2017 JGP Italy Ladies SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Italy Ladies SP

tjb

Match Penalty
ok. it's also not a balanced program and a lack of personality. the further we go, the more we learn about alyona.
she should invest more into a smiling, i guess, for interpreting this music better.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Rika is my favorite junior Japanese skater. Her SP is very fresh (unlike FP). And her score is quite deserved. I would say that Sofia is very good and entertaining. And Nana's lutz is just wow: for a moment I though she forgot to start rotating. There is no more Polina's T monopoly on jaw breaking lutzes... but Kostornaya is still on another level. The way she enters the rink - she has a "queen's posture": "the boss has come". Then, her movements are pristine. She is faster than Rika - at least she is much faster on the screen. The only negative thing which my wife pointed out is her coldness. She looks a bit like "the snow queen". May be she will change - may be this will stay with her. As far as I can remember Yuna Kim had a cold style as well.

Kara

Final Flight
Yeah I don't know where the comments on Alena (if there were any) being slow came from because she flies and has a very pleasant glide across the ice that I often feel like I don't get enough from the Russian junior ladies because they have so many transitions. I think she did better in Poland though and would give her more in TR, but how much more can you give her in transitions? She got 6.96 in Poland which I believe is the highest so far this season for junior ladies so that would only be like 0.07 points more. The SP event was amazing with so many high leveled skaters doing amazing so I would want to bask in that feeling for awhile more than this. I'm sad the FS so early in the morning for me it'll be impossible for me to live-watch, but it's probably better this way!

Side note, but press F to pay respects to Korean ladies' lost spin points. Knew it even when I was watching, but level 2 on the sit spin lol YY.:drama: She hasn't had a cleanish (whelp, without major mistake) SP in an official competition in awhile, so I'm really happy she got it together even if the flip edge is still iffy and holding her back.

yuki

Final Flight
and here we're talking about difficulty and Quality.:rolleye:

they're not at the same level in PCS.

You cannot talk about quality if you don't know: a. what an Ina Bauer is and b. what is being judged in PCS.

Yeah I don't know where the comments on Alena (if there were any) being slow came from because she flies and has a very pleasant glide across the ice that I often feel like I don't get enough from the Russian junior ladies because they have so many transitions.

There weren't any, it was just a comparison with Rika. No one called Alena slow, but apparently anything below praise and adoration is an insult to some :slink:.

tjb

Match Penalty
There weren't any, it was just a comparison with Rika. No one called Alena slow, but apparently anything below praise and adoration is an insult to some :slink:.

alena is not slow. not by herself, not in comparison to rika, not in any means.
and in a "russian ladies" and in the several other threads. i've seen a few commentators, that called alena slow, while not comparing her to anyone.
nothing new here. when people don't know what to critize about the skater that they don't like, they are saying the she is slow or the skating skills is not there.

yuki

Final Flight
alena is not slow. not by herself, not in comparison to rika, not in any means.
and in a "russian ladies" and in the several other threads. i've seen a few commentators, that called alena slow, while not comparing her to anyone.
nothing new here. when people don't know what to critize about the skater that they don't like, they are saying the she is slow or the skating skills is not there.

I wasn't aware of the conversation in other threads and was just referring to what was discussed here, which I didn't find insulting to Alena at all. How Rika was discussed is another matter entirely (no choreography, etc.).
FWIW, I like both of these girls and I think that when criticizing them people should keep in mind that they are very young and have plenty of time to develop their skating.