Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Oct 20 - Oct 22, 2017
Moscow, Russia

Men's Short Program
Friday, 20 October 2017, 14:00 UTC +3

Time in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1​
1Andrei LAZUKIN
RUS
2Moris KVITELASHVILI
GEO
3Denis TEN
KAZ
4Nam NGUYEN
CAN
5Grant HOCHSTEIN
USA
6Misha GE
UZB
Warm-Up Group 2
7Deniss VASILJEVS
LAT
8Dmitri ALIEV
RUS
9Daniel SAMOHIN
ISR
10Nathan CHEN
USA
11Mikhail KOLYADA
RUS
12Yuzuru HANYU
JPN

No.NameNation
1Nam NGUYEN
SP: "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Joseph William Morgan; choreo by David Wilson
FS: An American in Paris (plus "Love is Here to Stay") by George Gershwin (2016-17 LP); choreo by David Wilson
CAN
2Daniel SAMOHIN
SP: "It's a Man's World" performed by Seal; choreo by Irina Samohin, Olga Volozhinskaia, N. Morozov
FS: "Two Angels" by N. Erdenko; choreo by Irina Samohin, Olga Volozhinskaia, N. Morozov
ISR
3Moris KVITELASHVILI
SP: "Feeling Good" by Michael Buble; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz
FS: "Radioactive," "Dream" and "Believe" by Imagine Dragons; choreo by Alexei Zhelezniakov
GEO
4Yuzuru HANYU
SP: Ballade No. 1 in G Minor, Plus 23, by Chopin (2014-2015 program); choreo by Jeffrey Buttle
FS: Seimei (Onmyoji soundtrack by Shigeru Umebayashi) 2015-16 LP with new music cuts
JPN
5Denis TEN
SP: "Tu Sei" by Vittorio Grigolo; choreo by David Wilson
FS: "SOS d'un terrain," performed by Dimash Kudaibergen; choreo by David Wilson
KAZ
6Deniss VASILJEVS
SP: "Recondita armonia" from Tosca by Giacomo Puccini; choreo by Stephane Lambiel, Salome Brunner
FS: "Put the Blame On Mame" by Doctor 3, "Anyone to Love" by Michael Bublé and "Sway" by Michael Bublé; choreo by Stephane Lambiel, Salome Brunner
LAT
7Dmitri ALIEV
SP: "Masquerade Waltz" by Aram Khachaturian; choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov, Alexander Rachinski
FS: To Build A Home by Cinematic Orchestra; choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov, Alexander Rachinski
RUS
8Mikhail KOLYADA
SP: Piano Concerto no. 23, Adagio movement, by Mozart, Tango; choreo by Olga Kliushnichenko
FS: Steamroller Blues by Elvis Presley, Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley, Rip It Up by Elvis Presley; choreo by Olga Kliushnichenko
RUS
9Andrei LAZUKIN
SP: Malaguena (from "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" soundtrack); choreo. by Tatiana Prokofieva
FS: Masquerade Waltz by Aram Khatchaturian; choreo. by Tatiana Prokofieva
RUS
10Nathan CHEN
SP: "Nemesis" by Benjamin Clementine; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: "Brush Dance (Zhang Ban Qiao)" from the Mao's Last Dancer soundtrack; The Rite of Spring by Stravinsky, "Village Dance and Finale" from Mao's Last Dancer
USA
11Grant HOCHSTEIN
SP: Your Song from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack; choreo by Peter Oppergard
FS: Music of The Night from Phantom of the Opera; choreo by Peter Oppegard
USA
12Misha GE
SP: Ave Maria by Ikuko Kawai; choreo by Misha Ge
FS: Méditation from Thaïs by Jules Massenet; choreo by Misha Ge
UZB

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Keiji's injury was due to a fall during practice. In the news it is reported that the injury will take 3 weeks to heal. Hopefully he can make it to his next GP assignment (COC).

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Darn to bad about Kenji. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Moris was added :hap10: So many of my favorite men are here now! Dima, Deniss, Yuzuru, Misha Ge, Daniel :yahoo: Can't wait!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a very strong field.

I am interested in seeing if the top contenders will view this as an early test of strength and will against each other and come out guns-blazing... or if they will just continue to slowly build on the season.

I'm betting on the second, but that there will be plenty of sideways glances at each other.

mrrice

Record Breaker
The Men's field is as deep as the Ocean. Whoever wins will have some serious momentum going forward. Good luck to everyone!!

nekun

On the Ice
as I remember Yuzu never won his first senior GP in his whole senior career, so yeahh my expectation is low in this one

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Moris was added :hap10: So many of my favorite men are here now! Dima, Deniss, Yuzuru, Misha Ge, Daniel :yahoo: Can't wait!

I love Moris. He's from my "adopted Federation."

Go Georgia! The Flag with Five Crosses!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
my heart goes to Misha, Daniel, Deniss and Grant - I wish each of them a fabulous showing, I'm in love already in Misha's and Deniss' programs, each of them is a great performer:)

and I am curious about Denis Ten's programs...I do wish he would come up with something like FS he had probably 3 seasons ago, this one with 'Caruso' SP - it was original, quirky, unique and its performance at 4CC therefore is one of those I'm getting back to with pleasure

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I feel this time Yuzu is going to win this, but on the other hand old good statistics is absolutely against my feelings but once he should break the tradition and win his 1st GP right?! :laugh:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Wow, Moris is in!!! That's absolutely fab!:rock: Moris on the podium would be so fantastic!
Alongside him, I'm rooting for the Russian boys and wish Nam and Yuzu best of luck. It's true, I'm also not convinced that Yuzu will be at his very best, but I do loooooooooooove Seimei and I'm very much looking forward to it.
Speedy recovery to Keiji!

Good and healthy skates, guys! :party:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I am curious to see this competition. I have the feeling none of the favourites will skate that well honestly.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I am curious to see this competition. I have the feeling none of the favourites will skate that well honestly.

Well, if the favorites don't skate well they could find themselves off the Podium. I'm pulling for Mikhail because he's at home but, with this many World Team members, there's no way you're going to medal with a weak performance.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I would not call this a very strong field, at least not based on Challenger-series. But of course this is still rather early in the season and in spite of that I would expect to see Hanyu and Chen on the podium. Kolyada was not very convincing at Finlandia Trophy, dropping from any medals after a good short program. That of course happens to Russian male singles skaters rather often early in the season. They have their sp ready but have not enough stamina to manage through the freeskate. The lack of complete run-throughs? Anyway, it will be interesting to watch how he manages it in this competition.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I would not call this a very strong field, at least not based on Challenger-series. But of course this is still rather early in the season and in spite of that I would expect to see Hanyu and Chen on the podium. Kolyada was not very convincing at Finlandia Trophy, dropping from any medals after a good short program. That of course happens to Russian male singles skaters rather often early in the season. They have their sp ready but have not enough stamina to manage through the freeskate. The lack of complete run-throughs? Anyway, it will be interesting to watch how he manages it in this competition.

At least a few of them do complete run-throughs. Every coach is different.

Kolyada has never medaled on a GP to date, but I am sure he will be propped up here as the national champ. I hope Dima does not get stiffed on PCS as the default #2 Russian man, but I'm prepared for the worst.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I have the feeling that none of the favorites particularly care about placement here. I think for them it will be more about a slow progression of building their programs.

Of course, that's not to say they wouldn't love to win. But I don't look for anyone to present a 7 quad competition, and I expect we will be seeing those later in the season.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Well, if the favorites don't skate well they could find themselves off the Podium. I'm pulling for Mikhail because he's at home but, with this many World Team members, there's no way you're going to medal with a weak performance.

actually i consider Hanyu, Chen and Kolyada as the favourites here and i am pretty sure that even with a not great skate Hanyu and Chen will be on the podium. I am pulling for Kolyada too but given how he has skated in his challenger events i would say he could be worried by Aliev