and projection vs fluidity. Yuna vs Mao. Korea vs Russia vs Japan in 2022. Puberty monster, go away and let it happen! :yahoo:

(Sorry, I'm completely over-hyped after Eunsoo's skate :laugh2:)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Anastasia is still quite vulnerable in her jumps. Given her record of 3-3, it is unlikely she will have a clean LP. Hope her coach looks into her problem since at the age of 13 it is still addressable.

Eun soo Lim on the other hand, has an upward momentum. She could be placed on the podium hadn't she jumped into the board in her last competition. Though I wish she did not choose Miss Saigon for her LP.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
However, the most impressing girl was Konstantinova. It wasnt her day, but her presence was unique. It was as if she were twice as big on the ice than the others. I hade the feeling that she was pretty nervous. At warm up she got back to the trainer 3-4 times ...
Stanislava and her nerves... :slink: I am not sure what is required to fix that. She ends up making stupid mistakes because of them again and again.

ETA: is there a video of Stanislava's SP that is not broken?

Last edited: