2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 202 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Nightcrawler

On the Ice
The absolutely hideous, pointless and lazy free programme from Tsurskaya does not help either. Anyway, none of this matters as nobody is going to the Olympics.

Seriously? Music wise, I think she's got the best programs out of ALL ladies competing this season; no warhorses, no voice-overs and no horrible music cuts. Sure, she's mimicking a little too much and she could do with some transitions and refinement, but to me she's the one of the most pleasing packaging of the season. Well, to each their own...

charlotte14

Medalist
Seriously? Music wise, I think she's got the best programs out of ALL ladies competing this season; no warhorses, no voice-overs and no horrible music cuts. Sure, she's mimicking a little too much and she could do with some transitions and refinement, but to me she's the one of the most pleasing packaging of the season. Well, to each their own...
It is too boring.

Dr-minus

Rinkside
By the way, 2017 Skate America is only the third GP event this quad (including the finals) in which Russian ladies failed to medal, the other two being 2015 NHK Trophy (infamous Pogo meltdown) and 2016 SA. I would say it is pretty darn impressive.

madison

Record Breaker
By the way, 2017 Skate America is only the third GP event this quad (including the finals) in which Russian ladies failed to medal, the other two being 2015 NHK Trophy (infamous Pogo meltdown) and 2016 SA. I would say it is pretty darn impressive.

Yeah, but it's obvious that the Japanese ladies became more powerful right now.....
So Eteri's camp should take some steps asap if they want to dominate in the next years: to focus on the skating skills (almost all of Eteri's girls have poor SS), expressiveness (not so much facial expressions, but emoting on the music), no over-busy, but effective programs and quads and 3A.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Yeah, but it's obvious that the Japanese ladies became more powerful right now.....
So Eteri's camp should take some steps asap if they want to dominate in the next years: to focus on the skating skills (almost all of Eteri's girls have poor SS), expressiveness (not so much facial expressions, but emoting on the music), no over-busy, but effective programs and quads and 3A.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
It's just funny to read such a .......

suddenly barely making to the final "Japanese ladies became more powerful"... :laugh:
Yesterday they just had 1 Rika in JGPF... and zero in GPF.... who qualified... against Sasha/Nastaya/Alena/Dasha/Evgenia/Alina (just Eteri's) and (Sonya/Masha)
yes.. of course.... Eteri should take some steps asap so next season it will be more than 8/12 Russian girls in the finals. :thumbsup:

Polina was rubbed in FS btw...

NAOTMAA

Medalist

Um have you watched the whole GP season or just Skate America :scratch2:

because the Russian girls have been destroying the Japanese in every competition. Skate America where the Russian contingent (or the whole field in general) was its weakest is the only place where the Japanese came out on top

madison

Record Breaker
Um have you watched the whole GP season or just Skate America :scratch2:

because the Russian girls have been destroying the Japanese in every competition. Skate America where the Russian contingent (or the whole field in general) was its weakest is the only place where the Japanese came out on top

Of course I watched, but overall I think that Japanese ladies made huge progresses, while the Russian ladies not so much.
So the Japan has Sotoko (who is arguably a bad jumper, but very consistent when healthy, and gets very good PCS, judges like her), Wakaba, Mai, Marin and Kaori. What it's obvious is that all have better SS than the Russians.
So it's better that the Russians take measures now and improve their weaknesses. I can firmly state that overall the Japanese ladies look better than the Russian ladies right now. The first signs were at last year WJC where only Zagitova could face the Japanese girls.

madison

Record Breaker
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
I just can't .......
it's toooooooo funny.... :laugh2::rofl:

Well, ignoring your weaknesses and the early signs of what others are up to don't help to progress and to be the best in the world.
But I know that Eteri is too smart not to see that unlike some of the Russian ladies' fans:biggrin:

Dr-minus

Rinkside
But I know that Eteri is too smart not to see that unlike some of the Russian ladies' fans:biggrin:

Yeah, she is shaking in her boots. Japanese girls won their first GP gold in 2+ years and suddenly they are the strongest team in the world.

randomfan

Record Breaker
btw
no matter how Polina skate... they were not going to let her make it to the final... :rolleye:
https://twitter.com/yuditter01/status/934727897310420992

they decided ... finals in Japan with just 1 Japanese skater in GP and 2 in JGP ....too pathetic..

Well, the only way Polina would've gotten into the final is if she had won here. The rough SP was what took her out of contention for the gold. Say what you will about the FS score, but with how the 3 skaters above her skated, her placement is right.

And the JGPF has just 1 Japanese skater too. The other 5 are all Russian.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Well, the only way Polina would've gotten into the final is if she had won here. The rough SP was what took her out of contention for the gold. Say what you will about the FS score, but with how the 3 skaters above her skated, her placement is right.
or 2nd place and scores 210+

this poster was made before SA..... so..
She could skate two perfect programs and they would not allow her to win no matter what.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
By the way, did you notice that almost every Russian girl was competing at international events except Kurakova? Even very weak skaters like Gracheva, Avstriyskaya, etc, were participated there. What the hell? First they don't allow her to compete at GP Russia, now they don't send her to any international competitions. Is it a joke? Even being nowhere in Russia with the previous coach she always was skating in Torun where she won twice. She easily will beat many those Russian skaters, not saying about weak ones. That was really bad decision to move to Goncharenko. Ugh. It's like destruction of talents. Same story with Vasilieva. But she at least skated once at international event, not so long ago along with Tarusina. They are destroying her, making for her crap juniorish programs, not even trying to make really good program.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Upcoming events:

5th December
Announcement the decision about participation of Russian Team at the Olympics
(more likely will be banned)

Golden Spin of Zagreb
Dec 06 - Dec 09
Alisa FEDICHKINA
Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA

ISU Junior & Senior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
Dec 07 - Dec 10

Seniors:

Evgenia Medvedeva
Alina Zagitova
Maria Sotskova

Juniors:

Alexandra TRUSOVA
Sofia SAMODUROVA
Alena KOSTORNAIA
Daria PANENKOVA
Anastasia TARAKANOVA

russianfan

Match Penalty

Let's just say it honestly - russian ladies suck. Only 5/6 ladies in JGPF and laughable 3/6 in GPF - what a joke! They must've filled that finals completely. I don't think any of them should continue doing figure skating after such disastrous results, because it seems like they don't understand anything in figure skating, right?

hanca

Record Breaker
By the way, did you notice that almost every Russian girl was competing at international events except Kurakova? Even very weak skaters like Gracheva, Avstriyskaya, etc, were participated there. What the hell? First they don't allow her to compete at GP Russia, now they don't send her to any international competitions. Is it a joke? Even being nowhere in Russia with the previous coach she always was skating in Torun where she won twice. She easily will beat many those Russian skaters, not saying about weak ones. That was really bad decision to move to Goncharenko. Ugh. It's like destruction of talents. Same story with Vasilieva. But she at least skated once at international event, not so long ago along with Tarusina. They are destroying her, making for her crap juniorish programs, not even trying to make really good program.
I think Russian federation allowed to compete everyone who applied. Obviously there are some limits (max number of skaters from the same country allowed per event). If Kurakova didn’t, it is possible that she didn’t apply. There may be some reason for this, maybe finance, or she may have been dealing with an injury, or it may be their strategy to concentrate on training rather than on travelling. We won’t know, but there is no point you blaming the federation if we don’t know all the facts.