2016 Glacier Falls Summer Classic | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Glacier Falls Summer Classic

Layback11

Record Breaker
Just watched the fan cam of Mariah's SP.

Conclusion: that was THE MOSTEST FUN and I want her to get Skate America because it's SO FUN and the CHOREOGRAPHY IS TOO PERFECT FOR WORDS and I CANNOT STOP TYPING IN CAPS. :biggrin: :yahoo:

I find that in extremely exciting situations, "mostest" is quite a useful word. :p

Lenny318

On the Ice
Caroline Zhang 3flip/2 toe, 1 lz, 3t, 3 loop (3turns)/3 loop, 3 flip/1 toe/ 1 loop, 2a, 2a. Music sounded like Nella Fantasy or The Mission. Lovely program and dress!

BeenJammin

Rinkside
Just watched the fan cam of Mariah's SP.

Conclusion: that was THE MOSTEST FUN and I want her to get Skate America because it's SO FUN and the CHOREOGRAPHY IS TOO PERFECT FOR WORDS and I CANNOT STOP TYPING IN CAPS. :biggrin: :yahoo:

I find that in extremely exciting situations, "mostest" is quite a useful word. :p

I completely agree!!

Itzme

Rinkside
Very strong, dynamic program to Evita by Paige! Good speed and energy, just a bit bigger presence on the ice, but very promising

Lenny318

On the Ice
Mariah Bell- 3 lz/3 toe, 3 loop, 2a/2t, 3 flip/0.5 loop/3 sal (foot and hand down but didn't sit), 3 lz, 2a, 3 flip. This program is beautiful! Ahhh just lovely! :)

just wondering

On the Ice
Thank you @Lenny318. Great reporting again tonight.
I had so much fun reading everything that I promise if I ever attend one of these summer competitions, I will be sure to report what I see.
Great fun!!!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Jason's SP was very polished considering it is so early in the season, although he has a bit of work to do for me to love it.

Am I the only one who was reminded of Josh's Shindler's List program? Maybe it was the violin and the introspection.

What is his long to again? I've forgotten.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The United States is totally committed to having no quad winners. It worked with lysacek can it work with Brown

No, I don´t believe it would work with Brown... The field is much stronger now. And it worked with Lysacek only because Takahashi self-destructed in the freeskate by trying to jump his incosistent quad and Plushenko´s jumps were not really on and his lack of choreography was too obvious (it definitely was no COP-program).

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I agree... even someone with one stellar quad like Patrick has little chance of winning when some have 2 or 3 quads nowadays.... I liked Jason's performance today but he even repeats the 2A twice... his 3A has improved a lot though... but yeah.... some do 3 or 4 quads.... then you have the people like Patrick with 2 quads.... then you have skaters who do 1 quad..... it's getting tough... Lysacek was lucky... weird competition there.... I don't think Brown can even podium at this point.

Another topic... I watched his program... and this is a question, not a statement : is it slow? I felt he did a lot of gorgeous positions but at the same time, it seemed stuck... like his ice coverage gets there but very slowly.... maybe it's the shooting... i wasn't in the arena but yeah... i felt he was staying in place a bit too much... Finaly, wow at the spins... those were very gorgeous...
No, I don´t believe it would work with Brown... The field is much stronger now. And it worked with Lysacek only because Takahashi self-destructed the freeskate be trying to jump a quad and Plushenko had no choreography and his jumps were not on.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
I agree with the above. Since 2010 quads have made a comeback with vengeance. Even if Jason could score 95 in SP in an international competition, he would be some 10-15 points behind what 4-5 other guys (Chan, Fernàndez, Hanyu, Jin, Uno; and maybe even others this season?) can get. And the difference will be even greater after FS. Those veeeeeeeery long preparatory edges before most jumps are also a bit of a no-no for me...

Also, his both programs are very, very similar - which might be because of him still recovering from the back injury (I remember him needing to do something slower in the spring)? His movement is pretty but somehow a little dull and a little weak in my eyes. In the FS the expression is very similar from start to finish and although there is an attempt towards more intensity at the end when the music changes, it does not really work at least in this performance.

E

crzesk8dad

Rinkside
Country
United-States
totals from Jackie

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/759570230502907905

1 Brown 277.87
2 Zhou 229.24
3 Dolensky 225.41
4 Rabbitt 220.77
5 Kerry 206.12
6 Miner 203.55
7 Hochstein 202.47

Was hoping Sean would get a medal... ohh well. I am thinking that Tim has probably earned the Skate America spot after this... unless Zhou is really going full on senior and they go with him.

Actually, Sean did medal. We follow the US standard, he received the pewter. (For the record he was 3rd in SP, 3 in FS, but 4th overall. One of the mysteries of IJS. :-( )

Last edited: