2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Pairs SP

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was surprised by the difference in scores too...2 teams in and I already want to see the protocols.

I believe Valentina doubled her Sal. I'm surprised by the PCS though... would have thought they would be a bit higher.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to those protocols too. The double would make a difference, but not 5 full points worth I think. Curious what's going on. Val and Ondrej's program is absolutely adorable though!

TMC

Record Breaker
I believe Valentina doubled her Sal. I'm surprised by the PCS though... would have thought they would be a bit higher.

I was surprised at first, too - probably because I'm such a huge fan of Vale & Ondrej - but thinking about it they did seem quite a bit rougher than Nicole & Matteo. They looked like they were doing the first competition of the season, whereas Nicole & Matteo looked like they were on their tenth or something - so smooth!

zebobes

Final Flight
I was surprised at first, too - probably because I'm such a huge fan of Vale & Ondrej - but thinking about it they did seem quite a bit rougher than Nicole & Matteo. They looked like they were doing the first competition of the season, whereas Nicole & Matteo looked like they were on their tenth or something - so smooth!

Well, it would make sense, since this is a new program for Vale and Ondrej, and last season's program for Nicole and Matteo.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I wasn't watching very close with Valentina and Ondrej did their jumps, but something did look a little off so it makes sense that she doubled hers. The difference in BV + negative GOE + maybe lower PCS as a result would definitely explain it.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

:hap10::hap93:

Can't wait! My stomach is excited for them. Not nerves, just happy happy.

I just saw Ashley and Tim's warm-up twist ... is it just me, wishful thinking, or is it higher since last time I saw them? :))

TMC

Record Breaker
:hap10::hap93:

Can't wait! My stomach is excited for them. Not nerves, just happy happy.

I just saw Ashley and Tim's warm-up twist ... is it just me, wishful thinking, or is it higher since last time I saw them? :))

SUCH drama :drama: Love it

Yes it's higher!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
4 Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC (USA)

Music: I'll Take Care of You by Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa

Black-bluish sparkly jumpsuit / matching outfit

3Tw
3F - ok, she hangs on
3LzTh - hand down
3Li
PCoSp
StSq
FiDs

Solid skate

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Finally able to sit back and watch some again. Sneaking a peak at the stream during work only works when I don't have anything to do and today that's not happening. Gah, work getting in the way of figure skating, the nerve.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker

3Tw
3F - ok, she hangs on
3LzTh - hand down
3Li
PCoSp
StSq
FiDs

Solid skate

SP: 31.32+29.24 = 60.56, 3/4

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

3Tw
3F - ok, she hangs on
3LzTh - hand down
3Li
PCoSp
StSq
FiDs

Solid skate

:love:, one of my fav songs EVER, divine Beth and maestro Joe:bow:, Ashley and Tim are making me very happy!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
5 Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT (RUS)

Music: The Summer of 42

Pink, lavender ombre dress / two tone blue outfit

3Tw? - big
3T
3LoTh
3Li
StSq
PCoSp

SP:
37.98+31.24 = 69.23, 1/5

whatif

Medalist
Z/E look like ice dancers. So well-matched, so gorgeous. And also actually land stuff.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm digging the style Cain/LeDuc always bring when they skate. Even with the mistakes they're just fun to watch.

On the other hand, I really don't get drawn in to Zabiiako/Enbert's programs but I appreciate the quality of their elements. It's the one thing I consistently appreciate about Mozer's teams.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Had to mute this horrible cover of 500 Miles (the original was annoying enough)

Z/E are looking a lot better this season...they actually held my attention for once.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
6 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER (AUT)

Music: I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

Dark red dress with yellow detail / white shirt, black pants

3Tw - bit low catch
3T - she hangs on
FiDs
PCoSp
3LzTh - hands down, fall
StSq
3Li

SP: 26.56+24.24-1.00 = 49.80, 5/6

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have Zeigler/Kiefer been with the same coach for a long time? I'd love to see them try something new. I've got such a soft spot for them but it seems like they could use a change.