2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Free Skate

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Some protocal (rant) time!!!

Marin - The +3Ts were borderline though, the rest is really truly nice!!! Congratulations!!!

Maria - I dont agree with the positive GOE on the first combo and the PCS, but overall an OK performance!

Wakaba - Nice save for the second +3T!

Yuna - Fantastic FS! The +3Lo COULD HAVE received one < though (it's weird cuz the second Lutz which is less UR received one <)

ELizabet - Great comeback! Keep this up (not the nosebleed though please) for Worlds!!!

Seems the tech caller was lenient today, if it were properly called maybe there would be a difference for the 2nd/3rd placement? Anyway it was an enjoyable FS tonight!!!

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Btw I appreciate the relaxing atmosphere the interviewer was trying to create but the questions were a bit weird...

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Marin is so polished and lovely! A truly deserving champion! :love:

I'm just devastated that Alisa withdrew. I really wanted her to win. :(

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
The competition has long ended but my mind is still on "what could've been"? had Alisa skated here assuming with a clean program she could've been at least on 3rd place..this is the last big competition of the season and it was hard to say goodbye to Alisa's 2 beautiful programs but its even harder to say goodbye now to her FP that we didn't get the chance to see for the last time..

I was so pumped for Alisa for I truly believed she could medal here esp. after SP and I want her to medal so badly just so she have something good in her resume(int'l achievements), but too bad it didn't happen..Im looking forward to her next season though and I hope Olga Glinka will choreograph an even more beautiful program for her(fingers crossed)..Heads up kitty nothing to be sad of, regardless of what happened you are forever remembered as an elegant, cute,and a charming skater..come back stronger pls..🙏👊💪

Alex D

Record Breaker
In case you don´t know yet, Alisa injured her foot right before competition during warm up, more at some other time.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Sad about withdrawals, but it's a sport. Happy for Masha and her gripping those 3 spots for Russia next year:love:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Maria had a chance to win. She had to skate crystal clean though. She has an advantage - she is tall and skates and jumps big. This always makes an impression. And she is the most gracious of all skaters here. She lost some points in tech while Marin did not.... Well, she did what she could.

Next year Polina should redeem her status as the unquestionable prima among the juniors. Hope, no more injuries.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
3 spots ? Alisa withdrew how does her SP rank overall ?

hope they keep the 3 sports next year

Apparently, if a skater qualifies for the FS and withdraws due to injury before the segment starts, if they were placed in the top 10 in the SP, then for qualifying points it's like they weren't entered at all (so basically Russia's only points that count for qualifying were Maria's 2 which means 3 spots for Russia)

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Congratz to all the medalists!!

I think Marin is really the full package, happy for her win!!!!!

But, I will say, had Maria gone clean, I do think the judges would have given her the gold. I also think if Alisa had skated clean, she would've won as well. We all know about Polina, she would have destroyed this competition.

I think this is Japan's best ever team for the JWC, and they didn't even sweep. You can tell which country has the stronger skaters when they maintain 3 spots with two of their best skaters withdrawing. Kudos to Maria, I think she had the most mentally tough job to do.

About Wakaba, I think she has the best FS, those jumps are incredible, almost up to Polina's, and I just think her program was the best. I think Marin could have the best program if she just picked better music, but oh well. About Maria, I think she was robbed in the SP but really generously marked in the FS, but not enough to change the results.

So all in all, thank you judges for not being ABSURD and we shall wait till next year for Polina to win and break Medvedeva's WRs!! :)

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
First Polina, and now Alisa? What a sad day for these Russian girls!:cry: Hopefully such unfortunate withdrawals will never occur at the senior Worlds.

sneakers

Match Penalty
First Polina, and now Alisa? What a sad day for these Russian girls!:cry: Hopefully such unfortunate withdrawals will never occur at the senior Worlds.

at least they get 3 spots again for next juniors :yes2:

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently, if a skater qualifies for the FS and withdraws due to injury before the segment starts, if they were placed in the top 10 in the SP, then for qualifying points it's like they weren't entered at all (so basically Russia's only points that count for qualifying were Maria's 2 which means 3 spots for Russia)

hmm thanks, didnt know in junior worlds
silver gets 3 spots points

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
hmm thanks, didnt know in junior worlds
silver gets 3 spots points

If there's a single skater, 1st or 2nd gets 3 spots. Polina's withdrawal before the SP and Alisa's top-10 SP before withdrawing before the FS ended up giving Russia what equates to a single skater according to the rules.