2017 Worlds Pairs FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Pairs FS

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
No it is always one of the skaters, usually man, but in some pairs it's a women ( for example Marchei/Hotárek).

It's the weaker spinner in the pair who does the calling on the SBS spins. The stronger spinner then adjusts to keep in sync. That's according to David Pelletier, and he should know!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Is it a coach who counts or checks loudly at the rinkside when the pairs do SBS spins? I think I heard it at least three teams in a row, when they were spinning.

Yes, every coaches let their skaters know with loud shouts how they are doing when their SBS spins are getting out of sync.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Charlie needs a little pink on his costume to break up all that black. It looks like it's from Marshall's.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
It's the weaker spinner in the pair who does the calling on the SBS spins. The stronger spinner then adjusts to keep in sync. That's according to David Pelletier, and he should know!

Oh really? I didn't know that, but as you said David Pelletier probably knows :D And it makes sense.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Do Harley & Katya qualify for the Olympics from making it to the LP or do they have to finish top 14 overall?

xabia

On the Ice
Although it's wonderful to be watching BBC (red button) on the big screen instead of my laptop, I just wish the woman with Robin Cousins would stop yacking with question after question. So RC is obliged to explain all the rules of figure skating and ice dancing as we try to watch the competition. Why can't they say nothing until the recap at the end of every skate? Who is she anyway? - obviously knows absolutely nothing. I'd rather listen to Tat on Match - even if I don't understand her!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hottest couple on the ice ;)

Very interesting group overall :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I would keep my fingers crossed for the French, because I am a big fan of this program, but then I couldn't type.

Hmmm... quel dilemma!