2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs SP

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Oberstdorf, Germany
Sep 27 - Sep 30, 2017

Thursday, 28 September 2017 at 13:05 UTC +2

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

Time in other places:

Start Order

ENTRIES

No.NameNation
1Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR
SP: Paint It Black performed by Hidden Citizen; choreo by I. Tchiniaev
FS: Tango in the Park (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Randy Edelman, The Business of Love (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Domino, You Would Be My Baby (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Vanessa Williams, Hey Pachuco (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Straight Up; choreo by Irina Zhuk
AUS
2Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP: Sunshine on Leith; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Yellow," and "Fix You," cover versions of a Coldplay medley; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
3Tatiana DANILOVA / Mikalai KAMIANCHUK
SP: Sherlock (TV series soundtrack) by David Arnold, Michael Price
FS: Games of Thrones (soundtrack) by Ramin Djawadi
BLR
4Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE
SP: "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla, performed by Marisa Lemcke; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Earth Song by Michael Jackson / "Home" by Armand Amar (reprise of 2016-17 LP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAND
5Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
SP: "LA 40" by the Mozart Tango Players (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Maurizio Margaglio
FS: Once Upon a Time (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), La Nouba (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), Pearl (from "Kooza" - Cirque du Soleil), Klezmer Moment (from "Corteo" - Cirque du Soleil); choreo by Rotislav Sinicyn
CZE
6Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM
SP: "A Day in the Life" by Paul McCartney, John Lennon, performed by Jeff Beck (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Je ne suis qu'une chanson" by Diane Justler, performed by Ginette Reno; choreo by Julie Marcotte
PRK
7Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT
SP: "Big Spender" from Sweet Charity by Cy Coleman and Dorothy Fields; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
FS: Romeo & Juliet soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
GERD
8Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP: Ameksa - Fuego by Taalbi Brothers, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
FS: "La Terre vue du ciel by Armand Amar, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
GERD
9Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI
SP: It's A Man's World performed by Seal; choreo by Mark Hanretty
FS: Who Wants To Live Forever performed by The Tenors ft. Lindsey Stirling; choreo by Mark Hanretty
GBR
10Darja BEKLEMISCSEVA / Mark MAGYAR
SP: The Deer by Woodkid, choreo by Alexander Gazsi
FS: "Listen" from the Dreamgirls soundtrack by Beyoncé, and "One Night Only" by Beyoncé Knowles, Sharon Leal, Anika Noni Rose; choreo by Alexander Gazsi
HUN
11Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI
SP: Ghost, the musical; choreo by Galit Chait
FS: Schindler's List soundtrack by John Williams; choreo by Galit Chait
ISR
12Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET
SP: "Sakura" (Spring Blossom) by Naotaro Moriyama, performed by Andre Rieu (Reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Beatles medley: "Girl," "Let It Be" (cover),"All My Loving," "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (cover); choreo by Julie Marcotte
JPN
13Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM
SP: Queen medley: "Another One Bites the Dust," "We Will Rock You;" choreo by Yeaji Shin
FS: Across the Universe Soundtrack, including "Girl" & "Hey Jude" by The Beatles; choreo by Yeaji Shin
KOR
14Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
FS: Candyman by Christina Aguilera; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
RUSD
15Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU
SP: "Unchained Melody" from the Ghost soundtrack; choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
FS: Romeo and Juliet by Abel Kornzeniowski, including "Come Gentle Night," "The Cheek of the Night," and "A Thousand Times Goodnight; choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
ESP
16Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC
SP: I’ll Take Care of You” as covered by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa; choreo by Serge Onik and Cordero Zuckerman
FS: Bang Bang (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), Young and Beautiful (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack; choreo by Serge Onik, G. & S. Arena,and Cordero Zuckerman
USAD

D - Not for OWG Qualification

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley and Tim !:love: :hap10: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

If anyone has not seen Kim and Kim from Korea, get ready! They are a cracklin' team. With Beatles music to boot.:luv17:

Looking forward to Katia and Harley as well!

:thank: Doris, for getting the times etc. up :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Can I pre-emptively die? Because I'm going to pre-emptively die. Of nerves.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There are some strong teams here not competing for an Olympic spot. It'll be interesting to see S/M and T/M go head to head and I'm looking forward to seeing Ruest/Wolfe compete.

Then we have 11 teams competing for the four spots. I've listed them in order of their 2016-17 seasons best.

1. Duskova/Bidar (CZE) - 189.09
2. Ryom/Kim (PRK) - 169.65
3. Ziegler/Kiefer (AUT) - 165.63
4. Suto/Boudreau-Audet (JPN) - 164.96
5. Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (AUS) - 164.10
6. Danilova/Kamianchuk (BLR) - 151.55
7. Jones/Boyadji (GBR) - 143.42
8. Kim/Kim (KOR) - 140.68
No 2016-17 seasons best
- Beklemiscseva/Magyar (HUN)
- Connors/Krasnopolski (ISR)
- Barquero/Maestu (ESP)

Then I looked at head to head competitions between them last season:
- Worlds 2017: Duskova/Bidar (14th, 179.70), Ryom/Kim (15th, 169.65), Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (16th, 164.10), Suto/Boudreau-Audet (17th, 61.70 SP), Ziegler/Kiefer (18th, 61.01 SP), Danilova/Kamianchuk (23rd, 51.79 SP), Beklemiscseva/Magyar (24th, 45.96 SP), Jones/Boyadji (26th, 44.33)
- Junior Worlds 2017: Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (1st, 163.98), Kim/Kim (8th, 135.29)
- Asian Winter Games: Ryom/Kim (3rd, 177.40), Kim/Kim (4th, 149.40)
- Junior Grand Prix Final: Duskova/Bidar (2nd, 167.76), Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (5th, 141.36)
- NHK Trophy 2016: Ziegler/Kiefer (6th, 161.91), Suto/Boudreau-Audet (7th, 161.85)
- JGP Czech: Duskova/Bidar (1st, 161.49), Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (8th, 137.05), Kim/Kim (13th, 107.16)
- Ondrej Nepela: Jones/Boyadji (6th, 129.30), Kim/Kim (7th, 118.00)

Duskova/Bidar competed against eight of the ten teams they are competing against for an Olympic spot here (some only in the SP at Worlds), and beat all of them last season.
Kim/Kim competed against three of the other teams and lost to all of them.
Both times Suto/Boudreau-Audet and Ziegler/Kiefer went head to head they were extremely close in scores.

Then looking at those teams who have competed already this season:
- JGP Brisbane: Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (151.50) **I believe junior comps have more technical restrictions at least in the SP (ETA: JGP Riga, not Brisbane)
- Lombardia: Ziegler/Kiefer (6th, 155.90), Barquero/Maestu (7th, 140.24), Beklemiscseva/Magyar (8th, 113.00)
- US Classic: Connors/Krasnopolski (165.38), Suto/Boudreau-Audet (153.60)
- Quebec Summer Championship: Ryom/Kim (2nd, 181.00), Suto/Boudreau-Audet (7th, 140.86)

My Predictions

Duskova/Bidar (CZE) will definitely qualify. The Spanish, South Korean and Hungarian teams definitely won't. That leaves three spots and eight teams. Ryom/Kim and Connors/Krasnopolski have looked the best of those who've competed (I know you can't compare the Quebec scores to Challengers, but I watched and they looked really good). The Japanese, Austrians and Australians are the other teams that you'd expect to have a good chance to qualify, although it's early in the season so of course anything can happen. I'm impressed with the Isrealis given that they are a new team. They did another summer competition and looked good there too.

Predicted qualifiers: Duskova/Bidar, Ryom/Kim, Connors/Krasnopolsk and one of JPN, AUS, AUT. Let's say Alexandrovskaya/Windsor.

euroskate

Final Flight
very good summary. thank you!

i guess clean program is the Name of the game!

if North koreans get a spot it is not out of the possibilities that they are not being sent and we are going to have a lucky loser. this happend already to austrians (first in waiting and another pair did not get passport in time) so well see if history repeats

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
- JGP Brisbane: Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (151.50) **I believe junior comps have more technical restrictions at least in the SP

Pssst: there were no pairs at JGP Brisbane. ;)

nimi

Medalist
The live stream is geo blocked!:palmf:
Do you mean it will be geoblocked when the competitions start, or do you mean it's just geoblocked now (when they are maybe testing things or something and don't want their "testing, testing" stuff broadcasted around the world)?

euroskate

Final Flight
europe on ice just reported from Nebelhorn that France is NOT using their 2nd pair spot so there are going to be FIVE spots available :yahoo:

alto sad for 2nd French Team. or do they have citizenship Problems??

GF2445

Record Breaker
I have heard word via twitter that France will not be using their second quota spot for Pairs, so there are 5 spots available.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brisbane... Riga... Close enough! ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyB0SfAB8q0

A/W did the obligatory 2Lz as their sbs jump and 3Lo as their throw in JGP (link above). In Helsinki last spring, they did 3T and 3FTh in SP, so I think that might be the layout for Nebelhorn, too?

Yeah, for junior SP, the sbs is the 2Lz and the throw has to be a loop entry. The throw loop has proved to be not a favourite for Ekaterina. She is more of the salchow and flip type. And for Harley, he looks like the 2A,3T,3S sort of jumper and not a 2Lz sort of jumper.

nimi

Medalist
As far as citizenship issues and Oly spots go...

I heard a word that Bruno failed to pass his German oral test for the 2nd time...
So I'm getting slightly worried about his citizenship process... :slink:

euroskate

Final Flight

I heard a word that Bruno failed to pass his German oral test for the 2nd time...

oh ****....:scratch2::pray:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Do you mean it will be geoblocked when the competitions start, or do you mean it's just geoblocked now (when they are maybe testing things or something and don't want their "testing, testing" stuff broadcasted around the world)?

When I click live stream on both pairs and ladies, I get the geo blocked message. Other times it was just an off line message, never geo blocked unless it is blocked...I really hope it's a glitch.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
When I click live stream on both pairs and ladies, I get the geo blocked message. Other times it was just an off line message, never geo blocked unless it is blocked...I really hope it's a glitch.
I get it, too, and I'm right next to Germany. :sad4:

nimi

Medalist
I'm not an AV professional, but you can't really test how your event's streaming is working if your stream is offline, right? But if you want to test things beforehand (which I sure hope they're doing!) during practices or something, one thing you can do is to stream it online but geoblock it so that the whole world isn't privy to your testing and possible screw ups and problem solving?

pearly

Record Breaker

That's bad news. When is the deadline?

As for France not using their second spot, there was a discussion on whether that spot would go to USA, who had the points but were still cut off after Worlds. But it won't and it's still up for grabs at Nebelhorn, right?