2016 Ondrej Nepela Memorial Ladies SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Ondrej Nepela Memorial Ladies SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
56.58. Lower than I thought. Must've been hit with a UR somewhere.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
56.58. Lower than I thought. Must've been hit with a UR somewhere.

This is what I've learned of being a Mariah fan. She doesn't ever seem to capitalize when she can and because of that she never really built a reputation amongst the judges. Oh well....she's always enjoyable and radiates with positivity.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
These scores really are low across the board... like really low, it's strange.

I wonder about that too. Has ISU internally decided to cut back on scoring? The inflation since Sochi will hardly be sustainable anyway.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched some of Julia's program. I love how she seems so chill and not rushed in the least. The iSpin is the best it's ever been and really really accentuates the music.

LRK

Record Breaker

These judges are a really stingy lot. One could have imagined that they had been trying to watch the livestream, and become really disgruntled. Well, of course that can't be the case, so probably they were all served lukewarm, wishy-washy coffee or tea in the morning, and hence their mood. Can happen to the best of us.;)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Clearly she isn't....

:popcorn:

Just kidding Mariah fans!

My stream has worked without a hitch for the entire Final Group. I figured the Asians and Australians had to go to bed.:)

geiger

On the Ice
Did anyone notice that they started Yulia's music too early, then stopped it several seconds into the SP, then restarted the whole thing?

LRK

Record Breaker
Did anyone notice that they started Yulia's music too early, then stopped it several seconds into the SP, then restarted the whole thing?

Oh, yes, we did. The stream worked nicely for all of that. And then the music & program started for real - and.. stream crash.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This might be my favorite short program this season, it's just so infectious and fun!

Mariah's personality really shines all through it. One of my favorite moves is her leap after the 2Axel. I think that counts as an exit after the axel?

LRK

Record Breaker
My stream has worked without a hitch for the entire Final Group. I figured the Asians and Australians had to go to bed.:)

Then, if so, let's hope they keep snoozing sweetly through the pairs, because I'd actually like to watch some of that!

Note: By the bye, pairs is supposed to begin in less than ten minutes. Is that even possible now, or will it be delayed?

Imagine

Medalist

Last year Evgenia won the SP in this competition with 63.68...granted it was her senior debut, but that was with decent jumps, backloading, and tanos factored in. It's probably for the best so the competitors don't get too complacent early on, and will keep improving throughout the season.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was wondering the same thing. Could it be in a different rink?