2017 CS Nebelhorn Ladies FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Ladies FS

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Congrats to all who won a spot for their nations! Kailani's free skate was gorgeous :dance3: But, really, who would have thought Matilda winning silver only 0.44 behind overall :clap: Good to see all of her jumps had no wrong edges and clean landings(albeit some stumbles and hand down) Sad for the ones who had hopes, but didn't make it. Very sorry for Anne Line, but nice to see Viveca winning a spot for Finland. Nordic skating needs some success nowadays.

I wonder who Sweden will send and if they will use the spot. Since both Matilda and Joshi never have been to the OG before SOC (Swedish olympic committee) tends to have way less requirements, so hopefully there will at least be a Swedish lady at OG.

There are two more ladies who might be contenders. Anita Östlund who is 16 (beat all other three at nordics last season and had a verry good jgp a few weeks back) and Isabelle Olsson who is 24 the same age as Joshi (won swedish elite series final before the other three at the end of last season). Matilda is 19.
My personal guess is that it will be Anita or Mattilda since bouth of them are young and promising enough to fulfill what SOC call the future criteria (you basically needs to have a decent chance at beeing really good at next olympics) where as my guess is that Joshi and Isabelle will be to old in 4 years to have a good chance at making the olympics and SOC will probably be harder on them because of that.

For now I think Joshi is still the stronger skater, though Matilda has the better nerves :thumbsup: I like that they now train in the same club and can push each other there. Isabelle has obviously still injury problems and withdrew from competitions this season. Anita, okay, maybe, but still juniorish... the highest jump tech though and she has financial support from the Swedish Olympic committee (together with Alexander and Joshi)

I suppose the decision will be made after nationals in December. I love that there is competition... may the best win the spot! and I hope age won't play a roll.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
For now I think Joshi is still the stronger skater, though Matilda has the better nerves :thumbsup: I like that they now train in the same club and can push each other there. Isabelle has obviously still injury problems and withdrew from competitions this season. Anita, okay, maybe, but still juniorish... the highest jump tech though and she has financial support from the Swedish Olympic committee (together with Alexander and Joshi)

I suppose the decision will be made after nationals in December. I love that there is competition... may the best win the spot! and I hope age won't play a roll.
I didnt know Isabelle withdrew thats too bad.
I agree that Joshi is the better skater and has more mature skating than Matilda (not surprsing since she is 4 years older) but she is struggling with getting her tripples fully rotated (many times 3T is the only jump without < or <<). Hopefully she can work through and fix this but if not i think Matilda (or possibly Anita) is a better choice.
Anita is juniorish but she has better jumps than the rest and pretty consisten 3-3s and she has improved (become less juniorish). It will be an interesting nationals this year hopefully they will choose the best skater then. Possibly the decision about who get to go to olympics (if any) will be decided after europenas (Majorov said in his youtub chanel that he had until then to fullfill SOKs requirement for him).

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I didnt know Isabelle withdrew thats too bad.
I agree that Joshi is the better skater and has more mature skating than Matilda (not surprsing since she is 4 years older) but she is struggling with getting her tripples fully rotated (many times 3T is the only jump without < or <<). Hopefully she can work through and fix this but if not i think Matilda (or possibly Anita) is a better choice.
Anita is juniorish but she has better jumps than the rest and pretty consisten 3-3s and she has improved (become less juniorish). It will be an interesting nationals this year hopefully they will choose the best skater then. Possibly the decision about who get to go to olympics (if any) will be decided after europenas (Majorov said in his youtub chanel that he had until then to fullfill SOKs requirement for him).
The requirement that I heard about for Majorov was like completely unreasonable. It's impossible that he'll reach it.