2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

LadyB

Record Breaker
And panties drop. I'm just not sure why? Is panties a bad word in Russia?

This makes me think of the trainings camp pics from Italy, when Vladimir got them off for the girls....:laugh::thumbsup:

Anyway, I'm very happy. I do like T/M, don't get me wrong, just don't like the music. They are on top of the game when it comes to all things technical. I liked last season's music more and that Irish number in 2015-16 was fantastic. I love their SP though, and their costumes.
I'm totally sure, Ksenia & Fedor will get their act together and I stick by it, nobody can present passion like them.

Kristina & Alexei deserved their moment in the sun. It might be the only one in GP they have and they probably won't make it to the final. So, why not.

Just as an after thought: I can imagine T/M becoming Olympic champions, but I cannot imagine they'll be wearing these costumes....

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
oh vey, just saw the results (I'm cleaning and cooking to make time for Ladies) - can someone just tell me if Kristina and Alexei were happy for socres and medal?:)

I hope this puts them solidly in the running for the Olympics. Astakhova/Rogonov are rougher around the edges that Zabiiako/Enbert but I connect much more with their skating.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS224.2511video
2Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS204.4322video
3Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS199.1143video
4Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA193.6334video
5Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU CAN186.1655
6Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT175.0667
7Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN USA170.5376video
8Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET JPN136.8088video

QuadThrow

Medalist
Honestly your are right.

Probably D/R will be in the last group instead of J/C. J/C strength is the FS and D/R can push their scores more in the SP with their 3Lz.

Lana05

Final Flight
I think this new FS isn't fr away from their typical programs. It's their style which they used whole life. And I always engoy them. Maybe before they start winning medals you guys just didn't notice that.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
On the brighter side they would look super cute with those costumes on Olympic podium!

It would be possible if they will rock solid with elements or S/H will screw up their own programs at NHK.

I think the judges are more than ready to reward S/K if they go clean. Everyone can see their quality. Not to take anything from S/H who are as amazing. My point: if both teams go clean it will be close and will depend on TES. Just IMO

skatemouse

On the Ice
In T/M's program? I missed the line.
I agree offensive. drop panties, It isn't the word panties but DROP. (In the world now with Hollywood etc bad form especially now) Surely we can have a dance or skate in which the team and pair can emote love, sex, and feeling with their bodies without words. Emotion is so missing now. The elements are decent but the emotion is gone and now the words say what the bodies should say. SAD day. The costumes are just more offensive though. Don't get it at all.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I agree offensive. drop panties, It isn't the word panties but DROP. (In the world now with Hollywood etc bad form especially now) Surely we can have a dance or skate in which the team and pair can emote love, sex, and feeling with their bodies without words. Emotion is so missing now. The elements are decent but the emotion is gone and now the words say what the bodies should say. SAD day. The costumes are just more offensive though. Don't get it at all.
I didn't really hear any of the lyrics. I was too busy rolling my eyes at their choice of program haha

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Because maybe this is their taste level and this is what they want to skate to? Esp. Vladimir doesn't come across as somebody who doesn't have a mind of his own...

I've given up coming up with conspiracy theories and "ooooh they're being sabotaged". Maybe this is who they are as skaters, at least at this points of their careers.

Also the judges are loving it. :shrug:

I think it's the elements and great skating technique they love. Actually I'm glad they don't get marked down according to purely taste of the judges reasons.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I think the Italian pair is kind of robbed. How would the third Russian pair get the same PCS as the italias’ ? Simply unfair.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Tarasova/Morozov were in a class of their own and they deserved the first place. The marks S/K and A/R got are another slap on the face of figure skating. I would put M/H in second and maybe A/R in third together with the Canadians. Actually S/B were ditched in the SP. In the long, Charley made some costly mistakes in the sbs jumps.
So, this is just some sort of soft Russian roulette game

withwings

On the Ice
Tarasova/Morozov were in a class of their own and they deserved the first place. The marks S/K and A/R got are another slap on the face of figure skating. I would put M/H in second and maybe A/R in third together with the Canadians. Actually S/B were ditched in the SP. In the long, Charley made some costly mistakes in the sbs jumps.

Yes, it was Russian roulette game. And, yes, S.B were purposely ditched, PURPOSELY.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't think that T/M music is so much worse than all the other Lala lands out there. At least it's not an other generic slow and sappy pop song...

It's cheesy & forgettable though, and that wannabe sexy part in the middle makes me cringe as they don't quite pull it off. All those music cuts / choices are also rather glitchy as is choreography. It does not help either that I can't stand Aguilera but there are skaters who can make me forget about such details and love their programs & skating even despite the music but T/M are not such sadly.

There's no doubt about their technical ability though, their throws and twist are jaw-dropping.

Today I was most impressed by Astakhova / Rogonov & Kiefer / Ziegler though. They both have come such a long way and their performances were brilliant.

whatif

Medalist
This was rather sad competition. I am actually warming up to S/K's Carmen. I can see it singing when they land "stuff". But will they????

So I can see both T/M and S/K making it to GPF? Unless S/K drop below 2nd place in Japan.

gold12345

Medalist

It was very close after the SP, but Seguin/Bilodeau had several little issues in the LP that added up. Aside from the jumps, there was a shaky lift, lvl 1 death spiral, 2 foot on a throw, their twist and lifts don't get great GOE.

Stolbova/Klimov's PCS were higher than I thought they'd be with the falls plus the other error. That was World medalist PCS. Their twist may have been marginally better than yesterday, but still -GOE worthy. The +1s were excessive. She is fantastic as Carmen, yes, but why can't we give a rough twist minuses when it's appropriate.

slider11

Medalist
I know they have alot to do to earn the respect of international judges, but I would like to see Castelli and Mervin be given another GP or at least a Challenger to get some more experience. Those darn SBS jumps are pulling them down but they have such magnificent lifts and overall skating skills. They are an unlikely bid for the US one pairs spot because of his citizenship issues and because they probably would not surpass the Knierims BUT if they are in for the long haul, and I hope they are, let's give them some exposure!

GGFan

Record Breaker
I know they have alot to do to earn the respect of international judges, but I would like to see Castelli and Mervin be given another GP or at least a Challenger to get some more experience. Those darn SBS jumps are pulling them down but they have such magnificent lifts and overall skating skills. They are an unlikely bid for the US one pairs spot because of his citizenship issues and because they probably would not surpass the Knierims BUT if they are in for the long haul, and I hope they are, let's give them some exposure!

I want this to happen for them but in skating you generally have to take your opportunities when you can get them. At no point have they shown they can handle the pressure and put together some magic on ice. For example, I/M are not great jumpers but they give us moments. Marissa and Mervin are still searching for a connection on the ice. I'm crossing my fingers . . .