2017 CS Finlandia Mens FS | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Mens FS

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
:palmf:
He totally gave up there. Which is the most worrying.

Also drop the damn 4Lz! It is not working and it is not worth it.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Wow, what was happening there? Seemed everything was out of whack.

I like Kolyada's program more than when I saw it from Lombardia. The problem is that if he's not enjoying it, it becomes more than a little bizarre.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
The Cantina sequence made me grin like a fool - loved that bit!!! And he was obviously having fun with it!

But it's just so incongruous in the middle of the somber pieces of music. Especially the way they edited the FS. :(

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
WOW ADAM MADE IT?! Amazing!!! Unexpected.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Final standings:

1. Boyang JIN 252.6
2. Vincent ZHOU 250.01
3. Adam RIPPON 249.88
4. Mikhail KOLYADA 248.50
5. Ross MINER 233.72
6. Michal BREZINA 233.28
7. Paul FENTZ 212.16
8. Andrei LAZUKIN 210.66
9. Alexander PETROV 198.57
10. Roman SADOVSKY 194.17
11. Kevin REYNOLDS 186.36
12. Valtter VIRTANEN 175.95
13. Tangxu LI 173.60
14. Samuel KOPPEL 152.83
15. Anton KARPUK 148.32
16. Bela PAPP 148.19
17. Nicola TODESCHINI 141.90
18. Daniel Albert NAURITS 137.52

Roast Toast

Medalist
I have to say, between this and Japan Open, it doesn't exactly bode well for a great Men's FS at the Olympics.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
You know the old saying, if you try to please everyone you wind up not truly pleasing anyone?

Mr Jin, that program is incoherent, scattershot, and above all random. Lori Nichol, shame on you.

A 20s-esque interlude that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever shoved randomly into the usual overproduced movie soundtrack program?

Oy. Oy. Oy.

Is it done by Lori? Otherwise she is seriously sabotaging Chinese men, as she has already been doing with Han Yan.

I thought BoYan's SP was good though, was she responsible for it?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
And Boyang gets his first international gold medal! :dance:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
You know the old saying, if you try to please everyone you wind up not truly pleasing anyone?

Mr Jin, that program is incoherent, scattershot, and above all random. Lori Nichol, shame on you.

A 20s-esque interlude that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever shoved randomly into the usual overproduced movie soundtrack program?

Oy. Oy. Oy.
I actually liked the weird music transitions in Jin's program. To me, they totally worked. They were surprising and incongruous but somehow cohesive. Think the program will make more sense when he hits his marks.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Nice work moving up Vincent! Glad Adam got a medal. :clapper:

I agree. It's a miracle that Adam was able to pull this off. Ross did well also. The US Men are truly hungry this year and it is pleasant surprise to see Adam on the podium this soon after his comeback.