2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 324 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

tjb

Match Penalty
tat and lakernik not necessary are separate entities.every time lakernik appears on tv screen tat has something warm and friendly to say, while she is commentating. she even called him "sasha" once to make us sure that they are friends

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
is it forbidden now to post news about athletes being cleared? seriously... :palmf:

It is not forbidden. It has been requested that you discuss this issue and all issues pertaining to it in this thread https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?69222-IOC-OAR-ROC-Info.
This request has been made several times in this thread and in several others.

The board has been clear on this issue. Please discuss the IOC decisions concerning Russian participation in the thread that has been allocated to it.

This is a thread for discussion of Russian Ladies.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgSvMqvNgWQ
http://www.art-caramel.ru/result/1718/20180129PervSpec/spbspz_ea__Scores.pdf

Maria Dmitrieva aka Skull-girl :biggrin: Is she a new star?
3-3 combos - is it impressive for 10 y.o. or not, I wonder? I am not following preteen skaters at all - so I don't know.

she is not so new, has been on the prospects thread for a while, you should check it out, it's a bunch of fun :)
3-3 combos for 10yo are not so impressive anymore, Berestovskaya, Samodelkina, and Akatieva are all 10 and do fully backloaded 7 triple programs but it's also not super common
she's definitely a jump talent

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Any video of Alina and Evgenia's practice in Japan? If there is a public practice session, someone should have recorded their performance.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
3-3 combos for 10yo are not so impressive anymore, Berestovskaya, Samodelkina, and Akatieva are all 10 and do fully backloaded 7 triple programs but it's also not super common
she's definitely a jump talent
That's a little pessimistic... Only Akatieva does fully backloaded 7 triple programs out of these three. And these three also definitely are not the norm. 05, 06, 08 age groups for now have no one even close to them, and when it comes to the older age groups I don't think they were this good at 10 years of age, apart from the special talents like Gubanova. But actually, even she wasn't doing such difficult content at that age. 3Lz-3T combo, even poorly landed, is an extremely impressive feature at this age and in elements she actually performed a clean one.

Considering the age as well, her jumps would likely only rate behind Akatieva out of the three at this point in time, and Akatieva is the most talented jumper of all time(Future quad girl), at least at such an age.

russianfan

Match Penalty
just think about it: now russian kids can train at either Tutberidze's club, or Plushenko's academy, or at Illinykh-Lipnitskaya academy! :)

tjb

Match Penalty
but why all of these people without a sports education are opening ACADEMIES? is this even legal? i don't want my kids to be teached by a self proclaimed skating professor illinykh

madison

Record Breaker
but why all of these people without a sports education are opening ACADEMIES? is this even legal? i don't want my kids to be teached by a self proclaimed skating professor illinykh

i've read that it's only some master classes around the country. i think it's good for making figure skating more popular.

ejnsofi

Final Flight

This. With all respect I doubt that Elena or Yulia have any idea about body mechanics, proper jumping technique or physics attached to the sport (which is really important and help prevent injuries). Lambiel at least started with choreography and majority of his pupils came to him from other coaches and they already had basics and technique. Unless Elena will teach ice dance. In this case yes please because Russian ice dance field needs it