2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 196 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Shayuki

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJWADsg4Vvk

Tarakanova was sooo good. 72.27 points. And also that last spin is incredible.

There's really not been a whole lot of juniors you could say this for, but for Tarakanova I'm just constantly amazed by her skating. I think I'll make the bold claim that she has stronger SS when it comes to the overall quality of basic skating than any senior lady currently - At least better than Medvedeva or Zagitova.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think that Trusova has stepped up her presentation in certain aspects. The combo was a bit off but if it was clean I imagine she'd have had 40+ TES(got 39.17 here).

What was wrong with her combo? is there a video?

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
As per his Instagram post Plushenko is going to Skate America after all. Didn’t he have shows? How did they manage that? Anyone have any information?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
3 points bonus, so...

So only 73.79...

She's got a ton going on in that program. When we think about junior skaters' programs in general we usually would see very little in the way of complex transitions or entries or stuff happening between the elements. Lately it of course has increased quite a bit but her program probably has the most out of all the juniors.

What I find amazing is how she essentially came out of nowhere. Her last season's results weren't really anything to write home about and I believe she wasn't even supposed to have any JGP assignments this season. And then she starts doing this.

Can also see some clear improvement with her from event to event. Who knows how far she'll be able to progress...

madison

Record Breaker
So only 73.79...

She's got a ton going on in that program. When we think about junior skaters' programs in general we usually would see very little in the way of complex transitions or entries or stuff happening between the elements. Lately it of course has increased quite a bit but her program probably has the most out of all the juniors.

What I find amazing is how she essentially came out of nowhere. Her last season's results weren't really anything to write home about and I believe she wasn't even supposed to have any JGP assignments this season. And then she starts doing this.

Can also see some clear improvement with her from event to event. Who knows how far she'll be able to progress...

Last season she was coming after an injury and therefore struggled. But people who followed her before the injury said that she looked really promising.

oleada

Record Breaker
Alena qualified for Junior Nationals at a very young age and was very promising. But she had an injury and was derailed for a bit.

russianfan

Match Penalty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJWADsg4Vvk

Tarakanova was sooo good. 72.27 points. And also that last spin is incredible.

There's really not been a whole lot of juniors you could say this for, but for Tarakanova I'm just constantly amazed by her skating. I think I'll make the bold claim that she has stronger SS when it comes to the overall quality of basic skating than any senior lady currently - At least better than Medvedeva or Zagitova.

is it just me or her jumps look more secure at this competition?

Kostornaya 76.79 points with 45.63 TES ookay...

https://streamable.com/n5lrw

i feel hypnotized watching her skate...

Leonardo

Final Flight
Kostornaya she is like so confident ... I like Tarakanova too

Yes. Kostornaya is beautiful and incredibly polished, skates like a butterfly but Tarakanova is my favorite because of her uniqueness, wild style, so intense. Both are incredible. Tarakanova imho has better jumps, more speed and performance ability, Kostornaya is a bit more shy, looks down a lot, but her back, arms, body movements are just superior.

tars

Record Breaker
Katia Mitrofanova regained her jumps? :eek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OfdNh-cNkY :gclap:
Girl was half way out of singles and just look at this elegant, capable and charming lady! :luv17:

Kostornaya - same old ugly feet positioning + overscored (Mitro and Taru made too good of a job for 10p difference)

Tarakanova - OK, I admit I felt something for the first time. :rolleye:
The music is strong and some accents in choreo are quite impressive, this is not chaos, I take it back.
Still unesthetic, and too wild for my taste, but not chaotic - the program has sense and drama. :thumbsup:

PS. I love Russian Cup! It's such underestimated series of tourneys with many extraordinary performances in there.
I remember some RC in some forgotten small rink in Samara two years ago, where Nastia Gubanova broke 200 with one of the most beautiful skates I've ever seen. :love:
Watch Russian Cup, my friends - you won't regret it. :yes:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
is it just me or her jumps look more secure at this competition?.
i feel the same.

SP scores (no bonuses)
Kostornaya 70.79 (39.63 + 31.16)
Tarakanova 70.27 (39.95 + 30.32)
Trusova 68.13 (39.17 + 28.96)
Panenkova 63.17 (34.49 + 28.68) -1ded

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Aah, so sad Trusova got a UR on her 4S. I watched it frame by frame and it was very borderline. I thought they would have given her a ratified one considering these competitions tend to be a little less strict. Oh well. Good thing she didn't fall on it at least.