2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Free Skate

NaVi

Medalist
Calling it now, Wakaba will get Silver and Russia will lose 3 spots...

In the "old days", these girls would have been given pain killers and be told to go out and skate.

Ekm

On the Ice

In the "old days", these girls would have been given pain killers and be told to go out and skate.

Anyone who cares at all for the well being and future of these girls should be happy that the "old days" are gone.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Clean skate for Maria, nice, but zero excitement for me.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
23 Maria SOTSKOVA (RUS)

Music: Romeo and Juliet by Sergei Prokofiev

Purple flowy dress over red leotard, sparkly belt

3Lz+3T - bit scratchy lutz
3F
FSSp
StSq
3F+1Lo+3S
3Lz - bit scrarchy
2A+2T
3Lo
2A
CCoSp3p
LSp

Bit heavy landings on some jumps, but overall strong with 7 triples. Should medal, maybe silver if her SP lead helps her

FS: 64.16+59.78 = 123.94 (PB), 188.72 (PB), 2/22

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Hey Maria proved me wrong. I thought she was gonna crumble under the pressure but she did well. Hung on to all those landings. 2nd or 3rd?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Well done Maria! You delivered!!! Redefining jumping bean.... the scoring is going to be interesting...

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Maybe the painkiller they used was added to the banned list on January 1. Meldonium was claimed to be a cardio protector... maybe there was an ankle protector that got banned as well.... we have seen alot of ankle related WDs for junior worlds (and not just from the Russians!)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yeah very impressed with Juniors ladides overall, even the ones in the early flights! Good event! They all did super great!!