2017 CS Nebelhorn Mens SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Mens SP

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
havent watched everyone but have to say soo happy for Alex!! :yahoo::hap57: he is one of my favourite US men, 1st time i saw him was at Nebelhorn at 2014 where he skated to Sweeny Todd and dyed his hair to white, he is just brilliant :love::luv17: someone give him GP spot please :luv17:

I knew nothing about him but find his skating beautiful. So I looked up his skating records. He had moderate success as a junior but has never come close to any Senior podium. What's the issue with him besides having no quads?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I knew nothing about him but find his skating beautiful. So I looked up his skating records. He had moderate success as a junior but has never come close to any Senior podium. What's the issue with him besides having no quads?

dont know all the details but he had injury (broke his ankle or sth?) during olympic season and it was a set back for him, if my memory serves he attempted quad last summer i think but didnt land it, he always has interesting programs (and no warhorses :biggrin:) but never got enough international opportunities to show them

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

He has a history of bad SP's and then skyrocketing in the standings in the LP at Nationals at least the last few years (he's ended up in 6th). Well, that and injury: He tore ligaments doing a 3A in 2013 and sustained extensive nerve damage from his knee down due to surgery. He has a titanium screw in his ankle now.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
He has a history of bad SP's and then skyrocketing in the standings in the LP at Nationals at least the last few years (he's ended up in 6th). Well, that and injury: He tore ligaments doing a 3A in 2013 and sustained extensive nerve from his knee down due to surgery. He has a titanium screw in his ankle now.

wow, i was so wrong about the injury details :slink:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Congrats Jorik... skating first and outstanding among the six Olympic Games contenders :thumbsup:

vavavoom

Rinkside
I was at work, so I only had a chance to view a limited number of skaters.

All in all, I would say these are quite predictable results, aren't they? As of now, my 5 out of 6 predictions are qualifying and my 6th prediction, MCM is right behind them.

I am so happy June Hyung Lee handled the pressure so well, the Korean team must breathe a lot easier, and their chances to make the Team event are much stronger.

One thing I read that disappoints me is that Alexander Majorov is forced by his federation to obtain humongous scores, otherwise they won't send him... I presume the same applies to Swedish ladies...

I would love one surprise to happen though, as if having Estonia or Netherlands qualifying, that is a long shot but seems conceivable with a lot of luck! By the way, one of the performances I managed to see was Slavik Hayrapetian's and he was once again underscored big time!

krispy

Rinkside
I'm not that fond of MCM new program but the judges really nailed him in his PCS (he got some 4S) and his other elements too. Also I don't believe that Majarov won't be sent to the Olympics if he doesn't achieve that ridiculous score that his federation requires of him, I'm guessing its just being used to motivate him.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I'm not that fond of MCM new program but the judges really nailed him in his PCS (he got some 4S) and his other elements too. Also I don't believe that Majarov won't be sent to the Olympics if he doesn't achieve that ridiculous score that his federation requires of him, I'm guessing its just being used to motivate him.

I sort of see where those PCS came from. That short program was really rough from the arm choreography to the actual blade work.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Based on the Short Program standings, eliminating all countries who have already earned 1 or more Olympic quota spots at the 2017 World Championships, here's how the race looks for Men. 6 spots are available, as no spots have officially been returned to the pool as of today.

Belgium
Sweden
South Korea
Italy
Malaysia
Ukraine
_________
Philippines
Switzerland
Great Britain
Netherlands
Estonia
Armenia
Finland
Poland
Chinese Taipei
Bulgaria
Croatia
Mexico
Norway
Azerbaijan
Turkey
Hong Kong
Belarus
Ireland
Austria

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Zenko from Belarus is amazing.

Graham Newberry gets better and better. I believe he can nail the FS and make it! He is so good.

Team Mexico is 10 years old, let's get real.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
He was my fave so far.

I'm rooting for Julian Yee too but mainly cause he's a fellow Msian. For all his hard work & sacrificies,with hardly any goverment funding to support.
Hopefully he will become the 1st Msian to qualify for Winter OG. We dont even have winter here, lol.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I'm rooting for Julian Yee too but mainly cause he's a fellow Msian. For all his hard work & sacrificies,with hardly any goverment funding to support.
Hopefully he will become the 1st Msian to qualify for Winter OG. We dont even have winter here, lol.
LOL... that is ironic
I really loved his SP. Wishing him all the best! What a talented young man :)

eaglehelang

Final Flight
LOL... that is ironic
I really loved his SP. Wishing him all the best! What a talented young man :)

His free skate is not very strong actually, weak spins. Saw both the SP and LP at SEA Games last month(south east asian games). He won gold but there isnt a strong field here anyway.
Julian needs a better choreographer but well.. that's expensive.

sam123

On the Ice
Someone on YT said Julian's got no future as a figure skater.
The same was said about Javi before. And then much to everyone's surprise he improved and became World Champ.
Y'all, ya better watch what you said, it'll bite you back in the butt, and at the most unexpected time. I'm rooting for this boy now more than ever 😉😉😉

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Julian Yee has some of the best interpretation out there in the Mens field and his choreography, though not full of transitions and his skating skills and polish could improve to present his choreography better, is constructed in a way that is incredibly entertaining and hits the notes of his music. His skating won't be fighting for the medals this season or next, but he can make a big impact for SEA skating and what he does do right now is pretty incredible.