2017 NHK Trophy Pre-event Chat | Golden Skate

2017 NHK Trophy Pre-event Chat

mimishshee

Spectator
I'm not sure if this is way too early but does anyone know when tickets for the NHK Trophy usually go on sale? And are good tickets hard to get? (I don't live in Japan.) Thanks!

Also, predictions on the entires and perhaps who's going to be on the podium? :think::scratch3:

Last edited by a moderator:

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Tickets for the NHK Trophy usually go on sale 2 months before the tournament and all tickets will be sold out in a couple minutes once they are available online. It's as hard as getting a ticket for a Taylor Swift concert.

irriya

On the Ice
Anyone know when is NHK? Will it be the third or fourth? I think COR will be the first, SC second, SA last right?

BTW, anyone going to SA?

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Anyone know when is NHK? Will it be the third or fourth? I think COR will be the first, SC second, SA last right?

BTW, anyone going to SA?

NHK will be 4th. The schedule follows as:

10/22~ COR
10/27~ SC
11/03~ CoC
11/10~ NHK
11/17~ TdF
11/25~ SA

12/07~ GPF

cashley

Rinkside
Hi everyone! Looking at the dates I will be in Japan when the NHK trophy will be held!! Yay!! So. . . . I would really like to try and get tickets. Does anyone know the websites that sell tickets for the NHK trophy (English language would be good). I know it'll be really hard to get tickets but I would like to at least try given that I will be in the country when the competition is on! Thanks in advance!

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
I'm hoping to get some tickets too because I will be lucky enough to be in Japan that day, if you have some information, I'd be extremely grateful if you can let me know! :D

aims

Rinkside
I have no idea how to view these sites in English, but here are the 3 major on-line ticket sites that we use for purchasing figure skating-related tickets in Japan.

Ticket Pia http://t.pia.jp/sports/winter/
E+ http://eplus.jp/sys/web/sports/winter/index.html
Lawson Tickets http://l-tike.com/figureskate/

You'll have to register first before using them, though. Again, no idea if they can be viewed in English. If you have a friend or acquaintance in Japan who is already a member, perhaps you can ask them to try for you. Lots of people are registered, since these sites deal with various other events besides FS such as rock concerts, plays, musicals, and other cultural events etc.

Last edited:

eta

Medalist
I realize my chances of getting NHK tickets are slim to none but I'll still give it a try if my schedule works out, so if anyone has info on payment (i.e. what type of credit card/etc. I would need) I'd really appreciate it.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Rising from the dead to answer ticket questions as a fan based in the US.

I managed to watch NHK while I was traveling in Japan as well, but this was back in 2014 so just a word of caution that perhaps some rules/procedures have changed.

It’s still way too early for this year’s NHK Trophy site to be up so here’s the 2016 version for reference only: http://nhk-trophy2016.jp/

You’ll see the English option on the top right section. Scroll down to the “Tickets” section and there is a link to e-tix which what I used. The link there should bring you to the English page.

From there you can purchase tickets. Now, I don’t know if it’s still the same procedure but you actually have to buy each day’s ticket separately. There aren’t any all-event packages and this is where it gets extremely frustrating and tacky. Say if you aimed for day 1’s tickets, you put that in your cart and you have to pay right away. Or you should, because if you go back to buy the last day’s tickets and then come back to your cart, you might find that your day 1 tickets have already been snatched up. Which is what happened to me and how I ended up not being able to buy the second day tickets lol.

Meanwhile I was frantically buying tickets online, my friend was dashing from convenience store to convenience in her neighborhood in Japan to help get tickets. Lol it’s very competitive there.

So that was the main frustration for buying these tickets back then. Every year I hope they make the system easier and while this is just pure wishful thinking, I really hope they consider selling all-event packages someday.

As for credit cards, I paid mine with a Visa. If you have a Japanese credit card then you can aim for buying the tickets at the sites listed a couple posts above mine as they only accept those.

Hope this is helpful!

SparkleSalad

Rinkside
I'm hoping to go to NHK, too. The internet in my country sucks and won't be upgraded until a month after tickets go on sale so I probably have no chance. :(
What are the odds of buying resold tickets? Are there even any Japanese websites that deal with reselling tickets? I know it can get pretty strict for certain events.

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
Now that the assignments are out, I'm even more hyped than ever to get tickets. Anyone please please please let me know as soon as the news are out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SparkleSalad

Rinkside
I've been told that information about tickets will come out in August.

I hope it's not required to have a Japanese mobile number. I read on the NHK website that last year they changed to electronic tickets that were linked to the phone of the purchaser and if you tried to load them on a different phone, they woukd change colour and become invalid unless you went to the counter at the venue and showed photo ID proving they're yours. I'm not sure if they had other methods available for purchasing tickets as well, though. I really hope they will for international fans.