2017 CS US International Classic Ladies FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Ladies FS

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Kaori's costume looks so humble among this lot. not a sparkle in sight.
Amelie?

andromache

Record Breaker
So I haven't seen Amelie, so maybe it's very relevant, but the doll-like miming is too much for me.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Uhh the choreography is as quirky as the movie. There's a bit she drooped like a rag doll?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So I haven't seen Amelie, so maybe it's very relevant, but the doll-like miming is too much for me.

I expected the choreo to be very odd and "different" since Benoit Richaud did it.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Aw they made that middle part look even weirder than it was before. She looks exhausted too...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

I don't think she has either. Sparks is missing, charm, fun, quirky, fantasy, surprise, delight are what one would imagine from an Amelie program.

Or she could have just having a bad day.. do better next time!!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The opening choreo has me intrigued...

combo looked strong
slight check on the landing of her next jump
she's keeping the mime/puppet/doll theme strong
Oh no! A pop turns into a fall
but gets the next combo back
Spins are good, but slow down a little
STRONG 3 jump combo right on the music
Ack! Another pop
But nails the next jump
Ends on a decent spin

Overall, I liked her commitment to the choreo and theme. The way she kept bouncing between pop and nailing her jumps make me think it was nerves. I hope she can shake them off

Kara

Final Flight
Loved how her 2A-3-2 (?) combo was sooo on time with the music at the end. Lovely. Just wish her dress was a brighter shade of green...It's not that flattering...

andromache

Record Breaker
Kaori has beautiful jumps, but she's not a natural performer at all. I think a few years of development will do wonders for her though, especially if she stays semi-consistent and those jumps stay effortless.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just got here. Lol. I've been working on a powerpoint presentation that's worth 25% of my grade for one class and this is a nice way to treat myself lol.