2017 Glacier Falls FSC Summer Classic | Golden Skate

2017 Glacier Falls FSC Summer Classic

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've seen this event mentioned a bunch of times, but the didn't seem to be a thread for it, so here.

This event is sanctioned by US Figure Skating and Skate Canada.

Date: July 27th - July 30th
Competition Announcement: http://comp.entryeeze.com/Files/Glacier Falls Announcement1.pdf
Links to the tentative online schedule can be found here: http://comp.entryeeze.com/home.aspx?cid=18

Unofficial entry list: https://unseenskaters.wordpress.com...lls-summer-classic-preliminary-sr-jr-entries/

Skaters of note include Mariah Bell, Karen Chen, Polina Edmunds, Vivian Le, Mae Berenice Meite (FRA), Caroline Zhang and Kaitlyn Nguyen in senior ladies. In senior men, Jason Brown, Grant Hochstein, Brendan Kerry (AUS), Ross Miner, Michael Christian Martinez (PHI), and Sean Rabbitt are all listed.

No live streaming will be provided, but video of the Senior and Junior Men/Ladies events will be provided to Icenetwork.com after the competition is over for free viewing.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
New Jason programs AND new Brendan programs! I can hardly wait!

Lenny318

On the Ice
I've been waiting for this all summer.

I REALLY hope I get out of lab early so I can make it in time for Jason's short but I doubt the freeway traffic will be kind to me.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Does anyone know where / if results will be posted? I'm surprised there is so little attention being paid to this thread in that the competition started today. Right on that?

Lenny318

On the Ice
Does anyone know where / if results will be posted? I'm surprised there is so little attention being paid to this thread in that the competition started today. Right on that?

The juniors started today and the seniors start tomorrow.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So the translate tools are totally off, but it sounds like Jason had trouble with the quad, but did OK on everything else.

If someone can translate the tweet, that would be good :
ジェイソン、クワド惜しくも転倒。アクセル堪え、コンボオッケーでした。プログラムはまだこれからだと思うけど、後半ステップもスピンも素晴らしかった

frida80

Record Breaker
Welp I just got here I'm so sad I missed all the men short programs and Karen Chen. Dang.

None of us can see anything yet. We're relying on news from twitter. The next person I'm waiting for is Mariah then Polina.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welp I just got here I'm so sad I missed all the men short programs and Karen Chen. Dang.

Lenny318, you mean you are at the rink, right? Bummer about missing the men!

We will still expect reports on what you see tonight and tomorrow:)

Lenny318

On the Ice
Lol I'll do better tomorrow with the note taking. I don't have my fave seat by the outlet and I forgot my notebook. Mae B was fun though. I want to say Mariah should have gone or I misread the start order list...