2017 Worlds Short Dance | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Short Dance

GGFan

Record Breaker
btw I always wonder where is came from calling idols as 'son' 'daughter' etc:laugh:
Its super weird to me as a non english speaking person

I don't think it's the age factor more of the mama bear factor: you're such a fan of this individual that you over identify with them and live vicariously through them and defend them fiercely. When they succeed you're proud like a mother. . . . I hope that makes sense.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Bravo Israeli team!

Isabella looks fabulous in catsuit and they were crisp to my eye. The only criticism that I have that they skated at times bit too far from each other while in hold. Canadians or even Ukrainians were better in that aspect.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
V/M's TES is throwing me off. It makes everyone elses look small. I expect to see progression but that's probably the highest we will see. It's 43 the max?

One good thing about the Rumba next year? Less Michael Jackson.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Serously it almost feels like that they didn't enjoy skating that much before if you compare the 2011-2014 years and now :laugh: They are having a blast !

and still getting bashed by having that kind of blast, confidence doing the best stuff they ever did...

it was beyond amazing, because they really exceeded that program to the max, those new little touches and daring attitude towards judges, audience and fellow competitors. More will follow when I'll recover

meanwhile, Hollywood arrived in Helsinki in person of Isabella Tobias who has to share her perfect hair secret yet with me :laugh:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually think my enjoyment of them was increased to be honest- Tessa and Scott made everyone happy, N/N didn't totally bomb, they can only benefit from the positive glittery feelings floating around :rofl:

They'd benefit from the crowd feelings for sure, but frankly after V/M everyone looks a bit flat. That's not meant in any way to disparage N/N, who are an excellent team (and who I enjoy!), but they do look rather flatter next to V/M than they would next to one of the earlier groups. So extra kudos to them for not letting it rattle them and skating a great skate! :points:

tulosai

Record Breaker
V/M's TES is throwing me off. It makes everyone elses look small. I expect to see progression but that's probably the highest we will see. It's 43 the max?

One good thing about the Rumba next year? Less Michael Jackson.

I think 44 or a little higher is the absolute max but they are knocking right up against it, yes.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Almost forgot, but the Ukrainians' coach was so funny. Before their scores: "what are you expecting? Like an 80?". They really weren't phased skating after Tessa and Scott.

Last edited:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
One of my dreams came true now... I really wanted to see Tessa and Scott once in person, and here I am! Oh my God they were gorgeous!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
P SQUARED !!!! go go go ;) Anna and Luca!!! Go go go (they grew on me this year... sometimes one ought to forgive skaters who beat weapo.. it wasn't their fault that the judges didn't clearly give it to weapo.... )

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Now I see that I missed watching my Polish team, what a shame but ... 63+ is good I think. I only chimed in after Danes skated (during their K'n'C).

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm not into ice dance at all but I adore Virtue/Moir. I hope they can get Gold at the Olympics. What a career!

MIM

Medalist
Isabella and Ilia are amazing!! their FD caught my eyes during this GP season.

I only paid attention to their FD and it is the first time to watch the SD close. She has undoubtably amazing lines. The program gets a little bit slow and loose in the middle but they finished strong at the end and the beginning was sleek and strong. The tech scores don't seem to come out alright per B-euro casters. hmmmm

AT least, I am glad I can watch their beeeeaaaautifuuuul FD.