2017 GP Skate Canada Mens SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Mens SP

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Sure but if they start to call the prerotation Shoma is screwed basically :laugh:

Well, I'm full for strict and fair judging on tech elements as it should be. I'm tired of tech callers closing their eyes on topic of cheated take offs.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Well, I'm full for strict and fair judging on tech elements as it should be. I'm tired of tech callers closing their eyes on topic of cheated take offs.

They usually don't bother about the prerotation, it's a common issue for many skaters even males nowadays because of the quads.

In male figure skating they don't look even at the edge of these jumps that much, if you notice Jason very clear flat edge on the lutz or Shoma's flutz which are evident even here in practice.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Hey, where are all the Patrick fans on this thread. The ladies are up to 11 pages.

Now that Patrick is considered an underdog, he's pretty much left alone until he skates. No bashing no defending. His fans celebrate him on his fan thread in peace. It's Kaetlyn's turn to draw all the allegations of over scoring before she or anybody else has even skated. She's even dragged into unrelated threads for bashing these days, which of course roused her defense. So it goes.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm kind of in a very Zen place about Patrick. I'm fine if he wins, I'm fine if he doesn't. I just want him to skate well and be happy. He seems to really like his material and when he skates well he is beautiful to watch. The TES might, now, be a problem but that doesn't change that he, imo, has a lovely line and feel for music. Maybe if people could just chill and enjoy his skating rather than frothing at the bit over his marks they might find something to really enjoy about Patrick's skating. Maybe now it's unlikely he will win a medal in the men's event at the Olympics more people will learn to enjoy what Patrick brings to the table.

I'm not so Zen about Shoma though.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm kind of in a very Zen place about Patrick. I'm fine if he wins, I'm fine if he doesn't. I just want him to skate well and be happy. He seems to really like his material and when he skates well he is beautiful to watch. The TES might, now, be a problem but that doesn't change that he, imo, has a lovely line and feel for music. Maybe if people could just chill and enjoy his skating rather than frothing at the bit over his marks they might find something to really enjoy about Patrick's skating. Maybe now it's unlikely he will win a medal in the men's event at the Olympics more people will learn to enjoy what Patrick brings to the table.

I'm not so Zen about Shoma though.

Me in a nutshell! Go Patrick....

Now, don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy:yay:

Debrah

On the Ice
Hey, Patrick uber here! MaiKatze you are so wrong about Chanfans being "dust in the wind", au contraire we are currently on our knees getting ready to jump up and sing Haleluah, cuz we KNOW Chan CAN, LOL!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Me in a nutshell! Go Patrick....

Now, don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy:yay:

hehe.. does this mean you used to froth? Does Golden Skate provide napkins?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hey, Patrick uber here! MaiKatze you are so wrong about Chanfans being "dust in the wind", au contraire we are currently on our knees getting ready to jump up and sing Haleluah, cuz we KNOW Chan CAN, LOL!

Get up! Get up! He won't be doing Hallelujah until tomorrow evening! You are going to have some serious cramps by then if you stay on your knees.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hey, I am a Takahashi Lover at heart. It's hard to let go of year long resentment....hehehe....

I get that. It's hard to see your favourite not be the judges favourite. I spent years being a fan of skaters that were overlooked. Especially in ice dance. I never feel mad at the skater who is the favourite .. occasionally I shake my small and rather weak fist in the judges general direction though.