2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 197 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

russianfan

Match Penalty
Aah, so sad Trusova got a UR on her 4S. I watched it frame by frame and it was very borderline. I thought they would have given her a ratified one considering these competitions tend to be a little less strict. Oh well. Good thing she didn't fall on it at least.

is there any video?

luckyguy

Match Penalty
i feel the same.

SP scores (no bonuses)
Kostornaya 70.79 (39.63 + 31.16)
Tarakanova 70.27 (39.95 + 30.32)
Trusova 68.13 (39.17 + 28.96)
Panenkova 63.17 (34.49 + 28.68) -1ded

Does it mean that Trusova is not such a clear favorite for the JGPF as many of us thought?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Does it mean that Trusova is not such a clear favorite for the JGPF as many of us thought?

Senior and junior scores aren't comparable(Seniors get overscored in comparison).

Also, if Tarakanova skates like she has been, Trusova would need a clean 4S to beat her... But I still am not so convinced of Tarakanova's consistently at this point, unfortunately. But her edges are a sight to behold.

On Kostornaya vs Tarakanova, I'd give the advantage to Tarakanova anyway. But I'm not entirely sure how Kostornaya might be scored in relation to her if they both skate clean...

Trusova does have the lowest PCS of the bunch.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Sakhanovich should take lessons from Tarusina how to jump axel. What a gorgeous axel Tarusina has. What a consistent skater she is. And what a shame it will be, if instead of Tarusina at Russian Nationals will compete Sakhanovich with her creepy looked jumps and mechanic-surprised face expressions. Sad!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Sakhanovich should take lessons from Tarusina how to jump axel. What a gorgeous axel Tarusina has. What a consistent skater she is. And what a shame it will be, if instead of Tarusina at Russian Nationals will compete Sakhanovich with her creepy looked jumps and mechanic-surprised face expressions. Sad!

I really like Tarusina. I'll also always cheer for her to do well after that awful accident she was in. For some time I was wondering if she would even be able to continue her career(or worse).

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I don't know why they limit the participation at Nationals only for 18 ladies (as far I know). For Tarusina should the federation make an exception.

madison

Record Breaker
It's so frustrating that there are so many exceptional Russian ladies and in the future there will be even more and we cannot see all of them at the most important competitions:(. ISU should give up to the quota of 3 skaters per country.

madison

Record Breaker
Senior and junior scores aren't comparable(Seniors get overscored in comparison).

Also, if Tarakanova skates like she has been, Trusova would need a clean 4S to beat her... But I still am not so convinced of Tarakanova's consistently at this point, unfortunately. But her edges are a sight to behold.

On Kostornaya vs Tarakanova, I'd give the advantage to Tarakanova anyway. But I'm not entirely sure how Kostornaya might be scored in relation to her if they both skate clean...

Trusova does have the lowest PCS of the bunch.

I think that if all three skate clean, Kostornaya will get the highest PCS. She's the clear favourite of winning GPF and even junior Worlds this season. But does she have problems with the edge on the lutz?:confused2:

Grin

Medalist
It's so frustrating that there are so many exceptional Russian ladies and in the future there will be even more and we cannot see all of them at the most important competitions:(. ISU should give up to the quota of 3 skaters per country.

I'm with you, but imagine what will happen in the ladies competitions if 5 Russian ladies will be allowed there...

madison

Record Breaker
I'm with you, but imagine what will happen in the ladies competitions if 5 Russian ladies will be allowed there...

What will happen? :rolleye:
The system is too country based to be fair for the skaters and for the public

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I think that if all three skate clean, Kostornaya will get the highest PCS. She's the clear favourite of winning GPF and even junior Worlds this season.

For now, the highest PCS (59.45) at JGP stages received exactly by Tarakanova, after her is placed Kostornaya (58.26). Trusova has the lowest PCS among all Russian girls there. All PCS seems fair to me. Alena is incredible charming and mesmerising, but Tarakanova has better skating skills and speed, her skating is really a freedom. So, if both are clean, the highest PCS should receive Tarkananova, then Kostornaya, and then the others. But the main key is consistency of Tarakanova. So let's wait and will see.

kalee

On the Ice
Tarusina should qualify from Russian Cup with 4+2 right? So now it is Alisa who is out and the GP assignment given to Sima would not have changed the outcome as 4+4 beats 4+7 in RC anyway...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Tutberidze’s next strategy is quads. She already started with Trusova and Scherbakova. I would expect that within several years there will be several Tutberidze’s girls having triple axels and quads.

Hey hanca, thanks for your posts. I'll answer them as soon as I will have a time, too much work these days. Now I'll just answer for one of the last lines. This is right. I can't imagine her reaction after Anna's injury. In April she shows her amazing quads and... What a loss. The next quad girl should be Sofia Akatieva, with her insane speed of rotation in the air. Maybe also Polina Borovskih. But I can't see the others. I mean, quads it's not Zagi's case, when inconsistent girl became very consistent. Ability to do quads might be seen in the young age by rotation speed. And except Akatieva I didn't see other girls with the same or close rotation speed.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Aah, so sad Trusova got a UR on her 4S. I watched it frame by frame and it was very borderline. I thought they would have given her a ratified one considering these competitions tend to be a little less strict. Oh well. Good thing she didn't fall on it at least.

https://imgur.com/Jn7GYoD
it was pretty much the same as in Brisbane, so i agree with UR call on this one

There is NO clear favorite for this JGPF. At all. I feel like every single girl (well, may be except Samodurova) is capable of snatching the gold there, so it will all depend on how good they can perform at this exact event and who will be stronger mentally. Also, it has to do with whom judges like more of course :)
The reason why many people (including me) put Trusova on first place in their predictions is because if she will somehow finally land her quad - she will be very hard to reach. Otherwise - competition is gonna be very close i think(well even with clean quad it will be close, because judges don't give her high PCS).

moriel

Record Breaker
What will happen? :rolleye:
The system is too country based to be fair for the skaters and for the public

Actually, i think it would be fun if the system stopped being country based at all.
Like, no country quotas. No flag display for winners, no anthems.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Are there any confirmations on who the last spot at Nationals will go to? Tarusina came 2nd at the Russian Cup but Serafima has a GP now, so did Serafima automatically get the last spot due to her assignment? Also is Fedichkina allowed to compete as a Junior at Nationals since she didn't qualify for seniors?