2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens SP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens SP

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
ok not too bad. gotta hit the jumps tomorrow.

awwww that veggie toy

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
That was alright ShoSho! Coming back from the Flu is no joke! He looks so exhausted!:cry:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I wonder how they score this, because in my book he should place behind Samarin and ahead Kvitelashvili, but the inflation game has begun...

EDIT: yep, second but he should have been third.

Warwick360

Medalist
No he's 6th place in his first event.

I know that he was 6th. But could any other skater imploding assist his chance? Or is it Game Over? I remember Ashely's chances being on a knife's edge in 2014, granted that she did come 4th, as opposed to 6th, in one of her GP and still managed to qualify.

Crystal7

Final Flight
It's beautiful in spite of these mistakes. Really. I adore that artistic aspect of his skating. It's true, it's real. He really feels it. And these situations when the classical piece of music is chosen and choreography fits so well are rare.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Plastic lettuce must be the weirdest thing that's been thrown on ice by a fan. :/

They had spring onions in China, they are meant to have a get together and create a stir fry.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Does Javi have any chance of making GPF if he comes first here? Does he have any chance if any of the skater which could be possibly named ends up underperforming, especially considering both Yuzuru and Chan are out of the GPF contention?

If he wins, he gets 20 points. It seems unlikely and would require some people to bomb their way out of 22+ points but the way things are going, who knows....

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Shoma Uno

A hard fall on the 4F; he was tilted back in the air so really had no chance to land the jump. But he was able to execute a fantastic 4T+3T and a good 3A to follow. The sweeping edges in his footwork are gorgeous, as always, and his interpretation of Vivaldi's Winter is chock full of gravitas. He has a wonderful quality of holding a move in time with the music before doing another move very quickly. But he will likely suffer on the technical mark with that fall and likely < on the 4F.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
My feeling is Denis is really underscored in PCS today overall, but then he did come from a nobody federation, skated early and coming back from a slump. Soo :shrug:

Warwick360

Medalist
Ladies of COC....I still miss you guys all together. I say "together" considering how individually, they seem to have bombed so badly here. :palmf:

icybear

Medalist
I think people should stop calling cup of china cup of disaster and give the title to france instead

starla16

Medalist
I know that he was 6th. But could any other skater imploding assist his chance? Or is it Game Over? I remember Ashely's chances being on a knife's edge in 2014, granted that she did come 4th, as opposed to 6th, in one of her GP and still managed to qualify.

I think Shoma needs to be place 6th same for Voronov and Javier 1st here
Bychenko has high chance of medaling here so... so its complicated.