2017-19 Splits & Partner Changes | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017-19 Splits & Partner Changes

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Don’t know where to put this other than Canadian thread where it already is.

Lubov I has joined cirque du soleil.

https://twitter.com/skatecanada/status/1002619862638788608?s=21

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is Marissa retiring or is she looking for another partner?

Such a great pairs girl but never really had the right partner, sadly. (Though it kind of seems like she should've paired up with Tim LeDuc when she had the chance.)

I'm really curious to know the answer to your question, too.

Marissa is a great pairs girl. And yet ... to refer to what 4everchan was talking about, the timing and matching technique being the critical issue on SBS jumps, it always bothered me that Marissa and Mervin seemed to not even try to match their technique or timing. I wondered why their coaches didn't make them re-learn the jumps to synchronize them, at the beginning of the partnership. Can anyone enlighten me or speculate? Maybe, being in their 20s, would it already have been too difficult to change their technique?

I didn't really see Marissa as being a good match with Tim, either. I always saw Tim as a more classical skater. All's well that ends well, because Ashley Cain is such a good match with Tim, IMO. If Marissa wants to continue, I hope she finds a partner. Best of luck to Marissa and Mervin, whatever they choose for their next chapter.

mom2cavs

Rinkside
Yes it is sad but I don't think he will look for another partner. Another Detroit team has also broken up and I hear that a new team may be forming. Waiting for them to make the announcement they have split
:(, I do hope he'll find a partner!

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Hmmmm … FWIW, Gamelin and Pogrebinsky are best friends … and their partnerships both have ended … :popcorn:

I think Progrebinsky is too tall (174cm) for Gamelin (180cm). She's also not as slight as Min :slink: unless he decides to bulks up. There's also the problem of waiting a whole year so he could represent USA again and the US field is currently too crowded so no much chance of international exposure so I would recommed him to look first in KOR and then USA.

believed

On the Ice

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Woah... what I find interesting is that Kim Jin Seo liked Gamelin's post.

Well that escalated quickly.. :slink:

What I find odd is the statement of splitting the gofundme donations. Im not sure that's ethically correct but we'll see how this turns out.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm heartbroken over Yura and Alex! ... I really liked them, and was excited to see them at SA this year, and to continue seeing them develop as a team. And to have it play out so dramatically on social media is really disappointing. I hope they both find new partners and move on, but I don't know what's realistic at this point.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Yes, it's really a shame. They could easily have gone another quadrennium, and with all the opportunity/openings in the dance field during a post-Olympic year (something that will not come around again for four more years), it's a shame to see a relatively young team take themselves off the map.

Plus, it's yet another country dropping off the international dance scene. And Korea had three dance teams just two years ago.